If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

tv

Options
  • 14-07-2010 9:29pm
    Registered Users Posts: 353 ✭✭

Hi Guys & Girls

How well does this model TXP42G20 display SD sky compared to 40PFL5605H unit. Could be in the market shortly need to replace a 10yr Sony trinitron:D.

Cheers

Simon

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,474 ✭✭✭Richersounds.ie: Dave

Hi Simon.

Apologies for the delay in getting back to you.

The plasmas always tend to display motion better than the LCD's down to the response time and the refresh rates of the screens.

This particularly helps with standard SD images as these is where the limitation of the source is mostly visible.

The LCD's do tend to have better detail and a brighter image, but I find that this is better suited to gaming or HD sources.

I hope this helps but if you need anything else, please drop me a line.

ATB

Dave

• Company Representative Posts: 9,463 ✭✭✭Richersounds.ie: John

simonp1 wrote: »
    Hi Guys & Girls

How well does this model TXP42G20 display SD sky compared to 40PFL5605H unit. Could be in the market shortly need to replace a 10yr Sony trinitron:D.

Cheers

Simon

Simon,

If you could give us some more info - is your SKY SD or HD? and are you into Gaming or Sports?

To be honest you have hit on 2 excellent models - I really like the 40PFL5605 - I think it's excellent and the response time is great - however if you really want to see something special you should have a look at the 7605 series.....(especially if you are looking at another 10 year lifespan ;))

Give us some more info and we will try to guide you and of course give you pricing (as tightas possible, don't worry..)

ATB,

John Mc & Crew

John McDonald / Managing Director / Richer Sounds Ireland / www.richersounds.ie / johnmc@richersounds.ie

• Registered Users Posts: 353 ✭✭simonp1

Hi John

The choice is mind boggling....Anyhow heres where Im at:
    Definately plasma, uses will be some ps3 gaming sports and blueray , I have no plans to upgrade to sky HD yet so unsure as to go full hd or hd ready. I was sure about the size (42") until I saw a 50" panny in a local store :)

Another must is hd movie support via usb so the LG 50PK350 has caught my eye also need a stand and budget tops out at 1k Euro.

Hope this helps...not looking for too much really ;)

Simon

Oh and Shipped to Kerry

• Company Representative Posts: 9,463 ✭✭✭Richersounds.ie: John

simonp1 wrote: »
    Hi John

The choice is mind boggling....Anyhow heres where Im at:
    Definately plasma, uses will be some ps3 gaming sports and blueray , I have no plans to upgrade to sky HD yet so unsure as to go full hd or hd ready. I was sure about the size (42") until I saw a 50" panny in a local store :)

Another must is hd movie support via usb so the LG 50PK350 has caught my eye also need a stand and budget tops out at 1k Euro.

Hope this helps...not looking for too much really ;)

Simon

Oh and Shipped to Kerry

Simon,

thanks again for the reply - yep the 50PK350 is a great Plasma for silly money - at £599.95 it's a complete steal and comes in way under budget - Full HD / 600HZ / MPEG4 http://www.richersounds.com/product/tv---all/lg/50pk350/lg-50pk350

I would add the Tech solutions Dedicated 50" stand (which includes cable management) at just £99.95 - so for just €869.99 including delivery you are sorted.

Keep me posted if you are interested in this unit and we can get one reserved for you - if you check out our price with most large retailers in the ROI - even at their 'special summer sale' pricing - we are way cheaper!

Thanks again and keep me posted if we can assist,

ATB,

John Mc & Crew

John McDonald / Managing Director / Richer Sounds Ireland / www.richersounds.ie / johnmc@richersounds.ie

• Registered Users Posts: 353 ✭✭simonp1

Thanks John

Any link to that stand by any chance, Ill be in touch when decision is made.

Cheers

Simon
    Simon,

thanks again for the reply - yep the 50PK350 is a great Plasma for silly money - at £599.95 it's a complete steal and comes in way under budget - Full HD / 600HZ / MPEG4 http://www.richersounds.com/product/tv---all/lg/50pk350/lg-50pk350

I would add the Tech solutions Dedicated 50" stand (which includes cable management) at just £99.95 - so for just €869.99 including delivery you are sorted.

Keep me posted if you are interested in this unit and we can get one reserved for you - if you check out our price with most large retailers in the ROI - even at their 'special summer sale' pricing - we are way cheaper!

Thanks again and keep me posted if we can assist,

ATB,

John Mc & Crew

• Advertisement

Leave a Comment

Rich Text Editor. To edit a paragraph's style, hit tab to get to the paragraph menu. From there you will be able to pick one style. Nothing defaults to paragraph. An inline formatting menu will show up when you select text. Hit tab to get into that menu. Some elements, such as rich link embeds, images, loading indicators, and error messages may get inserted into the editor. You may navigate to these using the arrow keys inside of the editor and delete them with the delete or backspace key.