Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Few tips before getting a tattoo

Options
  • 15-07-2010 12:56am
    Registered Users Posts: 39

Looked through here but can't find anything. Sorry if I've missed it, I'm getting my first tattoo tomorrow and I'm wondering is there any tips on how to prepare for it. Like should I eat a good breakfast before or just a little bit? And drink loads of water or what? Any insider tips? :)

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 15,183 ✭✭✭✭Atavan-Halen

Have something good to eat maybe an hour - 30 mins beforehand. Last thing you want is to be feeling weak or anything. Have a drink of water with you if you want and overall just relax as much as possible! Make sure you're in a comfortable position and say it to the artist if you want to take a little break or anything.

Best of luck and post up some pics when it's done!

• Registered Users Posts: 30,123 ✭✭✭✭Star Lord

Possibly bring a bottle of lucozade with you, as this will keep your blood sugars up too.

• Registered Users Posts: 329 ✭✭Pierced Off

Fruit Pastilles or suck on some Barley Sugar. Even after 50 hours of tattoos, I still use one or the other, ( I know, I'm a wuss)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 94 ✭✭NikNakOoo

Bring something to occupy yourself... a mobile phone game helped me sit through 3 hours of boredom (and pain.)

• Registered Users Posts: 855 ✭✭✭422nd

NikNakOoo wrote: »
    Bring something to occupy yourself... a mobile phone game helped me sit through 3 hours of boredom (and pain.)

I sat quietly for my three hours and 15 minutes. Watching the piece progress is fun enough. Only a fifteen minute break half way through for a fag.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 8,326 ✭✭✭Zapp Brannigan

422nd wrote: »
    I sat quietly for my three hours and 15 minutes. Watching the piece progress is fun enough. Only a fifteen minute break half way through for a fag.

That's funny, I don't like to watch my piece being done. I prefer to see the finished product!

Bring water/energy drink and just chill.

422nd wrote: »

Bit hard to watch a back piece in progress. :)

• Registered Users Posts: 855 ✭✭✭422nd

Mirrors.:D

Kento wrote: »
    Looked through here but can't find anything. Sorry if I've missed it, I'm getting my first tattoo tomorrow and I'm wondering is there any tips on how to prepare for it. Like should I eat a good breakfast before or just a little bit? And drink loads of water or what? Any insider tips? :)

So how did it go? :)

• Registered Users Posts: 855 ✭✭✭smokin ace

dont drink any booze because you will bleed like a bitch or smoke any dope either a lot of people do one of these to relax but they are big mistakes get something to eat about an hour before and when getting it done try and relax because if you tense up you will only start flinching and twitching every time the needle touches you and good luck

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 39 Kento

NikNakOoo wrote: »
    So how did it go? :)

Went well, had a sandwich for breakfast and loads of water before and during it. Had gum as well, the 3 and a half hours flew by. My tip would be to bring 2 friends who are willing to sit there and chat for the whole thing :) worked for me anyway ;) Pics are here:

tattoojq.th.jpg

dsci0041g.th.jpg

dsci0040bv.th.jpg

• Registered Users Posts: 84 ✭✭Allure_

Looks great!

Advertisement