Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

PrePay to Bill Pay - Options?

Options
  • 14-07-2010 11:23pm
    Registered Users Posts: 8,004 ✭✭✭

Hi Folks,

I've had two phones for the past 3 years. One is a Meteor phone and the other is a Vodafone number. Long story but basically one has become a work phone, the other is purely for the Meteor free texts. I'm spending €20 per month on both, so on average over the year, about €35 per phone per month. I was thinking about booting one number and moving to a single bill pay phone.

I'm looking for free texts (To any network would be a huge bonus) as I mainly text. After that I'd be looking for a reasonably good call time package (I don't make a huge amount of calls) and finally, I require a good data add on (1GB+). I'm not hoping to go over €35 a month in total, which I know from my basic research isn't a great budget.

Any recommendations?

ironclaw.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 19,340 CMod ✭✭✭✭Davy

First thoughts are going with vodafone. You will have your data, thats one box ticked. Then you can use that to send texts to any netwok (incl international) as they give 600 free webtexts per month ( use cabbage or similar app to assist in this). Both of these are the most important, and this is probably your best option if you dont go over 600 texts a month outside vodafone?

• Registered Users Posts: 28,238 ✭✭✭✭drunkmonkey

That Vodafone offer is a bit poor and complicated camped to 3's current offer, unlimted texts, unlimited weekend minutes and 1GB of data all included in your 20 euro top up, you'll still have 10 euro left after everything. No messing with webtexts involved just use your phone.

• Registered Users Posts: 19,340 CMod ✭✭✭✭Davy

Is the data not 250mb with 3?

• Registered Users Posts: 28,238 ✭✭✭✭drunkmonkey

Think you could be right, 5 euro for the 250mb but your getting 5 euro back with your 20 euro top up. There not charging for some data so op might not need as much data as on other networks.
    The 1GB is gone to 15 but you can also use it for tethering. Do vodafone allow you to tether with their pre pay add on, meteor and o2 don't as far as I know?

Edit: Sorry, o2 don't have a pre pay add on, there not in the race anymore.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,004 ✭✭✭ironclaw

Hi Folks,

Thanks for all the replies. I'd prefer just to use the phone though, no messing with webtexts on data etc. Does Vodafone have a pre-pay data add on?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 18,919 ✭✭✭✭Mimikyu

This post has been deleted.

• Registered Users Posts: 838 ✭✭✭Wats_in_a_name

Best Of Both 15 with Three with 1GB addon -€24.99

1GB internet
    Unlimited Texts
    40 Minutes.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,004 ✭✭✭ironclaw

Best Of Both 15 with Three with 1GB addon -€24.99

1GB internet
    Unlimited Texts
    40 Minutes.

That sounds like a good plan. Any takers on Meteor?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,488 ✭✭✭mathew

ironclaw wrote: »
    That sounds like a good plan. Any takers on Meteor?
    I considered goign with this when I was changing to 3 a month ago.
    What turned me off it was that I have to pay 25e a month regardless.
    With the prepay option I buy 20e of credit, get an extra 5e free, unlimited free texts and 3000 weekend minutes to mobiles. I pay 5e for 250mb of data.
    I still have 20e to make calls during the week and send the odd mms.
    The data lasts me ages (I have an android phone thats always syncing). If it does run out, another fiver gets another 250mb that lasts a new 30days.

Advertisement