Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Pensions

Options
  • 14-07-2010 8:11pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 412 ✭✭

Ok i havent a clue about them. dont have one but maybe i should get one. im in my early 30's. is it too late for me? can you only get a pension if your working? or through a bank or what. although wouldnt be going near them at the mo
    thanks

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,452 ✭✭✭gogo

Wont be going near pensions or banks 'at the mo'?

• Registered Users Posts: 55 ✭✭Alan Smithee

I would certainly look at getting a pension started as soon as possible. there are a range of pensions available with different degrees of risk so i wouldnt dismiss a pension out of hand even if it is fashionable to blame the banks for all the worlds ills (when in fact they only caused most of them;) ) they also offer significant tax breaks although after the recent pensions act this will soon change but will still offer good incentives to save.

but do your research websites like citizensadvice.ie and the pensionsboard.ie are worth a look as well as the forum askaboutmoney.com and no doubt numerous posters here will offer sound advice but ultimately its up to you.. for me i dont want to be relaying on the state pension alone whenever/if ever we can retire.

Advertisement