Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

wont use health insurance

Options
  • 15-07-2010 9:46am
    Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 483 ✭✭

hi, my dad had a fall a good few years ago now. and he never went to the doctor about it. since then its gotten much worse and id say he needs a hip. ive asked him to go about it but he wont.
    he says he hates hospitals , and i can understand why he hates them. but thats another story. i wish he could understand that more people get better in hospitals than get worse. he knows he would have my full support if he did go about getting fixed up. he paying health insurance for years and years now and he wont use it. what a waste of money. he might as well be throwing it down the toilet. hes also started looking at these pain remedies on the net. a load of waffle. and now hes also buying tablets form natural medicine shops. all of which, cost alot, but do nothing for him. even if he went for an x ray , it would be a step.im really worried he could end up in a chair. anyone have any ideas on how i could get him to go and get seen?????

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 27,645 ✭✭✭✭nesf

Tell him to go talk to his GP. That's the best first step.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 111 ✭✭Bebs

Your best bet is to start off with whatever is least threatening. That might be going to the GP or having someone call out to you. You can work him up from there.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 483 ✭✭tom thum

i suppose. its not as if i can drag him down there. cos that would be his option id say.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 111 ✭✭Bebs

There's probably a district nurse or someone who'd come out to the house and have a look at him. You might find him somewhat more willing to go have it looked at if he or she will tell him that it's damaged.

Advertisement