Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

have a problem

• 14-07-2010 11:47pm
    Registered Users Posts: 4

relative has come to stay, is attending AA and has been in rehab a few times. arrived and went on binge. we found him and took him to our home to sleep it off, got him to an AA meeting last night but today asked for a beer because he had the shakes, i did not know what to do so gave him one as I was afraid He would go to the pub. any ideas what we should do now
    please

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,101 ✭✭✭derealbadger

ring A.A G.S.O explain the problem and ask if they can get someone to do a 12 step call in your area they will get 2 members of A.A to call around and see him and they should be able to give you some advice too. Relay hope this helps you can send me a P.M if there is anything else i can help you with

Phone(01) 8420700 Fax: (01) 8420703 Email: gso@alcoholicsanonymous.ie ...

• Registered Users Posts: 4 Elizodon

I don't know how to send a pm. tried ringing the number but out of hours, I am in Moville Co Donegal, can you help me
    PLEASE

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,101 ✭✭✭derealbadger

my E-mail is [/email] if you send me an e-mail I will reply with my personal phone number but I don't want to put my phone number up on a message board

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8 sobervillage

Hello there, hows it going with your relative. You did the right thing by giving him a drink. If you have the shakes then yes sometimes its best to give some alcohol or shock can occur into their system.

I am a recoverying alcoholic and work in a rehab centre, we deal with these situations all the time.

What prehaps would of been a good idea was for him to of stayed in rehab longer and/or for a breifing to his family on what to espect when he comes home, how to handle relapses.

Maybe phone his rehab centre up and they may help again.

If you need any advice email me on info@sobervillage.co.uk

Clare

Advertisement