Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Chickens

Options
  • 14-07-2010 8:11pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 98 ✭✭

Anyone know where I might be able to buy some hens? Living rather than frozen:)

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 13,381 ✭✭✭✭Paulw

Try http://www.poultry.ie/ or http://www.irishfowl.com/ or use Google (like I just did) - chickens for sale.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 98 ✭✭sashasdad

Tried donedeal, bendunne etc., never thought of just googling chickens for sale. thanks

• Registered Users Posts: 923 ✭✭✭Qprmeath

I know a fella locally who sells them. ill see can I get his details for you.

• Registered Users Posts: 64 ✭✭aledoux

The garden center near Gormanstown sells Hens, Chicken coop and Organic Chicken feed.

• Registered Users Posts: 37,485 ✭✭✭✭Khannie

I'd say knock into Paddy Dunne up near Ardgillan (if you come out the main entrance and turn left about 100 metres down the hill he's got a sign advertising chicken and duck eggs for sale). If he wont sell you some I'm sure he'll point you in the right direction.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 22,775 ✭✭✭✭The Hill Billy

That would be Paddy Byrne on Barnageeragh Hill. :)

Thanks for the help all!

• Registered Users Posts: 37,485 ✭✭✭✭Khannie

Hill Billy wrote: »
    That would be Paddy Byrne on Barnageeragh Hill. :)

Ah yes, byrne. :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 369 ✭✭Michael B

On the topic of chickens does anyone know of anyone who sells free range eggs (and at a reasonable enough price) around the Malahide/Portmarnock/Swords areas? I'd rather help out a local farmer/poultry person than buy so many eggs in the supermarket. The eggs are always way nicer too. Thanks.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,744 ✭✭✭Táck

Michael B wrote: »
    On the topic of chickens does anyone know of anyone who sells free range eggs (and at a reasonable enough price) around the Malahide/Portmarnock/Swords areas? I'd rather help out a local farmer/poultry person than buy so many eggs in the supermarket. The eggs are always way nicer too. Thanks.

you could try going to the farms, but not all have chickens so it'd be a bit of a wild goose chase :P

great idea though. screw you tesco!!!

• Advertisement

IMG_0098.jpg

Advertisement