If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Denon Warranty

Options
  • 15-07-2010 1:40pm
    Registered Users Posts: 1,698 ✭✭✭

Hi John/Kenny

I was speaking to Matthew over a week ago about my 2309. This time it's definitely acting up.
    You turn it on and after about ten minutes it goes into stand-by mode, turn it back on and it knocks itself off straight away. You can't put it into stand-by on the unit only the remote.
    I have reset the micro processor it still done nothing.Checked all the speakers and cables and still the same.
    I will drop it into the Philips Store and can you have it collected and checked out?

Thanks,

Ronan

Comments

• Company Representative Posts: 9,463 ✭✭✭Richersounds.ie: John

ronaneire wrote: »
    Hi John/Kenny

I was speaking to Matthew over a week ago about my 2309. This time it's definitely acting up.
    You turn it on and after about ten minutes it goes into stand-by mode, turn it back on and it knocks itself off straight away. You can't put it into stand-by on the unit only the remote.
    I have reset the micro processor it still done nothing.Checked all the speakers and cables and still the same.
    I will drop it into the Philips Store and can you have it collected and checked out?

Thanks,

Ronan

Ro,

no problem at all - leave it into the PS & we will get it over to Denon in the UK for you asap & get it checked out for you...

Apologies for the inconvenience - we will get it sorted for you..

ATB,

John Mc & Crew

John McDonald / Managing Director / Richer Sounds Ireland / www.richersounds.ie / johnmc@richersounds.ie

• Registered Users Posts: 1,698 ✭✭✭ronaneire

John,

Thanks for the quick reply :D. That is what Matthew said you would do. I will get it dropped in this evening.

There is no inconvenience at all, these things happen.

Thanks once again,

Ro

John,

Thanks for the quick reply :D. That is what Matthew said you would do. I will get it dropped in this evening.

There is no inconvenience at all, these things happen.

Thanks once again,

Ro

Ro,

No problem - Ash in The Philips Shop has a loaner AVR1509 which he will give you whilst your Beast is away so you are not in 'silent mode'.

Thanks again & keep me posted,

ATB,

John Mc & Crew

John McDonald / Managing Director / Richer Sounds Ireland / www.richersounds.ie / johnmc@richersounds.ie

Ro,

No problem - Ash in The Philips Shop has a loaner AVR1509 which he will give you whilst your Beast is away so you are not in 'silent mode'.

Thanks again & keep me posted,

ATB,

John Mc & Crew

Are you sure John?

Thanks very much, super service once again.

Cheers,

Ro

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,474 ✭✭✭Richersounds.ie: Dave

Hi Ro.

Just a little check that you have been sorted with the loan and yours is now in for a doctor to look at ?

Cheers

Dave

• Advertisement

Hi Ro.

Just a little check that you have been sorted with the loan and yours is now in for a doctor to look at ?

Cheers

Dave

Hey Dave,

I left my one in with Ash last week, I assume it's heading for the doctors at some stage :) Picked up the loan unit, big thanks for that.

Regards,

Ro

Hi John/Dave

Any word back from Denon regarding my little amp? :)

Maybe I am doing something wrong guys but the loan 1509 I collected in the Philips store doesn't output any sound from either the blu ray player or ipod dock. I can get sound out through the tv, which seems strange.
    It will give out sound from the radio and test tone.
    All confused :confused:

Ro

Hi John/Dave

Any word back from Denon regarding my little amp? :)

Maybe I am doing something wrong guys but the loan 1509 I collected in the Philips store doesn't output any sound from either the blu ray player or ipod dock. I can get sound out through the tv, which seems strange.
    It will give out sound from the radio and test tone.
    All confused :confused:

Ro

Ro,

apologies for the delay with this - I'll chase it in the morning & revert tomorrow,

Keep you posted,

ATVB,

John Mc & Crew

Ro,

apologies for the delay with this - I'll chase it in the morning & revert tomorrow,

Keep you posted,

ATVB,

John Mc & Crew

Hey John,

They have you working late again? Mighty boardsies sale going on fair play!
    No panic or a delay, even if I could get the loan unit to output sound I'd be happy :D

Thanks,

Ro

Hey John,

They have you working late again? Mighty boardsies sale going on fair play!
    No panic or a delay, even if I could get the loan unit to output sound I'd be happy :D

Thanks,

Ro

Ronan,

I'm pretty sure that the loaner is ok (but I could be wrong of course - it has to happen some time :p) have you checekd what way the inputs are assigned ie if you swap the ipod dock into the input you have tested for the TV does it work - again I'll get one of the guys to give you a shout to check it out and talk you through the loaner and progress on your own unit,

ATB,

John Mc

• Advertisement

John,

Any update on the 2309? The 1509 loaner unit does not output audio from HDMI? Think this is the reason why I can't get sound from my speakers as my blu ray is transport only :confused:

Cheers Ro

John,

Any update on the 2309? The 1509 loaner unit does not output audio from HDMI? Think this is the reason why I can't get sound from my speakers as my blu ray is transport only :confused:

Cheers Ro

Ro,

apologies for the lack of info - I'll get on the case this morning and revert to you - and yep if your BDP is a transport only that would explain the lack of Audio - either myself or one of the guys will be back to you this morning with AVR2309 news..:o

John Mc & Crew

Ro,
    apologies for the delay getting back to you - we checked with Denon towers yesterday and your receiver was still in surgery - we asked them to call us with an ETA yesterday but (and to be fair to Denon, this is unusual) we did not get a call back - dave is chasing again today & as soon as we get an update we will give you a shout,

Apologies again for keeping you waiting,

ATB,

John Mc & Crew

Hi John,

No problem at all. Hopefully they will get back to you with answer soon. I just have to sit it out :)

Cheers,

Ro

Hi John,

No problem at all. Hopefully they will get back to you with answer soon. I just have to sit it out :)

Cheers,

Ro

Ro,

Further update - I have sent you a PM,

ATb,

John Mc

Hey John & Crew,

Guess what? The unit is still giving me grief.
    I actually only get it set back up the other day, I know how bad :( have been busy the last couple of months.
    Any ideas what to do?
    I was in the process of setting up the speakers and off it went.
    It has turned itself off now on several different occasions, bit of a pain when trying to watch a film

Ro

Anyone in? :o

• Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators, RicherSounds.ie Moderator Posts: 2,505 Mod ✭✭✭✭The Ritz

Ro,

Response times have been a bit sporadic lately, can I suggest that you give the shop a ring rather than have this missed in a thread catch-up ?

Cheers,

Ritz.

Hey Ritz,

Think I will have to.

Thanks

Ro
    The Ritz wrote: »
    Ro,

Response times have been a bit sporadic lately, can I suggest that you give the shop a ring rather than have this missed in a thread catch-up ?

Cheers,

Ritz.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,474 ✭✭✭Richersounds.ie: Dave

Hi Ronan.

I believe you spoke to Matt and he's getting you sorted.

Ritz is right, response times have been a bit sporadic of late and it's something that we are working on so apologies for the delayed response.

If you have any further issues fee free to PM me, or give us a bell.

Cheers

Dave

• Advertisement

Hi Dave,

I did indeed thanks. I will drop it into the Philips Store.

Regards,

Ronan

Leave a Comment

Rich Text Editor. To edit a paragraph's style, hit tab to get to the paragraph menu. From there you will be able to pick one style. Nothing defaults to paragraph. An inline formatting menu will show up when you select text. Hit tab to get into that menu. Some elements, such as rich link embeds, images, loading indicators, and error messages may get inserted into the editor. You may navigate to these using the arrow keys inside of the editor and delete them with the delete or backspace key.