Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Why do people keep rottweiler and pitbulls?

1789101113»

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 213 ✭✭pitbull_fanatic

johnmcdnl wrote: »
    these bull dog type breeds are often trained to be fighting dogs and therefore the media portrayal of these dogs is very negative.. this overlays into real life and it results in people who want to look "hard" buying one of these "fighting" dogs while the ordinary person tries to avoid them like the plague out of fear...

very quick and simple question john,
    have you ever had the honour of meeting a rottie or pitbull face to face yourself or did you just meet them on a page in your local rag through an author who makes a fortune the second PITBULL or ROTTWEILLER is printed??

• Registered Users Posts: 2,339 ✭✭✭congo_90

the intimidating look of the dog and bad media has people thinking this way. I remember an ex's brother having a rott and releasing her in a big field and running around with her. she'd jump and run and lick you. she did wind me but such is the force of a heavy dog running into you playfully!

they're very loyal and she reminds me of my lab in the sense of playfulness and absolute loyalty. my dog has barked more and mine is portrayed as friendly!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 15,899 ✭✭✭✭Discodog

It does nothing for the image of PB's that some owners fit them out in studded harnesses & collars.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,772 ✭✭✭✭Whispered

The day of our wedding the man who runs the local kennels brought Harley down with a big white ribbon around his neck. :D

It made him look like a big softie!

Would love to get him a dickiebow for christmas.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 15,899 ✭✭✭✭Discodog

If lots of Bull Breed owners dressed them in these:

21ERuDvovPL_SL500_AA300_.jpg

Instead of these:

index.jpg

People would start smiling instead of fearing.

It is the duty of every restricted breed owner to do their bit to show everyone that their dogs are not dangerous & that the legislation is wrong.

Could make a good positive PR campaign - Put a Bow on a Bull Breed.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 269 ✭✭CL32

Ha great idea. Judging by the amount of 'cute' crap bought for our dog I'll soon be able to start a thread on this.

Best dressed RB crimbo awards. Keep your eyes peeled.

CL32 wrote: »
    Best dressed RB crimbo awards. Keep your eyes peeled.

*heads off to RB forum to start thread* :D

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,634 ✭✭✭TooManyDogs

Discodog wrote: »
    Could make a good positive PR campaign - Put a Bow on a Bull Breed.

That's a fantastic idea! It would work brilliantly I reckon

A rottie I heard of won everyone over because he insisted on bringing his pink teddy bear with him on every single walk. He was a massive rottie but wouldnt let go of his bear! His very mortified owner tried every trick in the book to hide the bear before the walk but the dog simply wouldnt go without it. Hard to be afraid of a dog with a bright pink bear in his mouth :D

• Registered Users Posts: 487 ✭✭DBCyc

We have a nice girly pink collar on Suzie, and she looks like an angel :p

IMG_5496.JPG

• Registered Users Posts: 48 johnmaloney88

59121_1181982086052_1723210087_342182_1961728_n.jpg
    58437_1179881393536_1723210087_338269_8087570_n.jpg

good with people, good with dogs.
    just good in general!!!
    i'll always have a staffordshire bull terrier after ownin troy.

• Advertisement

Ah I love the way he's lying with his legs behind him. Looks like he's doing a "superdog" impression. :pac:

Whispered wrote: »
    Ah I love the way he's lying with his legs behind him. Looks like he's doing a "superdog" impression. :pac:

ha ha ha! he always sleeps like that! i think it's easier cos their back legs are so muscular! he does another superman impression when he sees birds in the bushes! just springs up around 4 or 5 foot in the air! I absolutely love him to bits, i've never had a dog that just wants complete love from ya so much and wants to do nothin but be with you and make u happy.

that's their problem. bad people exploit that characteristic. if them fightin makes u happy they'll do it.

• Registered Users Posts: 487 ✭✭DBCyc

I absolutely love him to bits, i've never had a dog that just wants complete love from ya so much and wants to do nothin but be with you and make u happy.

That's the perfect description of a staffy :)

tbh honest i had to bite my lip reading the original post. it made me angry. people sometimes cross the road when i walk him. the best one was when a woman with a tiny jack russel done it. the jack russel was pullin at the lead and goin mad tryin to get to troy while troy didn't even turn his head to look at him, i was very proud!!!

a perfect example of the whole media thing ruining the dogs names is my granny. she never heard about them being dangerous or anythin and the first time i brought him up to her she adored him. he's so clean, quiet, no smell off him, well behaved.. she thought he was the perfect dog.

the next time i visited she started askin are they dangerous. my aunty had visited after me and started tellin her they were the most dangerous dog in the world. was so annoyin. they worst thing is my aunts son had brought his cocker spaniel up to visit my gran and he snapped ant my gran and the grandchildren.

i brought my troy up again to visit her she forgot everything my aunt said. she thought it was complete bull****!

we all think troy and the german shep x in the top pic are gay! they're always lickin each others faces when they meet! troy loves other dogs. susie the collie x bernese is his lady. and the boss, she keeps manners on him! she's 7 or 8 now!

• Registered Users Posts: 269 ✭✭CL32

Whispered wrote: »

Them there are the Froggy Legs. First thing in the morning mine spends about ten minutes stretching and doing her froggy legs, tail wagging furiously.
    DBCyc wrote: »
    That's the perfect description of a staffy :)

Couldn't agree more.

John - Troy is gorgeous, a credit to you.

• Registered Users Posts: 251 ✭✭Anoeta

http://www.pitbullsontheweb.com/petbull/findpit.html

For the bloke who was spouting on about Pit Bull type breed, just to show how ridiculous this is really is, try and pick out the Pitbull in the link above. A lot of times in the US in dog bite incidents if the dog has a big broad head it will be classified as Pitbull Type breed.

• Users Awaiting Email Confirmation Posts: 919 ✭✭✭Shanao

If you follow this link, you'll see exactly why people have these breeds. Thankfully, its not always just bad press. http://www.pitbullsontheweb.com/petbull/pospress.php

Cheers for the comments on troy. got him for free too. his owner couldn't keep him anymore as he just didn't have the time so went to dublin and brought him back to a life in the country in mayo! he loves it here, runnin mad around the fields and swimming in the river in front of my house.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,412 ✭✭✭toadfly

Cheers for the comments on troy. got him for free too. his owner couldn't keep him anymore as he just didn't have the time so went to dublin and brought him back to a life in the country in mayo! he loves it here, runnin mad around the fields and swimming in the river in front of my house.

He really is beautiful :D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 213 ✭✭pitbull_fanatic

once you go pit, you never retreat

• Advertisement
Advertisement