Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

dodgy fees?

Options
  • 15-07-2010 8:58am
    Closed Accounts Posts: 1,181 ✭✭✭

Hi, I am looking at purchasing a site (developed to subfloor) in a ghost estate in North County Dublin. There's 20 plots in the estate, 5 have houses built, the rest are like the one i'm interested in.
    Here's the query;
    The agent says they're 120K ea with another 15/20K in fees/levies/charges???

When i quizzed him on the extras, he was evasive and just said it was normal..

Is it normal? Do you pay Stamp Duty on a site? What other charges could be insued (other than legal/agents fees)?

Thanks for reading,

Peat.

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 71 ✭✭paultheviking

sounds like stamp duty to me.. ask your solicitor

• Registered Users Posts: 2,300 ✭✭✭martinn123

peatcass wrote: »
    Hi, I am looking at purchasing a site (developed to subfloor) in a ghost estate in North County Dublin. There's 20 plots in the estate, 5 have houses built, the rest are like the one i'm interested in.
    Here's the query;
    The agent says they're 120K ea with another 15/20K in fees/levies/charges???

When i quizzed him on the extras, he was evasive and just said it was normal..

Is it normal? Do you pay Stamp Duty on a site? What other charges could be insued (other than legal/agents fees)?

Thanks for reading,

Peat.
    as well as stamp duty, the agent may be passing on the development levy from Fingal Co.Co which would have been a condition of the original planning permission. You can probably check this by looking up the planning application on www.fingalcoco.ie
    Check with your solicitor is the best advice

• Closed Accounts Posts: 17 dpjobrien

Yes you must pay stamp duty on a site, I paid stamp duty on my site check out the revenues website it gives the rates.

Advertisement