Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Drinking and Your Records

Options

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 377 ✭✭AAAAAAAHHH

Kiera wrote: »
    I am old (30), cant do benders anymore :(

Homophobe.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,382 ✭✭✭petes

Anyone counting the days since their last drop of alcohol is obviously an alcoholic

Obviously.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,178 ✭✭✭✭NothingMan

Anyone counting the days since their last drop of alcohol is obviously an alcoholic

Almost 12 hours now. I'm starting to get the shakes.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,714 ✭✭✭no1beemerfan

I was only ever hungover once and it was such a rotten experience and a waste of the next day I swore I'd never do it again. Don't see the point at all. That must be nearly 10 years ago at this stage.

• Registered Users Posts: 25,775 ✭✭✭✭kfallon

Phnarr, phnarr!!!
    Seriously, I'm now 31 and I'd say my ability to hold my drink is better than it ever was. Until about a year ago I used to spend 4 or 5 nights in the pub but decided to clean up my act, get fit and lose a bit of weight which I've done. Now I mostly stick to all day Saturday and maybe an odd Friday night. Defo think I'd rather be on an all day binge in my current state than back when I was 19/20

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,714 ✭✭✭MoodeRator

Call THAT old? you are just a pup:)
    You should still be well able!

longest without approx 6 days.
    longest conitnuous (no sleep) approx 26hrs.
    longest continous (with sleep) need clarification on ruules please. if a drink every day counts then prob from age of 17 through to 25

• Registered Users Posts: 8,382 ✭✭✭petes

kfallon wrote: »
    Phnarr, phnarr!!!
    Seriously, I'm now 31 and I'd say my ability to hold my drink is better than it ever was. Until about a year ago I used to spend 4 or 5 nights in the pub but decided to clean up my act, get fit and lose a bit of weight which I've done. Now I mostly stick to all day Saturday and maybe an odd Friday night. Defo think I'd rather be on an all day binge in my current state than back when I was 19/20

I do the whole day Saturday these days too. If I tried it when I was 19/20 I'd be home twisted by 3 o'clock!!

• Registered Users Posts: 927 ✭✭✭Hasmunch

I was only ever hungover once and it was such a rotten experience and a waste of the next day I swore I'd never do it again. Don't see the point at all. That must be nearly 10 years ago at this stage.

You need to push through that initial pain..... and thats when it gets oh so good

Insurgent wrote: »
    I do the whole day Saturday these days too. If I tried it when I was 19/20 I'd be home twisted by 3 o'clock!!

Saturdays are great, up to the pub for the early football kick off, racing on too, few bets, few beers, evening football and then town after that, fooking magic!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,595 ✭✭✭bonerm

It's not the years, it's the milage.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 2,494 ✭✭✭citizen_p

off...2 - 3 weeks at a time since i first really started

on.... 3 days, well 2 and 1/2 at oxegen (i fell asleep standing up in the crowd at black eyed peas because i was up since 12 on thursday)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13,130 ✭✭✭✭Kiera

Phnarr, phnarr!!!

I've lost quite a bit of weight too and find i cant drink nearly as much as i used to.

RE: the old thing: I just cant do 3 day hangovers anymore. I was away last weekend at a wedding and drank 4 days in a row and am still paying for it today.

• Registered Users Posts: 15,258 ✭✭✭✭Rabies

Same age here.
    Find it very tough to drink two nights in a row.
    Hurts me. Plus it gets very very expensive.
    I now I a thing called rent and bills to pay :(

• Registered Users Posts: 28,789 ✭✭✭✭ScumLord

My longest drinking session was around 10 days. Birthday on the 15th of march, then paddies day, then over to the UK to see a Man U game, I decided to keep drinking the whole time to ward off the horrible comedown so I could go to Manchester. I was in some state on the plane coming home. My skin was cracking open and bleeding. Good times.

Apart from time away from the stuff, my actual drinking record is two bottles of buckfast in half an hour through a beer bong in four halves.
    Recommended weekly units is 21 and I got in 22.5 in thirty mins. Didn't get sick till next day, just passed out for a while.

I've lost quite a bit of weight too and find i cant drink nearly as much as i used to.

*high five*

no, no scrap that

*big tens*

Well played, nice darts!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,976 ✭✭✭Brendog

I've been drinking for 19 years non stop.......thank god water is free

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 23,175 Mod ✭✭✭✭Kiith

I went 16 years without a drink once.

Its been 5 days since i've had a drink, and i'll be having some more tomorrow. Biggest bender i've had was in Prague 4 years ago. 5 days of pretty much non-stop drinking. Can't do that anymore though. My wallet/kidney's cant handle it.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 852 ✭✭✭moonpurple

currently: 5 years plus
    moderate to none at all:pac:

fck you drink companies I aint gonna be one of your bitches

• Registered Users Posts: 832 ✭✭✭Eddie Ere

5 Days straight with sleep, from eleven in the morning until about two or three that night. The day you stop is horrible, get the shakes and then your in the horrors! It was Rag week though so a special effort was put in.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 3,587 ✭✭✭Pace2008

Kiith wrote: »
    Can't do that anymore though. My wallet/kidney's cant handle it.
    Drink's hardest on your liver.

Drank pretty much non-stop for a full week in Ibiza last year. ****ing night terrors when I got home were terminal.

• Registered Users Posts: 468 ✭✭Diabhal_Glas

I disagree, you just need to practice more

I disagree, you just need to practice more

Its the hangovers, dude. I cant do 3 day hangovers anymore.

/well i can, if i have valium.

Anyone else get The Fear after a heavy weekend, you go to bed, turn out the light and you're convinced there are other things in the room with you, rats crawling up your bed, spiders in your bed and you just can't sleep. It's the only time, since I was 3, that I'm afraid of the dark again :D

Its the hangovers, dude. I cant do 3 day hangovers anymore.

/well i can, if i have valium.

Wake up early, 2 nurofen plus lots of water. Wake up later lots of water and some greasy food. Followed soon after by a huge poop and a luke warm shower. Right as rain by 1pm.

Anyone else get The Fear after a heavy weekend, you go to bed, turn out the light and you're convinced there are other things in the room with you, rats crawling up your bed, spiders in your bed and you just can't sleep. It's the only time, since I was 3, that I'm afraid of the dark again :D

I dont see things but i do get "the fear". You toss and turn for hours trying to get to sleep and it just wont happen even tho you're wrecked.
    NothingMan wrote: »
    Wake up early, 2 nurofen plus lots of water. Wake up later lots of water and some greasy food. Followed soon after by a huge poop and a luke warm shower. Right as rain by 1pm.

If i get a second sleep i'm ok but if not i'm shagged for the day!

I get the fear but not about specific things like rats. Just a horrible feeling like i've forgotten or lost something or done something terrible and can't remember what.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,475 ✭✭✭KaiserGunner

I can go weeks or months without drinking. The longest binge that I would have been on would have been about 12 hours. Would never handle any longer than that.

'The Fear' can take on many guises and forms guys n' gals....but it is never pleasant!

I never take tablets for a hangover, I've done the crime so I gotta do the time. The crime is even worse if you had taco chips on the way home, by Sunday evening your arse is like a chewed orange!!!

If you are still a little tipsy on waking up, go for 2 or three pints asap, it will stop the inevitable raging hangover!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 468 ✭✭Diabhal_Glas

well i can, if i have valium.

:)

Everyone says that, the hangovers are really getting worse but were also drinking less as were getting older (I'm 31)

In college everyone was drinking lots, I remember days that I thought I was going to pass out in labs with the whiskey hangovers but sure they are no worse now IMO, and they never lasted three days because back then you'd always go out again, or have the chance to sleep them off.

I suppose everyone is different and it certainly doesn't get any easier but the people I know that drink a lot don't get the same hangovers at all as the ones who occasionally binge or accidentally end up on a monster bender and suffer for days and days.

Advertisement