Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

how can i get the image i want & c+c

• 14-07-2010 11:53pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 21

hey guys i was out this evening and i couldnt grab the shot i wanted , here are 2 shopts one with a faster shutter speed and then the 3rd image is photoshoped and how i would have liked it to come out .

its a canon 1000d i was using and only started using it the last 2 days so is there a setting or filter i can yu to get my photoshopped result without using photoshop
    keep in mind that i wanted the crops to me bright but have the sky dark i didnt brighten the crops in the 3rd image

questionphoto.jpg

question2.jpg

photoshopedquestion.jpg

thanks

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,503 ✭✭✭smelltheglove

Are you hoping for heavy hdr or to have sky and foreground both exposed perfectly? The easiest way to do it is to use 2 images. Personally the way I used to do it would have been, take on picture so I can see a detail in both sky and foreground (in raw) and open it up in camera raw, adjust the exposure to suit the sky perfectly, then open up the raw file again and adjust the exposure to suit the foreground, layer the 2 on top of each other and then earse they sky in the top layer, you will then see a well exposed sky and well exposed foreground. If happy I would merge the layers and do anymore work required. These days though I just used the Guy Gowan techniques I learnt in his workshop.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,277 ✭✭✭mehfesto

You could go with a faster shutter speed an the light the foreground with a flash or even just a reflector. Or get an ND filter. You could use a hard one for this scene. They come in either hard or gradient. And in different strengths. They Will set you back abou 30quid for the filter and adapter.

Alternatively there ate settings on most dslrs that increase the contrast of the scene as the camera sees it. You'd still need to make the foreground more bright using this method though!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 21 MrcValets

thanks for the fast reply guys

still learning :D:rolleyes:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,263 ✭✭✭✭Borderfox

Stuck it in Lightroom and brighten whole picture and then used the nd grad filter
    QuestionUpdate1of1.jpg

• Registered Users Posts: 16 Athenryman

sometimes it easier to get a graduated ND filter.
    works perfectly every time

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 16 Athenryman

or to do with the camera alone - put it in live view and use the exposure compensation vis the trackwheel.

Advertisement