Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Help with speech intro/icebreaker - Meath guests at louth wedding

Options
  • 15-07-2010 1:06pm
    Registered Users Posts: 256 ✭✭

Hi all, i'm due to deliver a speech at the weekend at a wedding recpetion.
    The brides family are from meath and the wedding is in louth.the grooms family are from down but a majority of guests are from louth.
    Obviously i'd like to stick the boot in a little without offending anyone (too much ;) )

I was thinking along the lines of : [FONT=Comic Sans MS, cursive]Good afternoon ladies and Gentlemen,Can everyone hear me ? I'd like to welcome you all, especially those of you from meath, to the home of the TRUE leinster gaa champions!!![/FONT]

[FONT=Comic Sans MS, cursive]Anyone got any other subtle, clean-ish jokes to go along with it?[/FONT]
    [FONT=Comic Sans MS, cursive]
    [/FONT]

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 7,575 ✭✭✭patmac

Something along the lines of carry the bride across the threshold legally don't throw her!

• Registered Users Posts: 256 ✭✭bigdogbarking

patmac wrote: »
    Something along the lines of carry the bride across the threshold legally don't throw her!

hehehe deadly, but i should have said,the bride is from meath.
    But i might work it in somehow.

Keep it coming!

• Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 9,689 Mod ✭✭✭✭stevenmu

I hope you all enjoy this speech, if you don't, there won't be any replays.

• Registered Users Posts: 256 ✭✭bigdogbarking

stevenmu wrote: »
    I hope you all enjoy this speech, if you don't, there won't be any replays.

Definitely using this one :D cheers!!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,082 ✭✭✭daftdave

maybe pretend that the match referee who has been given the freedom of meath is in attendance at the wedding and ask the louth people to give him a kind warm welcome !

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 6,247 ✭✭✭ROCKMAN

At least the bride has up graded ,her last boyfriend was a blind Tyrone man ,loved wearing black ,involved in the GAA somehow......... wonder what happen him.

• Registered Users Posts: 501 ✭✭✭Helmet

I'm glad there was no 'does anyone here present know why this pair should not be wed' bit in the ceremony. The Meath contingent would have had to go off into a room for 3 days to come up with a decision!

• Registered Users Posts: 501 ✭✭✭Helmet

Turn to priest 'did you make sure to check on the communion chalice after the ceremony, these Meath boys might have made off with it'

Advertisement