Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

how much training is enough ?????

• 14-07-2010 11:12pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 11

hi all or anyone !

i am in need of some advice.
    i have given up the smokes & have been training for a few years.
    i swim everyday for one hr in the evening , during the summer i cycle most mornings for one hour and once or twce a week i run for about 30 mins. i also do about 110 press ups 2 to 4 mornings a week.

am i doing too much ??? i dont want to burn out. i'm33 and have never been so fit. i have no interest in gyms and anytime i google "how much excerise is too much" it always brings me to weight loss which is something i have never had to worry about. i just want to be fit & stay fit.

can anyone reccomend some kind of training method or a web site that would give me this information.
    any information greatly appreiated on this

thanks

Micko

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 916 ✭✭✭Bloody Nipples

When it comes to how much is enough it really depends on what you're training for. If you're just doing it to stay fit then I'd say you're just doing the right amount. The only thing there that would make me say :eek: "Whoa that's a lot!" is the push ups but that's only because I'd be hard pressed to grind out 30 let alone 110.

If you were training for, for example, an ironman triathlon then you probably wouldn't be doing anywhere near enough training without throwing in longer bike rides, swims and runs.

Really don't think you're overdoing it at all, and because you're mixing up your training with low impact sports like swimming and cycling then I wouldn't really say you're at risk of burning out.

• Registered Users Posts: 828 ✭✭✭Wonkagirl

Doesnt sound like too much to me- especially when swimming is low impact on the musclo-skeletal system

would you consider doing some more weights tho, to build strength?

no harm to have a few sessions with a PT on that front, i had about 6 and the impact of building strength has had great improvements on my cardio performance since!

i hate gyms too, so do the outdoor training 'bootcamp' style and love it: www.keepfit.ie
    We do a lot of circuits, so i find my strength has improved no end.

Advertisement