Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

I need help!

Options
  • 14-07-2010 10:11pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 2

Please i need help! I'm 16 and i'm a lesbian, last weekend my dad caught me making out with another girl in my room. My parents are two extremely strict catholics.

They are threatening to throw me out of my house and cut off all connection with me. I'm terrified and i don't want leave my house. I don't know what to say or do, please i need help!

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 3,943 ✭✭✭wonderfulname

gayswitchboard.ie

They're trained, I'm not, and you can talk properly and securely.
    Also, if you can talk your parents into it, they have a line for them too.

Don't worry though, they should come to terms with it eventually.
    Sorry I can't be of more help, it sounds a bit to volatile for me to say anything on such little info, I wouldn't want to make it worse.

• Registered Users Posts: 401 ✭✭Dwn Wth Vwls

As unpleasant an experience as it may be, I think your best option right now is deny deny deny. Say you were just curious, make up excuses as to why you've seen it elsewhere (they might ban you from whatever you choose to blame). Say your friend suggested it and you didn't see the harm.

Keeping a roof over your head right now is your priority really. You can still express that side of yourself outside the house, and soon enough you'll probably be off to college. When you're an adult that doesn't need their financial support, then you can tell them and they'll have to deal with it without threatening you.

• Registered Users Posts: 271 ✭✭AvaKinder

Dublin Lesbian Line is open on monday and thursday from 7pm-9pm as well the number is 018729911

• Registered Users Posts: 1,900 ✭✭✭crotalus667

first of op *hug's to make you feel better*

Secondly I second the post's above me , personally I would go mental but you really don’t want to do that , you can use the bible against them if you want to , the ot is going to recommend they stone you but the nt has a fair bit of “hate the sin not the sinner” stuff in it , Most Catholics don’t bother reading it enough to be able to counter argue it (even if they did it only contradicts it’s self)

• Registered Users Posts: 26,928 ✭✭✭✭rainbow kirby

Post from OP deleted. This isn't 4chan. Take a week off.

• Advertisement
This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement