Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Irish League

Options
  • 15-07-2010 10:53am
    Registered Users Posts: 6,419 ✭✭✭

Ok so i've completed my first year and term ever with an Irish club

Shamrock Rovers and somehow came first.

So now just wondering.

Potentially how far is it to realistically take an Irish team in the game?

I've won the PL

Didnt win any cups - next season i'll aim for them

What would be considered brilliant for an Irish team in Europe in the game?

What would be the highest callibre of players i could entice to me?

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13,224 ✭✭✭✭SantryRed

First qualify for the group stages of the Champions League.

This is possible. Look for fantastic prospects in League One or two and Scotland. I was picking up players for 50k, they played for me for 3 or 4 years with and average rating of 8. Then I'd sell them on for at least 300k.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,419 ✭✭✭allanb49

Plan is take them as far as i can then move over to england and work my way up there :D

• Registered Users Posts: 564 ✭✭✭Junior D

I didn't do this in FM10 but in 08. I brought Kilkenny City from 2nd division and won the the 1st division. Then I got to the 3rd qualifying round before Steaua beat me. I did all this in 6 or 7 years.

I did this by getting a parent club, signing free agents especially ones from local clubs and loaning young players from England. All this worked very well.

After I got beat I went to Vitesse in Holland where it all went wrong

I've seen when i went to the board that it says

The chairman thinks a club of this stature should not be a feeder club :S

Bollox

• Registered Users Posts: 5,563 ✭✭✭Ferris_Bueller

With Irish clubs its usually a bit of fun trying to get as far as possible in Europe, but problem is usually you don't get very far and you have to wait a whole other year for the fun to begin again.

• Advertisement

Ok going to strenghten my team up now, it's dec 09, get them ready for europe get a few loans in.

I'm going for the group stages over the weekend.

Care to put bets down on me getting that far in the CL?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 10,838 ✭✭✭✭3hn2givr7mx1sc

I did fairly well with Rovers in 09, in seven years I won the league 4 times and got to the Europa League groups twice and Champions League groups once, then FM2010 came.:(:pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 17,187 ✭✭✭✭IvySlayer

baz2009 wrote: »
    I did fairly well with Rovers in 09, in seven years I won the league 4 times and got to the Europa League groups twice and Champions League groups once, then FM2010 came.:(:pac:

You can move saved games from 09 to 10.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13,224 ✭✭✭✭SantryRed

IvySlayer wrote: »

Really???

• Closed Accounts Posts: 10,272 ✭✭✭✭Max Power1

woah, woah woah, hold the phone, WHAT?

I had a 20 year lincoln city game in FM09 that i got bored of when i got FM10 - are you saying i could have moved the game save over?

grr they should make that more obvious!! (ive deleted the file now so its too late)

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 10,838 ✭✭✭✭3hn2givr7mx1sc

Ah fcuk.:(
    That save is well gone, anyway, though. Had to get a new hard drive for the laptop there last month.

Advertisement