Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

broken archos screen

• 15-07-2010 12:23am
    Registered Users Posts: 17

have the archos 5 internet media tablet and ive managed to break the sceen by putting too much pressure on it while it was in my pocket, maybe i sat on it on something, but now the display is showing cracks coming from a broken point in the middle of the screen. anyone know where or how i would go about getting this fixed or replaced?
    thanks for help,
    Ali

Comments

• Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 7,415 Mod ✭✭✭✭pleasant Co.

You can contact archos and they can fix it for you, but it will cost you a fair bit, like 120euro for new screen.

• Registered Users Posts: 17 TheW

i see, do you know is there any repair shops or anything of the like that could do it for cheaper?

• Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 7,415 Mod ✭✭✭✭pleasant Co.

Afraid not, perhaps someone else can answer that question.

Also, I got that price wrong, it's not 120 but 112, including postage&delivery.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,757 ✭✭✭sxt

I think your only chance to do it cheap is to get very lucky and source cheap a 2nd hand screen on ebay or elsewhere online ,whether it be from a broken archos or something and fix it yourself..

Advertisement