Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Does This Count as an Abandoned Bike?

• 14-07-2010 11:33pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 17,968 ✭✭✭✭

Sorry for the crappy phone pic, my lens is scratched:

wYHN1.jpg

This Giant Hybrid has been sitting in the rain in a Dunnes carpark for 2 days, the back tyre is soft, Im thinking of mounting a rescue mission some evening if its there for a while longer (it has a weak little coil lock around the railing under the saddle), is that acceptable do you think or should I just leave it? Its in a rough area so I doubt it will last long where it is. What do you think?

Should I Rescue this Bike? 17 votes

Do it, its abandoned.
    0% 0 votes
    No, leave it, owner might come back.
    17% 3 votes
    Are you f****** insane? Thats bike theft!
    82% 14 votes

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 360 ✭✭radia

Two days doesn't seem very long.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,604 ✭✭✭petethedrummer

2 days? No Way.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,833 ✭✭✭niceonetom

No.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 479 ✭✭_JOE_

My thoughts on this is that the front wheel was taken, which is obvious, the owner leaving it there as they might have had a journey back...Either way, if i was the owner, even if i intended on leaving it there, i'd strip the bike...there's plenty there which could be used again...

Either that or the owner is waiting for transport to get the bike back...but certainly not abandoned in 2 days...A month maybe!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 440 ✭✭Single Malt

Taking a parked bike (2 days counts as parked) is stealing. The bike is quite new, and the owner possibly (probably if rough area) took the wheel to prevent it (wheel) being stolen.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 608 ✭✭✭mockler007

yeh scrote thieving wan~**** for even thinking it :rolleyes:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,504 ✭✭✭✭DirkVoodoo

Hard to guess about what happened the front wheel, it may have been nicked or simply taken for security. Either way, 2 days does not equal abandoned.

Give it a few more months at least. If it's in a Dunnes car park and not on a bike rack it will probably be removed if it isn't nicked. If it is removed, tell them you will take it rather than them dump it.

Advertisement