Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Rental Property Charlesland

Options
  • 15-07-2010 12:02am
    Closed Accounts Posts: 45

Hi folks
    Does anyone know the true state of rental in Charlesland - We are looking to rent out our duplex, and wondered if the demand is any good - looking on Daft etc all Charlesland rental property seems to be let agreed - is this true, rental seems popular here in Charlesland? luckily we have the oppurtunity to go live with parents as we are all unemployed here currently - so we cant pay mortgage and moratoriums are now nearly impossible to get! rather than lose the place, it seems right to rent in the hope we can pay arrears etc and hold onto the asset.

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 11,221 ✭✭✭✭m5ex9oqjawdg2i

Hi folks
    Does anyone know the true state of rental in Charlesland - We are looking to rent out our duplex, and wondered if the demand is any good - looking on Daft etc all Charlesland rental property seems to be let agreed - is this true, rental seems popular here in Charlesland? luckily we have the oppurtunity to go live with parents as we are all unemployed here currently - so we cant pay mortgage and moratoriums are now nearly impossible to get! rather than lose the place, it seems right to rent in the hope we can pay arrears etc and hold onto the asset.

From what I can see, and from past experience living in Dublin city, Charlesland is very sought after. It seems that a lot of places are let out. I mean, you would have to set a good price to attract people, you know? How many bedrooms have you got? Is it a house or apartment?

In my opinion, charlesland is doing very well. Not too sure about blacklion though as those apartments seem to be pretty expensive to rent out.

• Registered Users Posts: 970 ✭✭✭cuddlycavies

Cant think what bank you're with. ''Moratoriums nearly impossible to get''
    Not so.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 45 essentialjc

Hi, yes we currently have a moratorium - what I meant was I cant see them granting us for a further six months and so on...

• Registered Users Posts: 59 ✭✭Tiradon

You shouldn't have too much of a problem renting it out provided, as previously mentioned, you have it priced right. Unfortunately for prospective landlords, it really is a renters' market out there so what you're offering must equal or better what is on offer around you. Word of advice, if this is you're first time renting out a property and are planning on relying on the rent to cover or make up the majority of your mortgage payment, set the rent pyt date a week or 2 before the mortgage pyt date to give yourself some comfort with potential late pyts etc. Also, set up a seperate bank account and if you're taking a security deposit, as tempting as it may be, DON'T spend it :). Good luck if you decise to proceed.

Advertisement