Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Welcome to 02 limbo land price plan.

Options
  • 15-07-2010 11:17am
    Closed Accounts Posts: 1,248 ✭✭✭

As a pre paid 02 user i have been using the free texts to all numbers for the last year or so. So i decided on tuesday to change to free 02 only texts and calls. This morning i discovered all my credit was gone even tho i'd only be texting 02 numbers.

I topped up this morning as i know you need to top up to kick the new plan into action and im still getting charged for 02 calls and texts. Rang up 02 and they told me it takes 48 hours to kick in and until then we will be charging .13c for all texts. Now surely they should still be giving me free texts to all networks til the new plan kicks in? But no the 02 woman told me thats the way it is.

Am i alone in thinking thats a joke?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 7,476 ✭✭✭ardmacha

I think it is perfectly reasonable for you to expect to remain on your old plan until switched to the new one.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,248 ✭✭✭hitman79

ardmacha wrote: »
    I think it is perfectly reasonable for you to expect to remain on your old plan until switched to the new one.

I thought the same but not with 02. I'd switch to vodafone only most of my texts and calls are to 02. I told them it was a joke of an arrangement and i may aswell turn off my phone for 2 days til the new plan kicks in. They dont seem bothered tho :mad:

• Registered Users Posts: 18,919 ✭✭✭✭Mimikyu

This post has been deleted.

• Registered Users Posts: 942 ✭✭✭kenyard

what plan are you on in the interm?
    rediculous. iv boycotted o2 for quite some time now.
    switching to three as they seem to have the best offers on the market at the moment

I've never heard of it taking 48hours to switch plans.

The problem here is not the time taken to change plans but the fact that the OP doesn't have the texting benefit of either plan.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 19,340 CMod ✭✭✭✭Davy

This doesn't sound right to me tbh, you shouldn't be switched of a plan, until your new one goes live. Their isnt a limbo. I would highlight the thread to daryll here, and see if he can confirm this, and hopefully get your credit refunded.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,561 ✭✭✭quad_red

I'm in a similar situation.

I broke out of my advance contract 3 weeks ago and moved back to O2 clear sim unlimited 02 talk and text.

Checked my usage yesterday and found thirty euro unbilled usage (seventy in total). I was shocked. 99% of my calls and texts were to 02. Checked up specifically and I've been charged for every o2 text I've sent.

Cue calling o2 who are disputing it. Said I'd have to pay the bill and they'd credit me back the money if it was wrong etc. Told them no way etc. I wanted this to be resolved.

So they said it must be my fault and I signed up to the wrong plan. I said I asked to be put back onto the exact same plan I was on previous to joining Advance.

A supervisor is going to pull out a recording of my phone call to them last month to find out exactly how 'i'm confused'.

I like the new thread title :pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 28,238 ✭✭✭✭drunkmonkey

This post has been deleted.

Have you been on the rum again:rolleyes:

How did you miss this little beauty in the new T's & C's

Notice to all O2 Customers

We're stopping our Desktop Text service.

O2 is stopping its 'Desktop text' service. It will no longer be available from August 3rd 2010. We apologise for any inconvenience caused.

Edit: Maybe i'm wrong but will that not affect cabbage?

Edit: Maybe i'm wrong but will that not affect cabbage?

It will not effect cabbage. O2 had an app the same as cabbage effectively, they are getting rid of it. Its one less thing to spend money on maintaining it. It is not changing how online webtexts work, and cabbage just saves you from manual login to send a text.

• Advertisement

O2 is stopping its 'Desktop text' service.

As noted here its service is not Cabbage!

• Registered Users Posts: 28,238 ✭✭✭✭drunkmonkey

I know but would cabbage be using the same kind of software to access the webtexts, o2 are directing people to http://www.sms4pc.com/o2.ireland/ , if you don't sign up before the 2nd you'll be charged for using the webtext service, 6cent a message I think. I'm thinking there going to block text services and only sms4pc will be able to use desktop texts on o2.

Advertisement