Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

NLP

• 15-07-2010 11:02am
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,416 ✭✭✭

Hi guys,

I'm looking to try NLP and just wondering what peoples experiences have been, any feedback appreciated x

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 489 ✭✭Trashbat

Danniboo wrote: »
    Hi guys,

I'm looking to try NLP and just wondering what peoples experiences have been, any feedback appreciated x

No direct experience, but to be honest from what I know it seems, from a sientific point of view at least, to be about as useful as holistic medicine (ie complete nonsense).

Thats not to say some people don't get a positive placebo effect from it, though, so if you feel it works for you, fair enough.

I am not sure if there are any documented dangers, so my best advice would be to research as many cases as possible before continuing.

*btw, if you're not talking about neuro-linguistic programming, please ignore everything i said :D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 249 ✭✭PrimalTherapy

Be careful. Lots of pop psychologists dabble with NLP and will be only too willing to part you from your cash. No scientific evidence to my knowledge

• Closed Accounts Posts: 43,045 ✭✭✭✭Nevyn

Why NLP?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,416 ✭✭✭Danniboo

Why not?

Thanks for moving mods, a forum for holistic therapies might be a good idea :D

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,312 ✭✭✭Kooli

There's a thread on NLP down below which explains a lot of opinions on it...

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 78,512 ✭✭✭✭Victor

People are wondering, which NLP? http://www.acronymfinder.com/nlp.html

• Closed Accounts Posts: 29 SamB64

I guess the classic NLP question here might be...

NLP for what purpose? What is the outcome you'd liketo achieve s a result of "trying" NLP? :cool:

Sam

SamB64 wrote: »
    I guess the classic NLP question here might be...

NLP for what purpose? What is the outcome you'd liketo achieve s a result of "trying" NLP? :cool:

Sam

A few different things, improve confidence, become more focused, trying to get ove my breakup:rolleyes:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,882 ✭✭✭JuliusCaesar

Lots of discussion on NLP in a previous thread

• Advertisement
Advertisement