Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Meditation in Galway

Options
  • 14-07-2010 11:00pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 15

Hi there,
    I'm interested in getting into this to resolve some problems I have in life and basically to turn my life around really.

Does anybody here do this that would have some info for a beginner - there is a retreat coming up aswell which I could do but I don't know if it's for beginners.

Any info appreciated,
    Thanks.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 81,220 ✭✭✭✭biko

• Closed Accounts Posts: 15 emacken

Thanks for those links. I was hoping for advice regarding non cult type ones.

The zen meditation one sounds good - beginner lesson on Monday @ 6pm. Need to figure out how I'll manage that down the line given I work till half five a good bit out North of the city. I'm off next Mon to try it out tho.

That Joy of tech pic is really good.

Thanks for going to the trouble there.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,282 ✭✭✭thefeatheredcat

OP,

There's usually leaflets on this in places like bridgemills, arts centre, library and museum.

I do recall there's a proper retreat place that does day and weekend retreats in wicklow that would include meditation; sadly I can't remember the name, but someone I knew did these and came recommended.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 330 ✭✭Maja

Just be carefull as there is many people out there who dont really know the proper yoga/meditation technics and they just depend on begginers naivety. Unfortunately spiritual development became an easy way to make money for to many con artists as this is very popular and trendy lately.
    Good luck on you way to nirvana. ;)

Advertisement