Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

I dont own an IPhone....

• 15-07-2010 12:49pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,014 ✭✭✭

But i wanted in on the action!

Although slightly gimmicky, i actually quite like the results people have been getting from the various iPhone apps that are popular at the moment.
    Seeing as i was bored and completely unimpressed by the majority of images i took on holiday last month i decided to see if i could get similar results with them.

Anyone else got anything similar?

4795593067_019870ae59.jpg

4796228244_ee2f036bcd.jpg

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 28,348 ✭✭✭✭drunkmonkey

Or you could get a Holga, it's a lot cheaper than an iphone and it's classic cool http://shop.lomography.com/

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,014 ✭✭✭Eirebear

Or you could get a Holga, it's a lot cheaper than an iphone and it's classic cool http://shop.lomography.com/

Haha, yeah. :D

I've actually got a couple of old Lomo cameras kicking about the house, but thats an entirely different story.
    I was just mucking about through boredom today and these are the results.

• Moderators, Motoring & Transport Moderators, Music Moderators Posts: 12,778 Mod ✭✭✭✭Zascar

Wow, cool! Sorry I do not want to drag this thread off topic, but can someone tell me more about these cameras? I've see these type of photos before and always thought they were cool and wondered how they were done etc. Would deffo be interested in buying one to have a play with it - would be great to bring on holidays...

So many cameras to choose from, how do I choose? Is the developing of the film normal or do you have to get it done somewhere special?
    Thanks

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 24,270 ✭✭✭✭Sleepy

Fvck me, they're pricey. They list the Fed3 at about 4 times the price I paid for it on fleabay!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4 Jessie Tuggles

The best iPhone app EVER is Shazam. You know when you are listening to the radio and hear a song but don't know artist. Simply, engage Shazam on your phone and it will tell you song, artist and, natch, let you buy the tune there and then.

Err... nice photos BTW. Courtown?

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 34,809 ✭✭✭✭smash

The best iPhone app EVER is Shazam. You know when you are listening to the radio and hear a song but don't know artist. Simply, engage Shazam on your phone and it will tell you song, artist and, natch, let you buy the tune there and then.
    No use for photography though :D

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,984 ✭✭✭NakedDex

Besides, Soundhound is better.

I got the Lomo Fisheye 2 ages ago and only put one roll through it. Novelty wore off very quickly. I bought a friend of mine a Holga that she used a fair bit, with mixed results before, before going back to her bridge camera.
    I don't know anyone who uses one regularly, everyone just seems to go through a lomo phase now and then.

That said, the 360 degree one and the instax backs for the Diana and LC-A are interesting.

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Arts Moderators, Entertainment Moderators Posts: 9,047 CMod ✭✭✭✭CabanSail

The iPhone has a camera? .... Ohhhh yeah there is a small lens on the back of my new one.

Must try using it :D

I am actually onto my Phone Company right now. This iPhone does a lot but at the moment is not make or receive phone calls or texts.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,000 ✭✭✭spinandscribble

NakedDex wrote: »
    Besides, Soundhound is better.

That said, the 360 degree one and the instax backs for the Diana and LC-A are interesting.

I've a diana (with both backs) and a diana mini and tbh I dont get the colour saturation I see in the pictures they use to promote it. Is that because of the film i'm using, regular 400 colour print kodak film? what should i use?

The majority of those promo images are likely shot with Lomo's own X-Pro film. There's also their Redscale film, which are the ones you see with that heavy amber/red colouration.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,703 ✭✭✭DaireQuinlan

NakedDex wrote: »
    The majority of those promo images are likely shot with Lomo's own X-Pro film. There's also their Redscale film, which are the ones you see with that heavy amber/red colouration.

Bear in mind though that 'lomo' don't actually make any of their own film. They rebrand and re-package other manufacturers film, double the price, and sell it on. The x-pro stuff is either some emulsion from some german manufacturer that's 'tweaked' to look like Agfa, or is some repackaged Agfa aerial film. LSI ain't saying. Dunno what their redscale stuff is, probably superia 100 or something repackaged. Their straight C-41 stuff used to be rebadged superia but they might be using something else now instead.

Yeah I knew it was repackaged, though I didn't know who made the original. They describe the X-Pro as emulsion anyway, so it's not like they've made great lengths to hide it.

Advertisement