Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Looking for a Graphics Card for an emachines 4260

Options
  • 14-07-2010 9:56pm
    Registered Users Posts: 450 ✭✭

Hi all,

I'm looking for a Graphics Card for an emachines 4260 - its a tower and has Windows XP and its running on Service Pack 3. I have a game which says I need either GeForce FX or better class, ATI 9600 class or better. Would any one of these fit the emachines 4260?

Thanks

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 3,495 ✭✭✭Lu Tze

There are no PCI- express or agp slots on that motherboard, you will likely have to source a second hand pci graphics card, though there are some places that still stock them, and even at that i don't know if it would be sufficient for whatever it is you need it for

• Registered Users Posts: 450 ✭✭dublinbusdude

You taking about the white holders? http://img488.imageshack.us/img488/7524/seabreeze6qi.jpg

Yep at the top of that picture

I have them :)

Indeed you do, as the picture proves, however modern graphics cards are designed for different slots which aren't PCI (the white ones).

What are you trying to run?

• Advertisement

UK Truck Simulator

Thats class! I'll have to have a go of the trial of that at the weekend. Unfortunately i have no idea what the equivalent in PCI gaphics would be required, as in what is comparible with the ati 9600 :( Has a quick search there and couldn't find anything

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators Posts: 10,079 Mod ✭✭✭✭marco_polo

Ah memories, I played alot of Counter Strike on a Radeon 9600 quite a few moons ago :D.

Like searching for hens teeth, the only thing even remotely suitable I found was this PCI 8400 GS on dabs, 60 squids is very steep tbh, but it should play what you need it to. It is about 3-4 years younger than the 9600 but despite that the 9600 and 8400GS appear to perform at a fairly similar level as it was pretty low end back in 2007. The 9600 is the minimum requirement so it may not even play it that great TBH.

http://www.dabs.ie/products/pny-geforce-8400gs-512mb-576mhz-pci-vga-dvi-i-5K9L.html?refs=41600000

Frankly for what you would be getting I couldn't recommend a purchase at that price, I would only pay that 60 as a last resort. Shop around for a while and see if you can find something a bit cheaper and better, maybe try ebay etc.

It is the best PCI card I could find, which is not saying much :o

Lu Tze wrote: »
    Thats class! I'll have to have a go of the trial of that at the weekend. Unfortunately i have no idea what the equivalent in PCI gaphics would be required, as in what is comparible with the ati 9600 :( Has a quick search there and couldn't find anything

Hi Lu Tze,

Did you Download UK Truck Sim?

Advertisement