Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

They crack me up!

Options
  • 14-07-2010 9:46pm
    Registered Users Posts: 2,874 ✭✭✭

Ivan and Morris two of the resident EGAR cats are going for walkies every day with the dogs. Hard to believe they were semi-feral when they arrived from the lovely Laura in Dublin in early March of this year.

They crack me up and all the farmers in the vicinity think I am a witch or cat whisperer :D. The longest walk they came with the dogs and I was about 4 miles roundabout the house.

37685_423966665888_169411475888_4677409_7080340_n.jpg

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,534 ✭✭✭morganafay

Awww :) When I walk my dogs in the fields I usually get one or two cats following me. The dogs hate it, because they try to race each other and look so proud when they're winning, but then a cat goes flying past about three times as fast as them! And the cats don't even have to try :D

• Registered Users Posts: 3,553 ✭✭✭mymo

One of my cats does the same, he has even gotten into the car with the dogs. I have to find him every time I go out, just to make sure he doesn't follow me, its got to the stage I say here dogs and the cat is the first to come running!
    I wonder do they think they're dogs?

EGAR, do yours tease the dogs while walking? My fella likes to run at them to get a chase, then run just out of reach, or jumps up on garden walls or runs under cars.
    My neighbours all think I'm mad!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,378 ✭✭✭ISDW

One of my houses in London was in a green (it sounds posh, but it really wasn't) and last thing every night I would walk the dogs around it, and the cats would always follow us out and come with us. One of my cats used to follow us to the park on walks as well though, which wasn't good, she had to cross a road to get there, and there were a lot of dogs being walked there. So usually I'd have to pick her up and put her inside my coat and she'd do the full walk with us tucked up fast asleep:D

• Registered Users Posts: 2,874 ✭✭✭EGAR

Yep, Morris (the Tuxedo cat) hides in the ditch and jumps out on the dog, Ivan races past them and looks over his shoulder. It's hilarious! They also know which dog they can do it too. They stay well clear of McGinty the old Lurcher :D

• Registered Users Posts: 205 ✭✭myxi

I have 6 cats and 1 dog and I'm convinced the neighbors think I'm mad! Every time I walk the dog down our lane all 6 cats follow along behind me! They drive the dog made running past him and jumping over him (he's only little). It's funny to see. The two smaller cats usually get tired and I end up having to carry them back!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,634 ✭✭✭TooManyDogs

Myxi, I would pay money to see a photo of you walking!!! :D

• Registered Users Posts: 205 ✭✭myxi

It's a funny sight! The dog is on holidays at the minute (my parents brought him for the summer) and since he's gone the cats don't bother following me when I go out walking. They obvious only like going when he's around to annoy!

• Registered Users Posts: 3,553 ✭✭✭mymo

Here's my three this evening, in the pouring rain, and the cat tried to start a fight with a Labrador while out:eek:

Not great shots, i only had phone and it was raining pretty heavy.

Advertisement