Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Drinking and Your Records

Options
  • 15-07-2010 11:44am
    Registered Users Posts: 188 ✭✭

How long have you gone with out having a drink?
    I honestly don't think it was ever more than 4 days.

Also what is the longest binge drinking you have done? You can state in hours or days, and im not talking about going out friday night and going to bed and sleeping till 4 and then going out saturday. I mean continuous without stopping.

And Longest run in days of drinking like the last one but doesn't matter if you slept it off or not.
    Tagged:

Comments

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Music Moderators, Politics Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 22,360 CMod ✭✭✭✭Dravokivich

Off the booze: 1 year, didn't drink at all when I was 20...

On the Booze: not proud of this... but from Nov 07 - Feb / March 08. not entirelly sure when I stopped... Knocked back about €7,000 euro... feel like a sap for doing that...

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13,130 ✭✭✭✭Kiera

I've gone a few months without having a drink. I'm not too fussed on getting hammered anymore (old age).

Longest binge was about 3 days i think. I'd die now if i tried even 24 hours.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,134 ✭✭✭Lux23

I normally only drink once a week so a week I guess.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 17,918 ✭✭✭✭orourkeda

How long have you gone with out having a drink?
    I honestly don't think it was ever more than 4 days.

Also what is the longest binge drinking you have done? You can state in hours or days, and im not talking about going out friday night and going to bed and sleeping till 4 and then going out saturday. I mean continuous without stopping.

And Longest run in days of drinking like the last one but doesn't matter if you slept it off or not.

I didnt start drinking until I was twenty. I've gone off it for lent a few times since.

I've done a few weekenders but nothing mad

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,553 ✭✭✭Banned Account

Don't really drink during the week - at the weekends I'll have a few depending on the occasion but I can take it or leave it at this stage.

Back in my days of youth t'was a different story - longest binge? About 3 years from 18-21 - don't remember much of it, but I think I had sex at some stage:o

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,598 ✭✭✭joe316

Not meant to be a dig at the OP

I get so depressed when I hear that at lent, people struggle so much to keep off the drink for the 40 days or cant go two weekends without a drink, are we as a nationso addicted to the stuff? Or are we so boring that we cant come up with something else to do.

Now I like a drink and have many a night where I wish I stopped hours earlier but dont understand why people see it as the only thing to do or their lives arent worth it if they have gone a certain amount of time without a drink.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,595 ✭✭✭bonerm

6.5 months (so far)

• Registered Users Posts: 81,310 CMod ✭✭✭✭coffee_cake

off - probably a couple of years. longer if you count that the only break was half a pint

on - few hours probably.

Same as poster above - I get depressed hearing about people proudly announcing it's been x days or even x weeks off alcohol. You sound like addicts, and yeah it's a problem...

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,595 ✭✭✭bonerm

bluewolf wrote: »
    off - probably a couple of years. longer if you count that the only break was half a pint

on - few hours probably.

Same as poster above - I get depressed hearing about people proudly announcing it's been x days or even x weeks off alcohol. You sound like addicts, and yeah it's a problem...

Screw you maaaann! I can quit quittin' any time I like.....

• Registered Users Posts: 832 ✭✭✭Eddie Ere

EvErY NiGhT oN tHe ToWn WiV mEh GiRlIeZ. bacardi breezers all night lolz xox

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 1,553 ✭✭✭Banned Account

What's with all the preachin'?

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 19,240 Mod ✭✭✭✭L.Jenkins

Quit the drink two years ago. Couldn't be bothered forking out loads of cash to feel like shít the next day. The longest session I had was about 4 - 6 hours but spaced out the drink.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,399 ✭✭✭Bonito

Ever play centurion?

Apart from the Leaving Cert and being sick a couple of times, I doubt i've went a week without drink since I was 16.. Even the exams in college were good craic.

• Registered Users Posts: 188 ✭✭Anthony Walsh

Jaysus I was expecting something along the lines of a week long binge, Fitzcaraldo props to you for your 3 year:cool:. To be honest I could go off the drink if i wanted, over the last 3 weeks or so I had a can for UFC, a can for the World Cup and had a few beers because I had relations down from Belfast and have no intention of anything crazy soon. And before that I used to be a mess every friday and saturday. I had a 3 day binge or maybe 4 I honestly couldn't keep track of days.

• Registered Users Posts: 25,775 ✭✭✭✭kfallon

On a side note I hate people who think abstaining on Good Friday is something they can't do, you know the mad hysteria of having to go to the off licence on Thursday and buy 8 'slabs' of cans just cos the pubs aren't open that Friday, get over yourselves, it's one Friday without a drink, it's not armageddon!!!

And I wouldn't mind but it's often the people who rarely go out of a Friday anyway who are the ones stocking up for it!!!

To answer the OP, longest I've gone without a drink is probably a month, can do about two days solid drinking but then the the tiredness (and emotion :D ) kicks in!

Off the booze: 1 year, didn't drink at all when I was 20...

On the Booze: not proud of this... but from Nov 07 - Feb / March 08. not entirelly sure when I stopped... Knocked back about 7,000 euro... feel like a sap for doing that...

Jesus.. So was your username a really drunken attempt at writing "i drunk all of it" ?

• Registered Users Posts: 11,178 ✭✭✭✭NothingMan

Longest without? Not sure, maybe 2 weeks. That may have only been a few beers in between but generally I like a drink at the weekends.

Longest session without sleep? 2 weeks ago I started frinking on a Friday at 7 and stopped the next mornig around midday. Probably have gone longer but not that I can remember. Once I decide I need sleep I'm gonna sleep.

Longest session with sleep? 4 days maybe. Festival or a long weekend. I do it surprisingly often, especially this year so far. It's been a very party filled year. Was even out last night and off down to Carlow drinking for the weekend. I'm gonna see Jedward in Dunbrody so God knows I'll need to be hammered to get through that.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,342 ✭✭✭mojesius

same as above, can't remember the exact days although it included a night out, boozy flight to NYC, new years party and brunch that carried on.. for a while. I've gone 2/3 months without a drink when I was studying. I do enjoy a snifter of port every once in a while and lots of... PINTS. :eek:

• Registered Users Posts: 165 ✭✭magicface1

2 and a half years. Between 20 and 23ish best thing I ever diid...

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Category Moderators, Music Moderators, Politics Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 22,360 CMod ✭✭✭✭Dravokivich

kfallon wrote: »
    On a side note I hate people who think abstaining on Good Friday is something they can't do, you know the mad hysteria of having to go to the off licence on Thursday and buy 8 'slabs' of cans just cos the pubs aren't open that Friday, get over yourselves, it's one Friday without a drink, it's not armageddon!!!

Its the fact that the choice is not there for those who want to, due to a religion... 1 I'm not associated with...
    Jesus.. So was your username a really drunken attempt at writing "i drunk all of it" ?

Haha, not exactly.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,178 ✭✭✭✭NothingMan

Well most good Friday's there's a million excellent house parties going on so you need to have some beer. It's still a Friday night after all and people enjoy drinking on the weekends. The fact pubs are closed means lots of sessions, which are better anyway.

Why should people abstain? Weekends are short enough.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,975 ✭✭✭W.Shakes-Beer

Eddie Ere wrote: »
    EvErY NiGhT oN tHe ToWn WiV mEh GiRlIeZ. bacardi breezers all night lolz xox

I swear to God, the amount of Irish women who actually go on like the above, develop a whole new language and sound as if they're going back to childhood.

Disclaimer: thats some women and not all.

• Registered Users Posts: 14,739 ✭✭✭✭minidazzler

Probably about a month-6weeks off the booze at one stage.

Longest binge, 3 days straight drinking, with nothing but blackout sleeps in between. Longest time spent drinking every day heavily, 2.5 weeks.

• Registered Users Posts: 21,256 ✭✭✭✭Eoin

I reckon I've gone about a month totally dry, but I regularly go a couple of months with just a glass or two of wine at a weekend.

I've never done a solid binge for a few days. My longest session including sleeping it off was probably a two week lads' holidays in the Canaries about 10 years ago, but even then I wasn't able to go mad every night.

I think the point of it is that people would like the choice.

• Registered Users Posts: 15,258 ✭✭✭✭Rabies

Longest is prob 20hrs or so of drinking. But early part of the day is easy casual drinks, like one or two an hour.

Longest with out having a drink is somewhere about 3-4 months. Can go for longer if I want. No biggie to stop, but I do enjoy party life at times :D

• Registered Users Posts: 8,382 ✭✭✭petes

Not drinking? No idea.

Longesest drinking would probably be 24 hours. Did a whole weekend once but there was more than drink involved.

Oh and Kiera what are you talking about old age for?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13,130 ✭✭✭✭Kiera

Insurgent wrote: »

Oh and Kiera what are you talking about old age for?

I am old (30), cant do benders anymore :(

• Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 17,133 Mod ✭✭✭✭cherryghost

Anyone counting the days since their last drop of alcohol is obviously an alcoholic

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 81,220 ✭✭✭✭biko

Usually off it for February and/or Lent so about a month I guess.
    It's been years since I went out two days in a row.
    If I'm out on a Friday I stay in Sat and Sun, have responsibilities now.

Advertisement