Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Eircom never give up

• 15-07-2010 10:34am
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,138 ✭✭✭

Keep getting sales calls from Eircom. Im currently with Vodafone and get 8mb BB, off peak calls to Landlines/vodafone mobiles for 36€ a month. Eircom's version with 200mins to any mobile, but only 3mb BB is 56€ a month. Why on earth would i pay an extra 20€ a month for the same slower service??

Eircoms answer........Eircom would provide a much "superior quality service"!!!!!!!

You really have to laugh!

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 43,952 ✭✭✭✭Basq

Never give up you say..!

3595731872_209245822c_o.gif

• Closed Accounts Posts: 16,713 ✭✭✭✭jor el

If you tell them to stop ringing you, they have to stop. If they don't, you can report that to Comreg.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,235 ✭✭✭lucernarian

snaps wrote: »
    Keep getting sales calls from Eircom. Im currently with Vodafone and get 8mb BB, off peak calls to Landlines/vodafone mobiles for 36€ a month. Eircom's version with 200mins to any mobile, but only 3mb BB is 56€ a month. Why on earth would i pay an extra 20€ a month for the same slower service??

Eircoms answer........Eircom would provide a much "superior quality service"!!!!!!!

Call your phone provider and get your name removed from the marketing calls database. http://www.dataprotection.ie/viewdoc.asp?DocID=908

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 683 ✭✭✭Scram

Erm is your BB capped? Im trying to find something wrong with vodaphone here, coz thats a very good deal you have with Vodaphone.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,138 ✭✭✭snaps

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 74 ✭✭p2p2p

Why on earth would i pay an extra 20€ a month for the same slower service??

They make you laugh really.

Their ads boast "all for only €47 a month"

€47 a month !!!
    Seems rip off Ireland is alive and well.
    Back in 2003 on a trip to Belgium a friend was getting phone, TV and 1mb internet for €20 a month.
    Remember in 2003 eircom was still dial up!!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,686 ✭✭✭JHMEG

Like for like eircom are usually around €5 more expensive than Vodafone etc, not €20.

8M BB/Off peak calls/30 mins to mobiles is currently €46.79.

That's not to say Vodafone are perfect. Restarting your connection every 24 hours so they can get usage figures - which they are unable to show you - is a PITA. Not least because it's an interruption, but your IP address will also change.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 436 ✭✭cardol

I switched over to VF about a year ago and since then I have had someone from Eircom call around to get me to switch back to Eircom. Not to mention the sales calls where they never leave a message.
    Two months ago, I told the person at the door I had left Eircom for numerous reasons, had no interest in going back to them and would he please tell his superiors to remove me from whatever list I was on. He said he would.
    The following month, another rep came around and I told him the same thing. He too said he'd pass on my message. I took to ignoring their phonecalls.
    Two days ago, another rep turned up. As soon as he mentioned Eircom, I told him the same thing again, and explained I had already asked the other two reps to stop calling, that I had no interest in Eircom, and to remove my name from the list. He also said he would.
    Yesterday, Eircom rang asking if I was interested in switching back to them, and I blew up! :p I said I was sick of them calling, I was sick of trying to get them to leave me alone, I said their ads are a joke as clearly no-one is "flocking back to them", I asked to speak to whatever idiot was attempting to manage the company so I could tell them what I thought...She cut me off and said she'd remove my name from the list....:DRESULT:D

And it only took 11 months...Eircom are so quick to catch on :rolleyes:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 13,016 ✭✭✭✭vibe666

basquille wrote: »
    Never give up you say..!

3595731872_209245822c_o.gif
    i knew it!!! :D

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 927 ✭✭✭Kev.

jor el wrote: »
    If you tell them to stop ringing you, they have to stop. If they don't, you can report that to Comreg.

Comreg are as bad as Eircon

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 842 ✭✭✭pjproby

more persistent than the Jehovah Witnesses.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 32,865 ✭✭✭✭MagicMarker

cardol wrote: »
    I switched over to VF about a year ago and since then I have had someone from Eircom call around to get me to switch back to Eircom. Not to mention the sales calls where they never leave a message.
    Two months ago, I told the person at the door I had left Eircom for numerous reasons, had no interest in going back to them and would he please tell his superiors to remove me from whatever list I was on. He said he would.
    The following month, another rep came around and I told him the same thing. He too said he'd pass on my message. I took to ignoring their phonecalls.
    Two days ago, another rep turned up. As soon as he mentioned Eircom, I told him the same thing again, and explained I had already asked the other two reps to stop calling, that I had no interest in Eircom, and to remove my name from the list. He also said he would.
    Yesterday, Eircom rang asking if I was interested in switching back to them, and I blew up! :p I said I was sick of them calling, I was sick of trying to get them to leave me alone, I said their ads are a joke as clearly no-one is "flocking back to them", I asked to speak to whatever idiot was attempting to manage the company so I could tell them what I thought...She cut me off and said she'd remove my name from the list....:DRESULT:D

And it only took 11 months...Eircom are so quick to catch on :rolleyes:
    You do realise that she's not going to remove your name from ''the list''.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 436 ✭✭cardol

You do realise that she's not going to remove your name from ''the list''.

OMG!! Don't say that....perhaps I can file a case for harrassment? Wonder how far that will get me :rolleyes:

Oh well, I'll just have to abuse them every time someone calls to the door or rings me...can't wait :D

Advertisement