Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

C25k half way there.......

Options
  • 15-07-2010 10:56am
    Registered Users Posts: 141 ✭✭

my next day running is w5d3, it took alot of time to get passed w4, but i did it. I ended up getting new runners which helped, pains in my legs were alot less, and now every running day i think of the enjoyment of finishing, for the last few months i'm getting out there and enjoying myself, mind you it would be nice to have lost some weight, but the few socials at the weekend are needed ;) I'm a bit worried about going from an 8 min run to 20 min, any advice for me, and how was week 6? nervous but will go for it

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 15,704 ✭✭✭✭RayCun

Run slowly, especially when you're taking a big step up like that. I know it feels a bit daunting, but imagine how proud of yourself you'll be when you finish. And look how far you've already come - running for just one minute in week one, you're already up to eight minutes. So have faith in yourself, and keep putting one foot in front of the other.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,148 ✭✭✭_sheep

As RayCun says the most important thing is to keep it slow, speed will come in time dont worry about it for now. If you cant keep up a conversation you are running too fast.

• Registered Users Posts: 141 ✭✭thumper10

thanks for that, i run in the morning before work, and my biggest problem was my breathing, legs a bit sore, but the first time i did week 4 i had to stop twice and it was my breadth, so slowed it down a bit and as you said, built up the strength slowly, speed will come, its about getting the run completed

got up this morning and i did it, w5d3, 20 mins run, and i can tell you it felt great, last few mins were a bit difficult but its done............

Well done! I did the couch25k last autumn, and I think that week was the scariest step up in all my running - from 8 minutes continuous to 20 continuous! More than doubling the length of your run!
    From now on it's only a matter of a few minutes here, the odd mile there...:)

• Advertisement

Well w6d1 down, funny my legs are more tired today than friday after my 20 min run, not really sure why, it was only 5/8 mins runs. Anyone have some good advise about top to get, i have dri-fit shorts but would like to get a top or two, its a bit wetter in the morning, though the heat/humity this morning was unbelievable

well this morning was a difficult morning, looked out the window when i woke, and its was raining, but i got out there, thing is, i cant see myself getting out there once the wintery weather comes in, thinking of buying a treadmill has anyone any good advice, somthing simple me thinks:rolleyes:

There are lots of treadmill threads in the forum archives, for example, if you use the search tool

• Registered Users Posts: 19,524 ✭✭✭✭Krusty_Clown

Visit TKMax/Elverys/Wiggle.co.uk/etc. and pick up a wind-proof jacket. There is no better feeling than getting out there in the worst of weather, then jumping into a hot shower, knowing that you braved the elements and survived. Move over Bear Grylls. Your number's up.

A treasured memory from the winter is running through the snow one morning, passing someone at a bus stop, and hearing her say on her mobile "... and some guy has just jogged past me!!!"

Sure once you're out you'll get warm soon enough

• Advertisement

RayCun wrote: »
    A treasured memory from the winter is running through the snow one morning, passing someone at a bus stop, and hearing her say on her mobile "... and some guy has just jogged past me!!!"

Sure once you're out you'll get warm soon enough

that does sound lovely, though i really cant see myself getting out there in november when its raining, dont mind the snow, had a look at some treamills, there's a huge range of them, trying to source from donedeals or buyand sell, worth a try dont you think?

thinking of doing my first 5km run in mullingar on the 19th sept, all advise welcome, just finished week 7 of the couch to 5k training, have had a few busy weeks so training has fallen off a bit, but would like to complete a race before the winter months.........would it look terrible if i finished the race walking???? any advise on how i can start preparing myself to really get ready for the race, oh so many questions...:confused:

Advertisement