Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Finglas to Portadown?

Options
  • 15-07-2010 12:11am
    Closed Accounts Posts: 107 ✭✭

Which way would you go?
    The N2 through Ashbourne and onwards looks like one option via Armagh
    and the other option looks like Newry-Banbridge-Portadown.

Any thoughts?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 18,272 ✭✭✭✭Atomic Pineapple

I'd go Newry-Bandbridge-Portadown, I presume you'd take the M1? The M1 will bring you straight to Newry and then its not too bad from there to Banbridge.

I've only drove through Armagh a few times but the traffic seems like it can get really bad.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,475 ✭✭✭bitemybanger

Like draffodx said. M1 all the way unless your a provisional licence holder and are not permitted to drive on motorways.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,953 ✭✭✭gipi

Like draffodx said. M1 all the way unless your a provisional licence holder and are not permitted to drive on motorways.

A provisional licence holder can't drive in NI either......a learner permit isn't valid outside the 26 counties.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,000 ✭✭✭andreac

Deffo up the M1, its very straight forward and you should be there under 2 hours, 1 and half hour approx as long as you arent driving like Miss Daisy :)

• Registered Users Posts: 1,492 ✭✭✭upmeath

When I read the thread title I thought it had something to do with the Orangeman sketch on Naked Camera. He's always strutting around Dublin looking for Finglas, and it is marching season!
    I'd do as draffodx says, M1 it up. The N2 is only good for point-to-point driving in the counties it serves, for instance I would rarely use it any further north than Slane, possibly Collon. At that point I'd switch over to the M1 which is still relatively close. I have friends from Derry who drive around Lough Neagh to use the M1 rather than using the N2 to get to Dublin.

• Advertisement
Advertisement