Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

A Runners log : Patience and Consistency

Comments

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 20,366 Mod ✭✭✭✭RacoonQueen

Well done missus. Thats a great time - sub 39 should be a walk in the park for you next time out after the setbacks you've had.

You doing streets of galway in August?*

*I may have already asked this but I forget your response if I did. ;)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,900 ✭✭✭Seres

dna_leri wrote: »
    Great time Seres, beats my recent PB by 1s.
    It's good to come back from injury like that.

Thanks , ya , really wanted to give the old pb a good rattle , ah sure you'll beat that time soon enough
    Super result Seres. Fantastic time and finish position. Hopefully that's some payback for all the time you were set back with injury. Enjoy the moment. It'd be great to see how you would get on in the Dublin half.

Tempted by the Boyle Battle of the Curlews 10km road race? :)

Thanks KC, feels so great to be able to run and train to a program again Not too sure if i can do the Curlew 10km , have a Birthday party to organise that day
    Ya looking forward to the HM training , will start in a couple of weeks , rearing to do one cause i missed out last year
    Well done missus. Thats a great time - sub 39 should be a walk in the park for you next time out after the setbacks you've had.

You doing streets of galway in August?*

*I may have already asked this but I forget your response if I did. ;)
    Ah well , i was on the very edge for that race but sure ill give it another crack in a while , in the meantime i will be focusing on the HM in september , will def do the SOG , great race , great field , fast course and its an evening race which is nice for a change

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,623 ✭✭✭dna_leri

Tempted by the Boyle Battle of the Curlews 10km road race? :)

You tempted to make a west of ireland debut yourself Krusty?

I am thinking about it too but want to suss out the competition first. ;)

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 477 ✭✭brutes1

Ya well done seres, 16th place results are up, you are well up there, whats next.
    btw Galway Track and field next thurs 16th if you or the club have any interest- in ladies races especially, womens is 3k or 5k next week depends on what the takeup is

brutes1 wrote: »
    Ya well done seres, 16th place results are up, you are well up there, whats next.
    btw Galway Track and field next thurs 16th if you or the club have any interest- in ladies races especially, womens is 3k or 5k next week depends on what the takeup is
    Thanks Brutes , was a tough day out but pleased with result , a little off the target and top 15 would have been nice but sure ......
    Dont think i will be able to make it over to the track next thursday , when is your next race ? what are you targeting lately , actually did i see you came third in a certain 8km Cong road race ? nice prize ? first prize looked good !

• Advertisement

Yep cheers back in action, low key start in Cong, good circuit very like a dry cross country course. horrific first three k, was in tenth id say, amazing how hard it is to get the race fitness back, got the engine going in second half like winding up a steam train..! ..raced 5k in loughrea 1720 odd last nite, will run track 5k next week, aim 1650 why not ouch!, then summer races, headford, balla, streets and a couple of halfs..
    oh ya got a dinner prize so that came in handy ;) , good race well worth a crack next yr for ya..

thats the trouble with running your never happy you should be delighted with that, think with a summer of training you can run 37s for ten k..

Yep cheers back in action, low key start in Cong, good circuit very like a dry cross country course. horrific first three k, was in tenth id say, amazing how hard it is to get the race fitness back, got the engine going in second half like winding up a steam train..! ..raced 5k in loughrea 1720 odd last nite, will run track 5k next week, aim 1650 why not ouch!, then summer races, headford, balla, streets and a couple of halfs..
    oh ya got a dinner prize so that came in handy ;) , good race well worth a crack next yr for ya..

thats the trouble with running your never happy you should be delighted with that, think with a summer of training you can run 37s for ten k..
    jesus dude , thats a busy race schedule you got there , ya could be panned out by spetember
    Fairplay on the prize, pretty alright ! , makes the win all the sweeter :pac:
    Oh im happy alright !, its the other posters on my logs that keep upping the anti on me , ya dont get to too much time to bask in the glory round these parts !

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 19,531 ✭✭✭✭Krusty_Clown

You tempted to make a west of ireland debut yourself Krusty?

I am thinking about it too but want to suss out the competition first. ;)
    Any idea what the course is like? I'm looking for a 10k, so if it was flat'ish and on the road, I'd consider giving it a pop. Have e-mailed the organizers, but they didn't get back to me.

Any idea what the course is like? I'm looking for a 10k, so if it was flat'ish and on the road, I'd consider giving it a pop. Have e-mailed the organizers, but they didn't get back to me.
    it certainly wont be flat but will be on the road, can find out more details though if you like ?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,378 ✭✭✭asimonov

Well done on the race and PB seres, great to see you run so well after the injuries etc. Keep it going.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,623 ✭✭✭dna_leri

I emailed them too, without response, but I found this:
    http://homepage.eircom.net/~greenst/curlew2011.html

Definitely not flat, 5K uphill then back down again.

Seres wrote: »
    jesus dude , thats a busy race schedule you got there , ya could be panned out by spetember
    Fairplay on the prize, pretty alright ! , makes the win all the sweeter :pac:
    Oh im happy alright !, its the other posters on my logs that keep upping the anti on me , ya dont get to too much time to bask in the glory round these parts !

Reckon you thrive on the pressure, its all there your well able ! ..ah i think the break early may with injury has got me the hunger back so in the mood to batter a few pbs now..whats next for you

I emailed them too, without response, but I found this:
    http://homepage.eircom.net/~greenst/curlew2011.html

Definitely not flat, 5K uphill then back down again.
    Sorry for the training Log hijack Seres! Will start a thread on the ART Events forum. But I got this response from one of the organizers this morning:
    This is a very hilly course, probaly not one for a fast time, however no better training run, starts and finishes in Boyle town.

I'm definitely tempted, and if I'm down that neck of the woods that weekend (might be in Roscommon town) I might treat it as a training run. Nice to see an appropriately priced race, at €10. New thread here.

Reckon you thrive on the pressure, its all there your well able ! ..ah i think the break early may with injury has got me the hunger back so in the mood to batter a few pbs now..whats next for you
    then main line up is SOG , then adidas 10miler followed by my current A goal (carried f/w from 2010 ) adidas half marathon in the phoenix park .

So what's the inside scoop on the Battle of the Curlews race? Runnable or a mean sum'bitch of a course?

Monday

Not feelin great so no running or pilates

Tuesday

35 mins easy : still not feelin great but did this anyway , might get a bit of a roastin but sure heh....
    not much planned for this week , kick off next monday

wednesday

Forced rest : didnt even bring gear to work so i couldnt be tempted , felt terrible after the run on tuesday so forced myself to take the break

Thursday

40min easy : first day ive felt right since last friday , will be ok for the start of the program next week , thankfully :pac:

Friday

Easy 35min : weather really nice , calm and mild , lovely lunchtime run

whats next up for ya - the streets? womens mini on sun morn in galway you would be in with a shot .
    Am finally gettin back to some level of fitness 1649 track 5k last week , streets main target, few july races ..

whats next up for ya - the streets? womens mini on sun morn in galway you would be in with a shot .
    Am finally gettin back to some level of fitness 1649 track 5k last week , streets main target, few july races ..
    ya the streets will be next , wont be able to make it to the minimarathon in galway though , how you gettin on ?

Monday

30min easy & Pilates

Tuesday

4*1km with 2min rest @4min/km each planned : 4.01/3.52/3.55/4.00

Wednesday

40min easy : forgot my socks which was really annoying , cause i told myself bout a million times to get a pair before goin out this morn

Hamstring very tight , like a rock since startin back monday , loads of stretching tonight and if no improvement will go to physio

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 1,483 ✭✭✭ManFromAtlantis

belated well done in the mini. great time.

belated well done in the mini. great time.

thanks very much , was a good result for me alright

Thursday

Tempo : 3*10min @ 4.15pace : 4.16/4.18/4.11
    Legs felt very tired , back still tight but has loosened up a bit as a result of the stretching and pilates this morning and last night , will do some more stretching tonight

Going better now that i have a plan, adds the discipline i need, lot of faster running instead of miles miles..will do headford 8k, balla 10k, streets, maybe think of a 5k in there, then 3/4 races in august

how you getting on, your log is drifting...! RC won the womens mini training run for her

Going better now that i have a plan, adds the discipline i need, lot of faster running instead of miles miles..will do headford 8k, balla 10k, streets, maybe think of a 5k in there, then 3/4 races in august

how you getting on, your log is drifting...! RC won the womens mini training run for her
    sounds good , summer plan is well established then ?!.
    logs has drifted a bit , dont really know if it is serving any real purpose for me ,will prob log occasionally, but im still training as usual , started a half marathon training program last week and am pretty excited bout where it will take me

Wednesday 13th

45min tempo /4.16km pace : target was 4.15km pace so not too far off,
    splits were as follows :
    1. 4.21
    2. 4.10
    3. 4.14
    4. 4.13
    5. 4.14
    6. 4.17
    7. 4.15
    8. 4.13
    9. 4.14
    10. 4.25
    11. 4.12
    Probably the most important and hardest session to date in the program so decided to take note of a few details
    Prob should have done a warm up cause first one was very slow , got km splits and average pace per km was displayed on the watch for during the splits , which was very helpful so just broke it down km per km with 10km as the target with a bit extra , ignoring the fact that it was 45mins . Had to take a small breather of bout 10secs and pull back the pace at 9km , as i was totally whacked and there were two tough hills ahead . Tried to keep pace fairly constant all the way cause i knew if i let it slip back too much it would be hard to work up to the target pace again .At the hills just dug in and ignored the pace and tried to recoupe on the downhill , which worked well . Good session , very pleased . Will do the same route next time , with the same set up on the watch , might use the virtual partner and will keep somethin in the reserves for the last few hills , no breathers either

bloody hell some session:eek:...

bloody hell some session:eek:...

Found it tough alright , just mentally to keep the pace constant for so long but i i have done sessions which i found were harder , like the 400s , they were seriously mean as hell !

Tuesday : Planned 5*1200m @ 4kmpace with 3min recovery

busy ass day at work today so nice to get outside for the lunch break

Didnt really know how i would find this session in terms of difficulty cause the last two interval session ive had technical problems with gettin use to the watch and the location for doing them but today i returned to my customary spot for these and im well use to the new garmin.
    Reps
    1. 4.48/4minkm
    2. 4.51/4.03minkm
    3. 4.46/3.59min/km
    4. 4.46/3.59min/km
    5. 4.41/3.55min/km
    10km total
    session felt ok , actually really enjoyed it , not too hard , controlled and legs startin to feel stronger for longer distances .
    lowerback tightening up a bit these days so will prob need to start doin some foam rolling and pay a visit to the physio , stretchin aint enough at the moment

Thursday 21st

planned Session : tempo 3*15min @ 4.15km pace

Totals : 55min/12km

T1 :4.11
    T2: 4.13
    T3:4.12

First and second tempos were grand , last one was tough enough as there were two stingin hills at the end
    enjoyed the session , didnt feel it was beyond me but pushed me all the same , progressive definitely

• Advertisement

Bloody hell i feel like i am not training reading these sessions your putting the hard yards in good on ya. Are you running the streets? I am in for it, hopefully survive race week mayhem :D , starts now , town is mental, Aiming for sub 27 me so going fairly well

Advertisement