Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Developers praised by manager of Cork City

Options
  • 15-07-2010 12:51pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 59 ✭✭

Irish Times article

While I would agree with some of this there is some .........
    * Lapps Quay is nice, ish. Personally I think the buildings are a floor or more too tall. But is it appropriate that the city manager should speak out "against what he felt was the vilification of certain developers" while at the same time "Mr Coughlan is understood to be living abroad :cool: having failed to obey court orders"?

*THe Blackpool centre is a great bonus for the area but the apartment blocks!!! :eek: They look like ugly leftovers from the great residential blocks from East Berlin. Again I think they are far too tall and out of proportion with the area they are located. Are they all occupied?

*"Praising I developers in general, he said they were “very impressive in their skills and ability to organise and construct” "Mr Gavin also defended developers who embarked on projects that ran out of money mid-construction" :confused:
    No need for NAMA at all then!!!!!

In the past I remember Mr Gavin praising another great monstrosity in Cork - the two prison blocks posing as residential and medical facilities at the top of Sth Terrace.

Mr Gavin deserves great praise for the part he has played in making Cork the modern city it is today but I certainly do not subscribe to the thrust of this article, that all development is good development!

D

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 4,864 ✭✭✭MunsterCycling

Would this not be the same guy who ran Galway into the ground? He has led the destruction of Cork as we know it and personally I am glad to be shut of him and his "planning" decisions. More like bown paper bags.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,430 ✭✭✭run_Forrest_run

dodger50 wrote: »
    In the past I remember Mr Gavin praising another great monstrosity in Cork - the two prison blocks posing as residential and medical facilities at the top of Sth Terrace.

D

totally agree, I lived in these white elephants for a few months and they are as bad inside as they are outside, bloody awful things.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,389 ✭✭✭FTGFOP

They're as ugly as sin on the outside all right but what was wrong with them on the inside? Were the walls and floors good enough to keep noise out or were they cardboardy?

See a good number up on daft at the moment, some seem OK.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,114 ✭✭✭corkcomp

what a joke.. the guy cant exacly be impartial..

• Registered Users Posts: 453 ✭✭moceri

EMPEROR'S NEW CLOTHES

• Advertisement
Advertisement