Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Sick Contorted Willow

Options
  • 15-07-2010 2:00am
    Registered Users Posts: 8

We have a ten yr old contorted willow in back garden,the leaves are going yellow and dropping worse than usual this year.There doesnt seem to be insects damage,no holes or anything,I suspect its some type of fungus as there are black soot spots on some of the leaves. Would cutting it back regenerate it? We had a lot of ladybirds in it this year.Thanks...:confused:

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 6,163 ✭✭✭beer enigma

Shouldn't be fatal, but it sounds like a form of 'leaf spot' fungus - I had it on my willow about 5 years back & like yours suffered a multitude of yellow leaves & black almost 'tar' like spots on the leaves.

I was advised to clear up any fallen leaves and burn them as this stops the fungal spores from spreading & then spray the tree with a copper fungicide.

I lost that years growth & flowering, but it came back healthy the following year

• Registered Users Posts: 5,834 ✭✭✭Sonnenblumen

tasha f wrote: »
    We have a ten yr old contorted willow in back garden,the leaves are going yellow and dropping worse than usual this year.There doesnt seem to be insects damage,no holes or anything,I suspect its some type of fungus as there are black soot spots on some of the leaves. Would cutting it back regenerate it? We had a lot of ladybirds in it this year.Thanks...:confused:

Drought?

Advertisement