Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

question about rent allowance

• 15-07-2010 9:16am
    Closed Accounts Posts: 32

I'm moving into a new place with my partner next week , we are both currently out of work and we are both starting uni late September. We are currently getting rent allowance for our apartment which costs us €500 a month , the maximum rent allowance they pay for this area is €500 for a couple. Our new apartment costs €520 a month , does this mean they they will not give us any rent allowance at all because its €20 over the set limit or does it mean they will only pay up to €500 and any amount over that is up to us to pay?

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,787 ✭✭✭edellc

dont know how strict they are in your area but in my area they are very strict if the limit is 500euro then normally it means you cannot go over that amount and you are not allowed to top it up ie pay the extra yourself
    im not recommending that you do this but some landlords will agree the 520euro rent but give you a lease for 500euro so it fits in with RA and then you top it up yourself however this is not recommended to do
    why dont you try to negotiate the rent down 20euro with the landlord everyone keeps saying its a renters market so why not chance your arm :D

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 31,117 ✭✭✭✭snubbleste

gaytony wrote: »
    .. does this mean they they will not give us any rent allowance at all because its €20 over the set limit ?..

Yes.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 32 gaytony

thanks for the above replies , went to the CWO today and he refused me the rent allowence , went to the landlord couldnt knock him down any more on the price as I got him down from €575 to €520 , but had a chat gave him 12x€20 = €240 got a contract for €500 went back to the CWO got rent the allowance:D stupid rule imo if im prepared to make up the difference:mad:

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 31,117 ✭✭✭✭snubbleste

Rules are there for a reason.
    What you just did is contributing to higher rents for everyone, except yours is being subsidised by the State.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 32 gaytony

snubbleste wrote: »
    yours is being subsidised by the State.
    from my 7.5 years of prsi contributions

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,920 ✭✭✭cee_jay

gaytony wrote: »
    thanks for the above replies , went to the CWO today and he refused me the rent allowence , went to the landlord couldnt knock him down any more on the price as I got him down from €575 to €520 , but had a chat gave him 12x€20 = €240 got a contract for €500 went back to the CWO got rent the allowance:D stupid rule imo if im prepared to make up the difference:mad:

This is fraud. Infracted.
    Thread locked.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement