Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

A Runners log : Patience and Consistency

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,623 ✭✭✭dna_leri

The maynooth one is racepix 5K on saturday 22nd at 11 afaik. Fast flat course I'm told.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,900 ✭✭✭Seres

Saturday

Evening run : fartlek : 30min with 40sec bursts every three minutes

Spikes went on for the for the first time in prep for 2011 xc season , really excited , did the fartlek on the intermediate nat circuit for this yr . The ground was pretty wet and i misjudged the time so i was on my own-i-o in the park pretty close to dark.

Sunday

Evening session : 60min around the local golf course . Many cars out with few people on the course . Im always cautious to piss golfers off , never know how the moods will be out for 3+ hrs in crap weather However i did see some swans roaming the fairways so im sure they havent any membership fees paid either !! If they are gonna give me stick they'd better give it to the swans too :)

Monday

35min easy & 6 strides

Tuesday

4.7km/27.30min : with *200m , 90sec rest#

40/38/36/38/36/36/36/36: think to aim for between 36-38 mext day .
    Felt okay , quite an enjoyable session , forcused me to concentrate on my form and work off my core strenght to maintain speed

Wednesday

40min easy : really nice run , could have run for much longer , prefect conditions out there today .

Stretching and core work was suppose to happen this morning and yesterday morning , was scared i was gonna wake the kids so didnt get up ( extremely lame excuse but thats what they are there for !!;)) . Hitting the sack at 1am had nothing to do with it !

Thursday

easy 35 mins & AM pilates

Friday

7.9km/ 42.3min : 400*10 , 90sec rest interval

1.29/1.24/1.24/1.26/1.29/1.25/1.24/1.24/1.21/1.22

Was aiming for 90sec but 85 is about right . Today was a feeler session , didnt really know what to expect , not too bad but they will get harder ! My approach to the session is always completely different at the start then at the end . For the last two i really focused on relaxing my body and i felt like i was expending less energy/effort .

Hi Seres,

Your updates are even less frequent than mine now.

Hope you are training hard for the XC?

I assume you know that the Connacht Senior/Inter XC in Sligo has been changed from Sunday to Saturday Nov 5th.

dna_leri wrote: »
    Hi Seres,

Your updates are even less frequent than mine now.

Hope you are training hard for the XC?

I assume you know that the Connacht Senior/Inter XC in Sligo has been changed from Sunday to Saturday Nov 5th.
    jeez no i didnt know that , our senior club is effectively redundant so i have to find this stuff out for myself ( be be told as the case may be !) gotta register myself soon

The training has been as consistent as ever but im pretty busy in work/life at the moment so thats why the logging has been neglected . There are a few notes though that i need to log on a few important sessions .

Today

6km with 10*200m , 90sec recovery , suppose to be 40sec or under

40/39/37/41/36/36/35/36/35/34 : was too soft on myself for the first half of this session , my mind was wandering during the recovery which wouldnt happen if i had been focused . Normally in recovery im concentrating firstly on gettin my breath back , and mentally building myself up for the next rep and assessing how im a set for the rest of the session .

I was supppose to do the Gerry Farnan race on sunday which would have helped me motivationally as i would be able to visualise competitors in training that i could target in the National Novice XC. Once again ill go into a target race underraced ! I have to say it pisses me off sometimes , doin all this training and for what ?! , when i dont get the chances i need to race !!

well buried underneath all the DCM reports and logs .......

Have been lazy with the updates lately , however the training had been consistent as ever , volume is well down but have been working on speed
    Weight has gone down , waist band up a bit so i have decided no beer or sweet stuff for the month of Nov . The beer prob wont make much difference and if i tighten up a bit to feel lighter on the hoof the sweet commitment will be out the window too !

Wednesday 26th oct

45 easy

Yoga: AM : had planned to do this every week but home circumstances are unreliable so unfortunately this has to be knocked on the head , really enjoyed the session but what can ya do ?!

thursday 27th oct

35easy & strides

Friday 28th oct

10*500m on grass

53min/8.82km

these were suppose to be at 1.52 but knew that the terrain wouldnt permit

intended to do one as a tester and then decide target time/pace but forgot to look at the time on finishing so went by the second one as a tester and decided to to go for 2min2sec as target , however this was too easy and decided to go for 2min as the session progressed hoever did session too easy as is evident in the lastsplit

2.02/2.04/2.04/1.59/2.01/1.59/2.01/1.58/2.00/1.52

saturday 29th oct

planned long run but one of the kids got sick so ......

Sunday 30th oct

65min on grass on nat intermediate xc course : so hard to get any proper pace goin , ground was water logged in a lot of spots , not a bit fan of this sesssion , just dont seem to be able to settle in run

monday 31st Oct

cant remember when this has happened me but i forgot to run only remembering at tricker treat time , alot of unexpected events had happened during the daywhich messed my routiine up so maybe there is something there .....
    surprising especially since DCM was on and i watched it too
    This is the first scheduled running day ive missed since august so not to worry

Tuesday 1st Nov

8*500m @ 1.52

8.35km / 47min : had planned after the first that i was gonna push on a try go under 1.50 for the target . Have been too soft on myself lately especially compared to the sessions i did for the HM

1.54/1.49/1.52/1.49/1.51/1.46/1.48/1.44 : , every second one was against the wind which is strange cause they are faster . Put everything into the last one which left me pretty walloped .Thing the next day for road these will have to all be sub 1.50

• Advertisement

Just after spottin a big gap in the log , so after much rooting and cursing the fact that i dont always date the sessions , here it goes :

Sat 15th Oct

Rest

Sunday 16th

60min grass run : in local golf club (i think thats where i did it )

Monday 17th Oct

35min & Strides

Tuesday 18th Oct

35min & Strides

Wednesday 19th Oct

6.76km /37.23min/8*400@85sec

91/84/84/86/79/83/83/82: need a more aggressive target time for these

Thursday 20th Oct

45min easy

Friday 21st Oct

1500m*5 @3.53min/km , 90sec recovery on grass ,

disaster session : didnt charge the garmin , then when i decided to run a loop of 6mins instead i miscalculated and did a loop of approx 4min long and only realised just before i started the session . I also didnt commit to the session properly and my mind wasnt focused enough

Not at all good enough at this stage to be so ill prepared however i did realise how important a strong core is for this type of running . My form was all over the shop and totally inefficent , i expended loads of energy flopping around instead of propelling my self forward

There were actually loads of other points that i noted at the time of this session , another reason to log sessions fairly promptly after doing

Wednesday 2nd Nov

40min easy & strides

Thursday 3rd Nov

Rest & Needling & Massage : Prep for Race Sat

Friday 4th Nov

30min easy with strides

I dont know why but i dont feel at all confident bout the race morro . I think maybe i feel under prepared or something . The negativity wont do me any favours .
    The course is tough , lots of hills , three laps of it , hopefully ity wont be too wet

Saturday 5th Nov

Intermediate Connacht XC

The run up to this race was bad . Firstly i nearly missed it , had to ask the officials to hold on while i got my spikes . He wasnt too happy bout that , however another stressful incident happened shortly after which left me very preoccupied when the gun went off . I also hadnt really addressed the negativities i was having bout the race beforehand which were very prevalent in my head for the first lap and a half .
    I took off fairly slow , cause i felt it was like unchartered territory , i hadnt run an xc in two year . The senior and inter women went off together . Three women tore off together but i held well back . I was hestitant to pass people i should feel comfortable beatening and unwilling to chase people i should be closer to. I wasnt sure which women were in which race . By the first lap i had pulled back all except the three speed demons and three other . By 1.5 laps i had passed the three slower ones and another well know local legend . I called her on cause i figured the three others were too far ahead to pull back and running the next 3km alone in the mud would be a real grueller . she passed me at the bottom of the hill with a bit of momentum so i knew i had to stick with her . This is when the battle began . I passed her on the hill ,she passed me just finishing lap two , then i passed her , then she passed me . Being on the home turf she had alot of support , which if it catches you at a low ebb can nail ya . I thought on the stretch before the climb she was goin to take me but then Mark Davis went by , the mens race had started , and whispered come on roscommon so i hit for the hill . Finished fourth in the field but claimed the intermediate goal
    Was pleased at first but on reflection it wasnt a great preformance

1. I should have chased down the leading women more
    2. The negativities i brought to the race affected my confidence to push on
    3. On many an occasion i was goin to let the 4th lady take off even though i never really felt threatened by her ability to beat me in this race
    4. I lacked alot of motivation that i normally have

The positives though

1. I know the issues i need to address to build confidence for December
    2. I realised that i really do need to drop bout 6-8 pounds to improve my speed, before i just thought oh maybe it might help
    3. Im now very focused on the December Goal
    4. Ive a better idea what to expect from the next xc race

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 19,540 ✭✭✭✭Krusty_Clown

Wait a second... You won the Connaght intermediate XC? You're disappointed..
    You're some fricken legend..

You're some fricken legend..
    Thanks KC ,but there was stuff there that was bothering me bout my performance and i had to acknowledge them . However i am pleased i won . The Nat Novice is coming up in Dec so i want to be able to put in a better race there .

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 1,378 ✭✭✭asimonov

well done on your provincial xc title; definitely a victory for patience and consistency, you've done great to come back from the injury so well.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 400 ✭✭jb-ski

Seres wrote: »
    claimed the intermediate goal
    Was pleased at first but on reflection it wasnt a great preformance

[/LIST]

Jaysus, it's hard to please some people!!:D

No negatives there S.

Great running, well done.

(any chance of an oul coaching session one of these days?)

Not only did she win but the woman she beat into second place was the same woman who won the Cork Marathon for the third time last year and who trains on that XC course day in day out!

Great running Seres!

To be honest, when you were passed at the end of the second lap I thought you were going to struggle but you dug in and won comfortably in the end. You have the inner strength you just need to bring it out more often.

The three seniors who were ahead of you including Una Britton have their eye on National team places so no shame in being behind them. I hope you take a confidence boost from this and start to realise what a class athlete you are and that you deserve to be up there at the front of races like this. Start visualising the National Novices result now.

jb-ski wrote: »
    Jaysus, it's hard to please some people!!:D

No negatives there S.

Great running, well done.

(any chance of an oul coaching session one of these days?)

Thanks J , when it comes to running ya im hard to please but i find that beneficial. XC track in Lough Key is a great place to train the next time your round
    Not only did she win but the woman she beat into second place was the same woman who won the Cork Marathon for the third time last year and who trains on that XC course day in day out!

Great running Seres!

To be honest, when you were passed at the end of the second lap I thought you were going to struggle but you dug in and won comfortably in the end. You have the inner strength you just need to bring it out more often.

The three seniors who were ahead of you including Una Britton have their eye on National team places so no shame in being behind them. I hope you take a confidence boost from this and start to realise what a class athlete you are and that you deserve to be up there at the front of races like this. Start visualising the National Novices result now.

Thanks Kevin , there really nice things to say , i wouldnt be so kind to myself ! , thanks for the support Saturday and compliments to Sligo AC for such a well organised day . Ye will do yourselves proud on the 20th with the same organisation .

Sunday

30min easy : legs felt absolutely fine , didnt feel like they had a race the day before in them

Monday

40min easy : today was planned rest day but head was feeling quite full at work so needed the run .

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 711 ✭✭✭cwgatling

Brilliant going Seres, congrats.

• Advertisement

Hi Seres,

Can I ask, are you self-coached or do you have someone who helps you set your programs?
    I know you are pretty much a one woman club there but are you at the stage where you need to move on in terms of coaching to help you take it to the next level?

I don't have a coach in mind but I'm sure there is one out there if that's what you are looking for.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,377 Mod ✭✭✭✭pgibbo

Congrats on the XC gold. Nice one! :cool:

Tuesday 8th November

300*8 @ 54-56sec /90sec recovery

5.61km/34.08mins

63/57/54/55/53/55/55/55

Very tough session , could feel it from the second rep and didnt know if id be able to hold the pace for the rest of them . Every second one i had the wind in my face . Alot of pressure at work at the moment and that definitely had an impact on how difficult i found the session today .
    The next big session is suppose to be friday but will leave till sunday when i can focus more on it and give it my best effort .

Wednesday 9th Nov

40 min easy & strides

Thursday 10th Nov

40min easy

friday 11 nov

70min easy took long lunch , really enjoyed the run . The last while have been doin the long runs on grass and they are a slog , so today was a welcome change .

Saturday 12th Nov

Rest day

Sunday 13th Nove

10*600 @ 2.12 pace /90sec rest

9.17km/50.38 min : 2.16/2.09/2.08/2.10/2.11/2.09/2.06/2.08/2.09/2.07

Found this session unbelievable tough , could feel it from the second rep . I felt mentally and physically exhausted , a build up of lifes stress which ive been trying to ignore .I didnt even feel any satisfaction on finishing it . My old injury has been bothering me the last while and it seems to be the first thing to bother me when im run down and tired .

Monday

37min easy

Monday

PM : pilates

Tuesday 15th Nov

35min easy & Strides

Wednesday : 8*600 @ 2.04-2.06 , 90sec recovery

8.92km /52.30min

2.06/2.09/2.06/2.07/2.05/2.09/2.06/2.07

Absolute killer session , knew it was gonna be . Think the targets were a bit ambitous , but once they were set i had to strive towards them .
    Had to lie down on the grass verge for a minute after as i was so fecked
    Towards the end of a program i really find the sessions tough on my own.
    Have two more weeks of tough stuff . All this information starts flooding into my head after these sessions , very hard to retain though .
    Self Doubt starts to creep in ,the later stages of my programs , dont want that to be my limiting factor !
    Running always on the priority list of daily objectives but it will be moved up the ranks for the next two weeks
    Stretched and did some pilates last night , certainly helps the Back and Ham

Also : Ambitous expectations this morning to get up and do some stretching and pilates resulted in a below par performance , hit the alarm and ended up been late for work ! Sleep in was nice though :)

Thursday 17th Nov

Forced Rest day : logistics wouldnt permit today so had to forfeit weekend rest day

Friday 18th Nov

45min easy , could have tried to do 1800ms but work has me a bit wrecked so will do morro when things more relaxed .

Sunday 20th Nov

75min easy : on grass , its great ,i didnt come into contact with anyone, so the mind went wandering without distraction. Terrain was quite rough , form was all over the shop. Felt really relaxed after .

Monday 21st

32min easy with strides

• Advertisement

Saturday 19th session

5*1800m @ 3.53km pace

12.22km/1hr 4min :

r1 : 7.34/4.12min/km pace
    r2 : 7.18/4.03min/km pace
    r3 7.09/3.59min/km pace
    r4 :7.17/4.03min/km pace
    r5 :7.12/4min /km

Had planned doin these in the Forest park but was too wet ( water logged) and couldnt do it in the golf course as there was way to many people playing so had to do it on a trail run round a castle in knockvicar . Not really idea at all as it wasnt on one of my regular off road routes . Like to do reps on the same circuits or the road as i find it easier to assess if im giving it the right effort.
    The terrain was pretty rough and there was alot of weaving about to get my footing
    First rep was terrible and i prob should have kept the rest at 4min/km but that didnt happen. Better training for XC than road cause it forced me to concentrate on my footing and to draw off my core stretch to maintain as efficient a stride as possible . It amazing the amount of energy i expend on this terrain that doesnt seem to translate to speed

At the moment i have no idea of my progress in the program as there has been so much variation in the sessions in terms of , locations , types of session : makes them difficult to compare
    Who know how the Novice will go on the 10th Dec

Tuesday 22nd Nov

10*300m in 54-56 sec

43min15sec/6.23km

59/55/55/55/55/54/55/58/57/55

Knew this was gonna be another really tough session , did 8*300 at same pace two weeks ago and found them tough . The first few i normally just want to give up and from half way its just a count down job. After 6th rep was done i was saying to myself ' just 4 more minutes of torture ' and by the last one i was saying '55sec or less left '. A woman came back in her car to ask me if i was alright and if i needed a lift after i had just finished the last rep. This has happened before , i normally get very strange looks when i tell them im just training !!! It probably does look very insane .
    Should have gotten the second last one in the 54-56 range but i stopped a bit early . All and all a good session . 2 more really tough ones to go in the program

Hi Seres,

What sort of recoveries are you doing on those 300's?

Was planning something similar myself this week, probably 12x300 in 58s with similar recovery and adding a few additional reps over the coming weeks.

Hi Seres,

What sort of recoveries are you doing on those 300's?

Was planning something similar myself this week, probably 12x300 in 58s with similar recovery and adding a few additional reps over the coming weeks.
    I was taken 90sec , your suppose to get a full recovery before the next one starts , thats why recovery is so long . If you dont mind me saying 58s seems a bit soft for you , 54s and you would still be at your ease .

I was taken 90sec , your suppose to get a full recovery before the next one starts , thats why recovery is so long . If you dont mind me saying 58s seems a bit soft for you , 54s and you would still be at your ease .

58s is not that soft - it's about my 3K pace where 54s is around my 1500m pace, at least according to McMillan based on my recent 5K time. According to Daniels formula, 55s is my R-pace and 60s my I-pace. It sounds like we are trying to do different things with a similar session. For me its the start of a V02 workout so I will be increasing the volume over the next few weeks, hopefully up to 16, while keeping the recovery time short. Your recovery is longer (though 90s is pretty quick full recovery) so its more of a pure speed session, I presume building towards your target XC race.

58s is not that soft - it's about my 3K pace where 54s is around my 1500m pace, at least according to McMillan based on my recent 5K time. According to Daniels formula, 55s is my R-pace and 60s my I-pace. It sounds like we are trying to do different things with a similar session. For me its the start of a V02 workout so I will be increasing the volume over the next few weeks, hopefully up to 16, while keeping the recovery time short. Your recovery is longer (though 90s is pretty quick full recovery) so its more of a pure speed session, I presume building towards your target XC race.
    fair enough , you aiming for a particular race ? Are Sligo AC all set for Saturdays XC ?

Wednesday 23rd

45 easy
    Work is still pretty hectic so i really look forward to getting out at lunch .
    Have been doin a bit of stretching , core work and hitting the sack a bit earlier which is keeping the old injury behaving .

fair enough , you aiming for a particular race ? Are Sligo AC all set for Saturdays XC ? .
    I'm seeing how this phase of training goes before I decide my next race - or at least before I say it publicly!Yep, all set for National XC, except its on Sunday. Hoping for good spectator weather but expecting the worst. I'll be on parking duty so a brown envelope will get you a premium spot if you are there.

I'm seeing how this phase of training goes before I decide my next race - or at least before I say it publicly!Yep, all set for National XC, except its on Sunday. Hoping for good spectator weather but expecting the worst. I'll be on parking duty so a brown envelope will get you a premium spot if you are there.
    Ill be holding off till the 11th to race . Barking up the wrong tree if you looking for brown envelopes , im perpetually broke !
    If you hear of any good 5/10k races coming up to xmas let me know ?
    Dont wanna be bursting my hump for just one race , if you know what i mean !

If you hear of any good 5/10k races coming up to xmas let me know ?
    Dont wanna be bursting my hump for just one race , if you know what i mean !

A day later than you want but there's always the Fields of Athenry 10k :cool:

• Advertisement

pgibbo wrote: »
    A day later than you want but there's always the Fields of Athenry 10k :cool:
    id love to do it , there are so many things i like bout that race however its just so tricky to get sorted with the kids that time of year . You have planted the seed in my head though ..... , alot of promises will have to be made in return . Damn you ! :)

Thursday 24th Nov

32min easy with strides : crap weather for running which i didnt even notice till i was out in it !

Did some stretching and pilates last night . Tightness is still there in back and hamstring but the stretching and core work do help
    Will need to get a few services before the 11 th : some sports massages and dry needling

friday 25th Nov

10*700 @2.34 , 90 sec recovery

2.34 was based on the assumption that would be on the road but broke off early from work to do them on grass , last time i did these on grass i was @4min/km pace at best and they were 500m*10 . I went a bit soft on myself then . i decided to hit for 3.55-4min/km pace and see how i was , The session didnt go so well 2.42-2.45 target time range

9.46km/50.24min

R1 :2.45/3.56min/km
    R2 :2.40/2.40
    r3 : 3.51/2.42
    r4 :2.40/3.48
    r5 :2.45/3.56min/km
    r6 :2.44/3.52
    r7 :2.44/3.55
    r8 :2.49/4.01
    r9 : 2.50/4.02
    r10 :2.46/3.57

They didnt feel very tough aerobically , i wasnt very out of breath . stomach started to really bother me at 7th rep and even though i felt the session was in control the pain dominated the rest of the session . hope its nothing to worry bout. Reps 8 & 9 were crap . Besides that though there was something else a miss with the session , my mojo . The reps on grass are a totally different animal to the road . not too happy with how that session went . The next big one is Tuesday : 10*600@2.04-2.06 pace , will focus on that now

Saturday

Planned rest day .

Sunday 27th Nov

70min easy grass : nearly didnt get this one in. Nice to get the headspace at the weekend.

Monday

35min easy with strides

Tuesday 29th Nov 2011

10.42km/55min : 10*600@ 2.04-2.06 pace

Was feelin a bit nervous bout this session cause it was the last big session before the race and i wanted to give it a good rattle . To take a bit of pressure off myself, to relax and not to use up energy i decided to set the targets based on the last session (8*600m @ 2.04-2.06) . I had hit 4 within range two weeks ago so i felt if i did 5 within the pace range that was progression , added to the fact that i was aiming to do 10 instead of 8 this time round . Splits as follows

2.04/2.04/2.03/2.05/2.04/2.05/2.10/2.09/2.06/2.08

Got 7 within targets which im pleased with . Two curve balls in the middle there of 2.09 &2.10 , but mildly in my defense a van came while i was on the 2.10 rep and i had to pull in on grass verge to let him pass , still prob would not have hit target though . What worked for me this time was that during the session at 4 into it i said to myself that i would allow an easier one , so knowing i had the option of that bit of respite at some point in the session kept me goin . I managed to push it off from reps 4-6 but just as it happened unplanned 7 and 8 went a bit awol.

Back and hammer have been feeling surprisingly good lately .

Startin to think bout race now , looking forward to it but would be nice to know the quality of the field that will be there on the day

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,208 ✭✭✭shotgunmcos

Hi seres, just catching up with your log, a belated well done on your XC race it sounded like a thriller. Your report had me immersed in the mud with you too, fantastic stuff. Lovin' this log :)

Best of luck for the next race!

Hi seres, just catching up with your log, a belated well done on your XC race it sounded like a thriller. Your report had me immersed in the mud with you too, fantastic stuff. Lovin' this log :)

Best of luck for the next race!

Thanks , was a tough course

Wednesday

easy 35

Thursday/Firday

No running , Friday slipped away from me . Always feel really gulity if i miss a days running even if only easy day . Think its the first 5 day week this program so not to worry

Saturday

10*400m @ 88 sec ( if on road) , 90 sec rest

Decided to aim for 3.50-3.55 pace for theses based on past grass speed work so target range was 1.30-1.34

50.55min/8km

1.36/1.32/1.32/1.36/1.31/1.28/1.33/1.32/1.30/1.31

Nice session except for 2 all in target range .

Did on local pitch

Have neglected the core work and stretching this week and could feel it today on the hamstring so focus on stretching and core this ev and morro

Have been thinkin bout race next sunday . It will be short , fast and painful . I have got to go out fully flamed . I tend to go out slow sometimes and bulid but i will be out of the game if i pursue this strategy . I will draw off the positves from my training to ensure that im feelin confident at the start line and whatever happens happens , im gonna risk this one !

• Advertisement

Sunday

30min easy on football pitch: was absolutely freezing when the wind and rain hit . Time to stop been a hard chaw and take out the winter training gear

Monday

30min easy : another cold one , pilates tonight , ham and back stiff , the results of no stretching/core work last week (despite my promises Sat )
    Had an assigment to do and that took up extra time
    Will be race focused all week so bed early/stretching/core are on the agenda

Tuesday

Rest & Dry Needling : not as good as job as before , Hamstring is a bit stiff

Wednesday

6*600 @ 54-56sec, 90sec recovery

5km : 31.33 min

70/56/59/55/58/53

Was too complacent goin into session , wasnt really alert and on my toes . The 1st/3rd/5th were against a savage head wind , but there is no excuse for the brutal first rep.
    Nervous anticipation for the race sunday , really looking forward to it . Nothing like the feeling, kids forget bought santa for a buzz ! Obsession is in full swing now , had a dream i missed it last night !!

Thursday

easy 35 : Ham and Glutes are tender and tight . Headin into physio later for another loosening up session , told her to get out her biggest needles for the job , she can borrow some from the vet down the road , he has them for the horses !!

Hi Seres,

Hope you are in great shape for Sunday and can give it your best shot.
    Looking forward to your race report.
    Good luck!

Good luck this weekend

• Advertisement
Advertisement