Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Baby no longer Bearing Weight on legs?

Options
  • 15-07-2010 12:06am
    Moderators, Arts Moderators Posts: 17,231 Mod ✭✭✭✭

My nearly 6 month old has stopped wanting to stand (supported). He started around 6 weeks and you couldn't get him to sit for anything he loved to be standing. Last time I remember him standing a lot was about 5 months. The other day my husband said "he doesn't try to stand anymore" and I realised he was right! He's big into sitting up on his own at the moment though

Any ideas, he even seems to have lost the grá for his door bouncer!

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 37,485 ✭✭✭✭Khannie

Maybe it's causing him some discomfort. If you're concerned maybe check in with your GP?

For what it's worth our little one has started weight bearing a bit less (just letting her legs hang instead of bearing weight on them), though she hasn't been the best over the last few days.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,921 ✭✭✭silja

Unless he seems to be in pain, I think it's probably just because he's interested in other things now, such as sitting and crawling.

• Moderators, Arts Moderators Posts: 17,231 Mod ✭✭✭✭Das Kitty

He's actually pretty obsessed with grabbing his feet at the moment so it could be that standing isn't a conducive position! He stood for a while earlier today actually so I don't think it's causing any pain. We moved to our new house on Friday so he's been getting used to the new surroundings also.

• Registered Users Posts: 58 ✭✭sara-lou

He has loadsa new smells and noises and hustle and bustle with the big move! He will be up again when he fancies it. My wee one was always clapping her hands once she learned, she got bored of that when she learned to wave, and bored of that now she has started to pull herself up.....They go through wee phases all the time

• Registered Users Posts: 37,485 ✭✭✭✭Khannie

Das Kitty wrote: »
    He's actually pretty obsessed with grabbing his feet at the moment

Our one too. :D I loves it. :D

• Advertisement
Advertisement