Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Best breakfast in town?

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,155 ✭✭✭ErnieBert

GBC brekkie is always luke warm.

Trisha's is very slow.

Cellar used to be good but it is very dear now.

Busker Brownes is very tasty - they get Colleran's sausies and pudding - nyom nyom

Lynch's is a bit old fashioned but it is the best value and they also use Colleran's pudding

The Lisheen was the best it is no longer with us.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 44 Gooseygoosey

Robbo wrote: »
    Are you thinking of the Left Bank? That's was where Mocha Beans is now on Dominic St. They did a great breakfast.

The left bank was owned by the lot what are Riordan's /Finnegans

I am sorry, and I know that many will disagree with me, but I don't see the attraction of these places.

Both Riordans and Finneganss smell of feet. The food (a ninties menu of "traditional" irish food -- Lasagne, chicken curry and garlic bread) is at best boringly ok and at worst shockingly awful.

The service is between a poor bamboozled waitress who may or may not get your order right to a half decent waitress who will serve you when she stops flirting in a very uncomfortable manner with a guard.

I think that they are the elephant in the room and I did give the 2 places plenty of opportunity but never again. Sorry, I know loads of people will disagree with me.

I like Lynch's for breakfast by the way

• Registered Users Posts: 2,780 ✭✭✭sentient_6

Cellar and Finnegans have the worst breakfast & service in town. Especially finnegans when it comes to service. Your wan than seems to run the place is ignorant as f**k.

Frends is the best breakfast im my opinion. Food & price.

• Registered Users Posts: 445 ✭✭soundbyte

sentient_6 wrote: »
    Your wan than seems to run the place is ignorant as f**k.

+1

Didn't want to say that in my earlier post, but couldn't agree more. On my final visit there, she ignored my specific breakfast order (no mushrooms, no brown bread, a soft egg), and managed to not speak a word to me until I went to the till (she didn't even acknowledge me when she came to take my order).

I said "lovely service with a smile" and gave a big dramatic grin in her face as I left. Haven't been back since. She's far too interested in the guy that does the bread deliveries to bother with customers.

• Registered Users Posts: 51 ✭✭fergywergy

finnegans is by far the worst,i would agree on that but it always seems to be busy must impress some people.elles on shop street do a good breakfast bap which is very tasty although more of a hungover brunch option.i ve heard good things about kellys(front door) and its always fairly busy on weekend mornings.daybreak do good enough breakfast rolls for cheap.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 330 ✭✭Maja

Cream Cheese Bagel in Providence Market Kitchen :p, you can also look at the walls...

• Registered Users Posts: 715 ✭✭✭Newport81

+1 you wont get better than huntsman pity they stop breakfast at 12 though.

Nowhere even comes close in town

• Registered Users Posts: 730 ✭✭✭holly8

inisboffin wrote: »
    Yeah, ok it was deffo when he had it I think, but have it in my head that he had Monroes for a bit too? Anyway, and either way, those breakfasts were gorgeous!

maybe you meant Speedie Smith era? thats what I rem. late 80s. No Front Door then

• Closed Accounts Posts: 63 ✭✭poolfan

Home Plate has a very decent breakfast too. taaaasty! :D

• Registered Users Posts: 42 Duffbeer

Worst food in general = Finnegans.... Left Bank was legendary!
    Best......Riordans....and River Inn is very tasty also. Tried one of their breakfast omlets (spelling..sorry) last sunday and it was savage...
    Cellar used to be good, havent been there in years
    Pucan was great 8-10 years ago until one groggy sunday morning I poured a cup of tea and a cig butt landed in my cup.....never again i said..
    Best way OP to find out is try them all!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 119 ✭✭mhigh86

ya friends on the tuam road is always good for a fry.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13,252 ✭✭✭✭Madame Razz

Sam Baileys is good for brekkie. Good quality food. They stop at 12 Monday to Saturday and 3 on Sunday. Wish they served it til 3 on a Saturday aswell.

Like the Huntsman aswell; very relaxed there. Revive is good also, but at typical Revive prices.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,390 ✭✭✭inisboffin

holly8 wrote: »
    maybe you meant Speedie Smith era? thats what I rem. late 80s. No Front Door then

Remember Speedie too. Just remember the good craic - but think it was early '90s at the height.

I seriously want a good fry-up now. Where's the cheapest?

I seriously want a good fry-up now. Where's the cheapest?

Id say frends. Full fry up for about 7.50. You'd pay a tenner in town for what your getting.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,173 ✭✭✭Wompa1

I tried Riordans a few times due to the people raving about it on here before. It's not very good in my opinion. I get the idea people like it because its trying to be old fashioned or something. Haven't had Kellys breakfast I don't think. Liked the Living Rooms..it wasn't spectacular but that ketchup went very well with the wedges and sausage they served.

I have gone to the Galway Arms Inn quite a bit over the last few years. I really like their breakfast and the guy in there is pretty sound. Plenty of Bread, plenty tea. A good sized breakfast for what your paying.

The staff in Riordans can be unbelievably rude sometimes.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 48 lalalovely

Wompa1 wrote: »
    Liked the Living Rooms..it wasn't spectacular but that ketchup went very well with the wedges and sausage they served.

Kelly's is the same as The Living Room! The Staff, food preparation, suppliers or Chefs havent changed since changed its name! It should be the same Brunch!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 401 ✭✭steel_spine

If someone can tell me somewhere, whre when you ask for crispy bacon, an effort is made to ACTUALLY give you crispy bacon, I will patronise there forever.
    Everywhere puts 'crispy bacon' on their menu because it sounds more delicious, but 99% of the time it's as crispy as damp laundry :mad:

• Subscribers Posts: 9,716 ✭✭✭CuLT

In Galway with girlfriend for weekend, Went to Jalepenos on recommendations here, good brekkie! Cheers!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 829 ✭✭✭kodute

Kellys is a dacent breakfast. Always ask for fried eggs instead of scrambled. Trust me.

Cava has a great spanish breakfast.

• Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 10,563 Mod ✭✭✭✭Robbo

If someone can tell me somewhere, whre when you ask for crispy bacon, an effort is made to ACTUALLY give you crispy bacon, I will patronise there forever.
    Everywhere puts 'crispy bacon' on their menu because it sounds more delicious, but 99% of the time it's as crispy as damp laundry :mad:
    I like places that have real rashers rather than that Fake Bacon crap that you just wang into the microwave.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 401 ✭✭steel_spine

Robbo wrote: »
    I like places that have real rashers rather than that Fake Bacon crap that you just wang into the microwave.

True, 90% of places do buy in the vacuum-packed, pre-cooked streaky bacon. Unbelievably salty too.

• Registered Users Posts: 13 RazzaMataz

Mr Waffle signs are going up on the big empty new building across from UHG.

Cava, the tapas restaurant on Dominick's Street does a lovely cooked breakfast if you want something a little upmarket.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,380 ✭✭✭TheCosmicFrog

The Cellar do a kickass breakfast. Think it's three sausages, three rashers, black and white pudding, beans, mushrooms, toast, tea and the pièce de resistance, a plate of chips.

The Cellar do a kickass breakfast. Think it's three sausages, three rashers, black and white pudding, beans, mushrooms, toast, tea and the pièce de resistance, a plate of chips.

I have to disagree. They deep fry everything including the rashers. Yuck. Chips have no place in a fry & especially not taking up 70% of the plate.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 25,234 ✭✭✭✭Sponge Bob

Home Plate !

• Registered Users Posts: 6,561 ✭✭✭JJayoo

Supermacs all the way:pac:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,215 ✭✭✭scrubber72

anyone else here tried the breakie in fibber magees. 7.50 for 2 sausage, 2 rashers, 2 eggs 2 puds fried tom, beans and mushies hmmm oh and tay and toast too. followed by a heap of pints and the bookies for the day:D

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 25,966 ✭✭✭✭Mrs OBumble

Wompa1 wrote: »
    I tried Riordans ... I get the idea people like it because its trying to be old fashioned or something.

IMHO they're aiming pretty fair and square for the tourist market - can't see why locals would go there at all!

Advertisement