Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Stag party in Dublin for Dubliners!

Options
  • 15-07-2010 12:40am
    Registered Users Posts: 5

It comes with somewhat disappointment but probably a pinch of realism based on everyone's budgets nowadays that I am organising a stag in Dublin.

We are from Dublin and we go into town a lot, but never on a stag night.

So based on the fact there will be 14 loud and intoxicated louts, temple bar is prob the best bet but what night club/disco bar do you recommend in the vicincity for messy stag parties, is calling ahead a good idea?

I suppose Fitzsimons in temple bar is the first stop.

Make suggestions for the rest if you can....

Cheers

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 25,243 ✭✭✭✭Jesus Wept

Try and behave yourself.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 373 ✭✭The Express

Try going over O'Connell bridge for the laugh.

The Auld Triangle, The early house down at the fruit market, that boozer in Summerhill.

Could be better fun than the usual temple bar circuit.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,094 ✭✭✭jd007

A stag party in Dublin you say? For dubliners? That almost sounds like something that should be in the Dublin Forum. :p

• Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 17,133 Mod ✭✭✭✭cherryghost

ah ffs, get out of AH!

• Registered Users Posts: 11,932 ✭✭✭✭scudzilla

Ok, you're stayin in Dublin cos of costs, hear me out here.

Go to Dublin port at 7.30 am and buy a Rail and Sail to Bangor for 70Euro

Get on the 08:45 ferry, arrive in Holyhead at 10.30, jump on train to Bangor, get there for around midday.

Drink, drink and more drink (half the price of Dublin),It's got a huge University so plenty of filthy students, get the train back from Bangor as Midnight, ferry is at 02:40 back to Dublin.

With the price of beer would prob work out cheaper than Dublin

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 5 Tafus Maximus

You are dead right, Dublin is going to be more expensive. I had something planned for Liverpool but between people worrying about money and the groom finding a new found interest in boredom since he got engaged, he was having none of it.

Some people say that marriage is the downfall of many a good man.

Maybe, maybe not. Regardless a good stag is needed to send him off into the world of mortgages, babies and cheap package holidays.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 27,944 ✭✭✭✭4zn76tysfajdxp

Just don't get married. Cheaper all round.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,720 ✭✭✭Sid_Justice

at the very least head to kilkenny or galway, even for the novelty factor of not being in the same pubs; actually i'd recommend belfast.

• Registered Users Posts: 19,473 ✭✭✭✭Super-Rush

Moved from After Hours.

• Registered Users Posts: 5 Tafus Maximus

Fair enough

Moved to somewhere else

or removed from boards.ie?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 141 ✭✭salutations

You are dead right, Dublin is going to be more expensive. I had something planned for Liverpool but between people worrying about money and the groom finding a new found interest in boredom since he got engaged, he was having none of it.

Some people say that marriage is the downfall of many a good man.

Maybe, maybe not. Regardless a good stag is needed to send him off into the world of mortgages, babies and cheap package holidays.

We had this very same quandary with a stag coming up. Some were whinging about going abroad as it would cost too much, but that makes no sense as 2 nights drinkin in Ireland including hotels would be extortion. We're flying to Newcastle for one night on a Friday then train to Edinburgh on the Sat, flying back from Edinburgh Sunday. Priced it yesterday at about €160 including flights, trains and manky hotels(who cares you'll never be in them). Drink is so cheap in these 2 places you wont believe it. It will not cost anymore than 2 big nights of carnage in Dublin and you get to go away, surely the best part of a stag.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,738 ✭✭✭Jay D

I don't mean to sound negative mate but I'd be a lot more than disappointed if I was to have a stag in Dublin.

As has been pointed out, it's really cheaper going abroad.

Advertisement