Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Deposit question

Options
  • 15-07-2010 2:56am
    Registered Users Posts: 46

Hey guys,

Left apartment start of July and had not yet recieved deposit until further enquiring today. Me and my girlfriend were told that 180 euro was been deducted from our deposit for cleaning.

We were shocked as we had cleaned the place to the best of our ability and felt it was perfect and we were careful tenants.

They said they had to clean it for 18 hours which I find ridiculous as it was immaculate. Unfortunatly have no pictures before leaving it. Should I pursue this money back?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 8,085 ✭✭✭Xiney

Yes - cleaning is not considered damage beyond wear and tear so you are entitled to your full deposit back if they found no other issues.

Contact Threshold.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,906 ✭✭✭J-blk

They should also be able to supply you a detailed invoice/receipt of what this "rigorous" 18-hour cleaning consisted of, amounting to the €180 they deducted... But like Xiney said, it's far from normal to deduct from the deposit for cleaning anyway so definitely pursue the matter further by contacting Threshold.

• Registered Users Posts: 152 ✭✭variety

J-blk wrote: »
    it's far from normal to deduct from the deposit for cleaning anyway

It's not just far from normal - it's not allowed at all.

Threaten them in writing and via phone with the PRTB, request all receipts (just in case they don't have any and it puts them on the back foot) and demand the return in full of your deposit.

You do not need photos - they have not claimed that you damaged anything in the property, just that it was not clean enough, but they CANNOT withhold part of your deposit for cleaning. So don't worry about the photo thing.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13,992 ✭✭✭✭gurramok

Another LL taking the proverbial. Lodge a complaint with the PRTB immediately. Cases like this make it a priority for an independent deposit holding facility.

Advertisement