Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Open cash game challenge to Irish players

Options
  • 15-07-2010 1:35am
    Registered Users Posts: 9

Hey everyone, i've been bored lately and want a challenge, so i've decided to make an open challenge for bragging rights to the best irish-born NLHE cash game player alive(HU or 6max), along with a side bet of $10,000 to make it interesting. The bet is open to any Irish citizen.

Terms of the bet are, if HU, a series of matches totalling 5000 hands with either 3 or 4 tables(i will leave this up to the challenger), stakes ranging anywhere from 3/6 to 25/50. I suggest 5 1k hand sessions every day for 5 days but this is up for discussion, whoever finishes up more after 5k hands is the victor.

If 6max, then it will be a 20k hand winrate prop-bet. To be played at either 3/6 or 5/10(any higher and there would be no telling how long it would take due to high stakes games not running).

I can do this on Full Tilt, Pokerstars or iPoker. If either participant wants to opt out out of the bet at any point, then they forego the $10k(though a lesser price may be negotiated), a reputable escrow will be agreed upon beforehand.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 668 ✭✭✭Rockfish

oldjude wrote: »
    Hey everyone, i've been bored lately and want a challenge, so i've decided to make an open challenge for bragging rights to the best irish-born NLHE cash game player alive(HU or 6max), along with a side bet of $10,000 to make it interesting. The bet is open to any Irish citizen.

Terms of the bet are, if HU, a series of matches totalling 5000 hands with either 3 or 4 tables(i will leave this up to the challenger), stakes ranging anywhere from 3/6 to 25/50. I suggest 5 1k hand sessions every day for 5 days but this is up for discussion, whoever finishes up more after 5k hands is the victor.

If 6max, then it will be a 20k hand winrate prop-bet. To be played at either 3/6 or 5/10(any higher and there would be no telling how long it would take due to high stakes games not running).

I can do this on Full Tilt, Pokerstars or iPoker. If either participant wants to opt out out of the bet at any point, then they forego the $10k(though a lesser price may be negotiated), a reputable escrow will be agreed upon beforehand.

3 posts in 2 years?? Ya right son whatever. pm sent

• Registered Users Posts: 2,513 ✭✭✭RoadSweeper

lol, I hope he sent a PM.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 58 ✭✭Dean.Tamkin

lol, I hope he sent a PM.
    Hmmm , me thinks Rockfish may have jumped the gun just a little. :eek::eek:

• Registered Users Posts: 194 ✭✭peteypop

mods wheres my post gone

• Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 4,663 Mod ✭✭✭✭Hyzepher

Pimping of other sites not allowed

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 6,854 ✭✭✭zuutroy

'Pimping' of 2+2, pocket 5s, Hendon Mob forum used to be no problem. I think 'pimping of one particular site is not allowed' is closer to the mark.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,894 ✭✭✭✭phantom_lord

el_tren_3_small.png

• Registered Users Posts: 765 ✭✭✭wannabecraig

Rockfish wrote: »

You have no idea who this guy is obv'.

• Moderators, Home & Garden Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 24,789 Mod ✭✭✭✭KoolKid

• Closed Accounts Posts: 134 ✭✭rob88

Rockfish wrote: »

ya son 3 posts in 2 years means you cant be good at poker!! ya son woteva man

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 596 ✭✭✭winstons pt

oldjude wrote: »
    Hey everyone.
    give_a_damn_progress5795.gif

• Registered Users Posts: 1,822 ✭✭✭tipp86

Old jude im sure someone has pmd you with a better newer place to post this thread if not phantom lords post should be a hint. If not just pm and i will fill you in.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,263 ✭✭✭strewelpeter

Edit
    Ah fck it If Boards is that insecure about themselves then let them delete whatever they like .

• Moderators, Home & Garden Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 24,789 Mod ✭✭✭✭KoolKid

If you think its about Boards being insecure you really need to look at this sites stats .
    Many over the years have thought they could do the same as Boards.ie Some have succeeded in theirr own field & many others have tried & failed. But all along Boards continues to grow.
    Its about general rules & pimping is not allowed across the board here. Not just the Poker forum. The rule is there not because Boards.ie is insecure, but because it is unhelpful to other posters, it puts nothing into a discussion and it disrupts the flow of threads.

• Registered Users Posts: 52 ✭✭High-Tower

Sigh.......:rolleyes::rolleyes::rolleyes:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,048 ✭✭✭corkie123

koolkid wrote: »
    If you think its about Boards being insecure you really need to look at this sites stats .
    Many over the years have thought they could do the same as Boards.ie Some have succeeded in theirr own field & many others have tried & failed. But all along Boards continues to grow.
    Its about general rules & pimping is not allowed across the board here. Not just the Poker forum. The rule is there not because Boards.ie is insecure, but because it is unhelpful to other posters, it puts nothing into a discussion and it disrupts the flow of threads.

im afraid to say that you are wrong this time as far as poker is concerned but ye lost the poker forum because since the break up it only down hill boards poker .ie has gone and your only fooling yourself if you think otherwise .

sean

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,143 ✭✭✭bubbleking

Not for the first time on this forum that you are wrong - does saying that get me banned? Admins probably back mods pretty well now since the whole Llyodgate scandal - afraid of losing another large community of posters

• Registered Users Posts: 151 ✭✭Dave47

I am shocked and appalled at the treatment of oldjude on the forums today. Do u guys have any idea who he is? This challenge has been accepted on 2plus2 il have ye know. If any of the haters just went to the bother of typing oldjude into pokertableratings you`d know how good he is. So if u want a challenge u shud accept, or if u just hate money.

• Registered Users Posts: 194 ✭✭peteypop

Dave47 wrote: »
    I am shocked and appalled at the treatment of oldjude on the forums today. Do u guys have any idea who he is? This challenge has been accepted on 2plus2 il have ye know. If any of the haters just went to the bother of typing oldjude into pokertableratings you`d know how good he is. So if u want a challenge u shud accept, or if u just hate money.

Are u mildly retarded, wheres this shocking and appalling treatment u are on about.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,276 ✭✭✭✭mdwexford

We used to link 2+2 and plenty of other sites on here all the time.

The link would have been very helpful to the OP in this case because it was showing him where all the Irish poker players actually post there days.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,204 ✭✭✭a148pro

are you having a laugh?

does that mean that nowhere on boards.ie are you allowed to link to another website?

if so then you've got a lot more editing of threads to do my friend

and where abouts in the T&Cs is that?

I seem to remember Devore endorsing the 'other' site and wishing it the best of luck

the absence of any productive poker forum on this (otherwise all encompassing) site and the existence of the other site are a permanent monument to your inability to manage human relationships properly

One word. Context.;)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 640 ✭✭✭MickL

I havint been around here for a while, Where has the mod's gone that understand the pokerscene? Whats this other site?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 610 ✭✭✭TerryTibbs!

One word. Context.;)
    1 week ban for personal abuse

• Registered Users Posts: 8,881 ✭✭✭bohsman

Dont get why koolkid hasnt been banned for this post?

bohsman wrote: »
    Dont get why koolkid hasnt been banned for this post?
    The link was in relation to the discussion.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,204 ✭✭✭a148pro

the discussion is going on elsewhere

• Registered Users Posts: 8,881 ✭✭✭bohsman

In that case both of these are definitely relevant, the 2nd one is Judes well, decent read.

http://www.irishpokerboards.com/forum/showthread.php?t=4723

http://www.irishpokerboards.com/forum/showthread.php?t=4809

• Closed Accounts Posts: 640 ✭✭✭MickL

Will somebody please tell me whats going on? Where is everybody?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 14,610 ✭✭✭✭callaway92

MickL wrote: »
    Will somebody please tell me whats going on? Where is everybody?

Here, after going busto

http://boards.ie/vbulletin/forumdisplay.php?f=127

Advertisement