Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Pick-ups for 3PU Les Paul Edwards

• 15-07-2010 1:12pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,151 ✭✭✭

Hi folks,

I need pick-ups! I've a gorgeous Edwards LP in a rare three pickup configuration.

Its a lovely axe (see vid). So much so that I chose it over a Gibson when I bought it.

In recent times the Seymour Duncans (JBs I believe) went microphonic as the brass covers came loose from their seals. I had the covers removed but the resulting look is not to my taste.

Now I'm finding that the bridge pick-up has become slightly microphonic which is a nuisance to say the least.

It's time to replace the pick-ups. I understand that microphony is part of the tone of pick-ups but I'd love a really well sealed set with brass covers also well sealed with a tolerance for higher gain tones.

I'm not looking for something thats low gain and vintage nor high gain, mid-less and metally. I'd love a set of bare knuckles (Cold Sweats, Emeralds or even the Steve Stevens set) but they are well out of budget.

Has anyone gigged with something else in their Les Paul? Can you help me make this awesome axe back up to spec? Your help and feedback is appreciated!

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,355 ✭✭✭punchdrunk

http://www.bgpickups.com/

america's answer to bareknuckle,lads on harmony central rave about them

very reasonable prices

:)

personally i'd put his humbucker sized P-90 in the middle for some variation

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,151 ✭✭✭Thomas from Presence

That is an excellent idea on the P90. Have you got some of his stuff before?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,355 ✭✭✭punchdrunk

not yet,but i'm planning a set for a guitar i'm building
    just read the reviews of his stuff and it's hard not to be curious!

yeah...I think the P-90 in the middle is a great idea too! :D

Advertisement