Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Drinking and Your Records

Options
13»

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 29,293 ✭✭✭✭Mint Sauce

longest without a drink, was about 20 years before i started

:D

serious answer, want about 6 months after getting a stomach ulcer, during that time only drank OJ and 7 up when out, think the sugar had a worse effect than the alcohol

longest session was about 12 hours on my 23 or 24 birthday, started imediatly after last lecture at college about 3.30 or 4, only broke to get some food before the take away closed

not really a big drinker tbh, stuggle for a few days if i have two nights in a row

:o

• Registered Users Posts: 7,231 ✭✭✭HalloweenJack

Started when I was about 15, but I'll go from when I was 18 as it was easier to buy drink then.

I'd say the longest I've gone without drinking in that time is about a month. I'm not sure really.

The longest I've gone drinking is 18 hours, I think. I think I started around 12 noon and finished around six the next morning.

The most consecutive nights was about six.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,382 ✭✭✭petes

kfallon wrote: »
    Anyone else get The Fear after a heavy weekend, you go to bed, turn out the light and you're convinced there are other things in the room with you, rats crawling up your bed, spiders in your bed and you just can't sleep. It's the only time, since I was 3, that I'm afraid of the dark again :D

I woke one night and Splinter was at the end of the bed!!!

• Registered Users Posts: 25,775 ✭✭✭✭kfallon

Insurgent wrote: »
    I woke one night and Splinter was at the end of the bed!!!

Bet the shock led you to have a Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtle's head in your jocks :D

• Registered Users Posts: 5,925 ✭✭✭aidan24326

Longest without = 2 weeks

Longest continuous binge was about 18 hours. Most consecutive nights was 7. Was mega unwell after that. Never again (til the next time :pac: )

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 7,818 ✭✭✭Minstrel27

How long have you gone with out having a drink?
    I honestly don't think it was ever more than 4 days.

Also what is the longest binge drinking you have done? You can state in hours or days, and im not talking about going out friday night and going to bed and sleeping till 4 and then going out saturday. I mean continuous without stopping.

I sometimes go a few months without drinking.

Longest drinking was maybe 20 hours but that was going at snails pace.

• Registered Users Posts: 957 ✭✭✭GrizzlyMan

longest without a drink maybe 2 weeks

Longest session 5 days, festival in Germany '06, nothing but vodka and jager! had F4ck all sleep from what I remember! took a few weeks to get over that one:)

• Registered Users Posts: 15,258 ✭✭✭✭Rabies

aidan24326 wrote: »
    Longest continuous binge was about 18 hours. Most consecutive nights was 7. Was mega unwell after that. Never again (til the next time :pac: )

Yeah.. my longest binge was 2 weeks of getting really drunk every night. Wake up and have breakfast and a bottle of cider mid morning, then carry on for the whole day.
    My insides were a mess after it all for a few days. Felt like sh!t.
    Never again.

Advertisement