Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Recommendations for August bank holiday

Options
  • 15-07-2010 1:31pm
    Registered Users Posts: 792 ✭✭✭

Hi

I am looking for a weekend break Recommendations (not in Dublin) I have 2 kids (4 & 2 years)...

Any advice?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 24,249 ✭✭✭✭Sleepy

Galway's only 2 hours away from Dublin now and you'd be avoiding Race Week quite well...

• Registered Users Posts: 1,761 ✭✭✭bazwaldo

Do you want a hotel room which has you all in it or a room with a separate room for the kids? Do you want a pool or a kids club for the 4yr old? How far are you willing to travel?

• Registered Users Posts: 5,588 ✭✭✭deisemum

Waterford has the Spraoi festival.

• Registered Users Posts: 792 ✭✭✭mmalaka

bazwaldo wrote: »
    Do you want a hotel room which has you all in it or a room with a separate room for the kids? Do you want a pool or a kids club for the 4yr old? How far are you willing to travel?

I am open to recommendations...

My 4 years child love swimming so perhaps a pool is a good idea... still I like to have some activites for the 2 years child, he not into swimming yet:)

• Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 15,721 Mod ✭✭✭✭Tabnabs

Hodson Bay hotel near Athlone. Motorway most of the way there. Family friendly hotel with kids running around and not unwelcome at all. Big pool for kids and adults, free for hotel guests. Lovely lake side location with nice scenery. We went last August Bank Holiday with a 4 month old baby and had a good time.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 295 ✭✭Anthonyk2010

The Skellig Hotel in Dingle is very family friendly. We went there in May with 2 year old and staff were very good with him. There is also a kiddies pool and adult pool. Dingle is a lovely town and lots to do there also. Beach nearby in Ventry. We ate in the Hotel all weekend, was easier than going out but there are also some nice restaurants in town.

Advertisement