Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Signing on at Navan Road...

• 15-07-2010 10:37am
    Registered Users Posts: 657 ✭✭✭

Have to sign on tomorrow morning, luckily work is giving me time off (last day tomorrow) but off on a weeks break (nothing fancy, UK)...Was out of work for 3-4 mths 18mths ago, pretty confident wont be long out of it, but prepared for the worst...What are times for queuing like??I intend to get there early..

Its ok to go in tomorrow and claim from Monday isn't it, otherwise I would lose a week,

All i have is passport, no bills in my name for address,wont have p45 till next week, whats best way of rectifying this, apologies if these are obvious questions...

Advice appreciated...

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,920 ✭✭✭cee_jay

You can't sign on tomorrow. You are not unemployed yet. Your P45 will say tomorrow so your first day of unemployment is Monday.

• Registered Users Posts: 657 ✭✭✭CorkFenian

Anyone sure on this the alternative is to lose a week, surely that makes no sense.....Will have to go down and check rgdless (f**k) advice appreciated,Mod, have u heard this before???

• Closed Accounts Posts: 318 ✭✭uoluol

cAr0l wrote: »
    You can't sign on tomorrow. You are not unemployed yet. Your P45 will say tomorrow so your first day of unemployment is Monday.

See above.

You can only sign on, on your first day of unemployment.

uoluol wrote: »
    See above.

You can only sign on, on your first day of unemployment.

so whats the best course of action if i miss next week,thanks for advice

Well didnt bother going in today, took the advice, which is appreciated..

Just wondering what best course of action to take is as tried phoning the office, just rings , should I fax them or just hope they backdate the week....

Any advice or plans appreciated....:D

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,920 ✭✭✭cee_jay

You go in the first day you are available. Explain to them that you finished up on whatever date, and what you were doing since that you weren't able to attend the office. You can request for the claim to be backdated to the first day of unemployment. The deciding officer will decide if this is allowed if they are satisfied that you satisfied all the conditions for the payment for that period (i.e. looking for & available for work etc.).

• Closed Accounts Posts: 23,862 ✭✭✭✭January

If you're going away on holiday you won't be eligible to claim anyway so you need to claim from the first day you are available for work, which will be the day after you come back from holiday.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,388 ✭✭✭delllat

If you're going away on holiday you won't be eligible to claim anyway so you need to claim from the first day you are available for work, which will be the day after you come back from holiday.

or start claiming first ,then take your holiday :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 10,272 ✭✭✭✭Max Power1

dont you have to wait 3 days after being let go before you can sign on?

*disclaimer - this may be total rubbish, i cant remember why I think this

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,168 ✭✭✭Balagan

You can sign on from the first day you are unemployed but you don't get paid in respect of the first three days of your claim be it JB or JA.

• Advertisement
Advertisement