Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

200 new jobs for Letterkenny...

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 46,098 ✭✭✭✭muffler

Its nice to hear good news regarding the county for a change.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,852 ✭✭✭homer simpson

But the thing is are they "new" jobs or recycled jobs, i used to work there and they had a huge staff turnover, but what they would do was do a mass hire once every so often and announce a load of new jobs, i mean they said they employ 380 people currently it was over 500 wen i worked they a good few years ago! maybe im being sceptical but thats what they used to do!

• Registered Users Posts: 14,163 ✭✭✭✭danniemcq

Well as a current worker up here (yes there is someone employed in this county!) they are 200 jobs split between 2 sections 100 in claim processing and 100 in IT support. It’s such a big thing we even had people over from the states to help announce it and had few local TD’s etc in here too so seems to be a big thing all round.

• Registered Users Posts: 162 ✭✭nmg_ire

First batch starting on Monday 26th July :) Finally got work after a year out!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 208 ✭✭Trish2007

Where will these jobs be advertised?

• Advertisement

nmg_ire wrote: »
    First batch starting on Monday 26th July :) Finally got work after a year out!

see you around the canteen!

• Registered Users Posts: 3,078 ✭✭✭salonfire

What can of salary can one expect with these new jobs?

I heard that, for a parent with 2 kids, you'd want > €26000 to make working worthwhile rather than live on benefits.

For someone with kids, as well as dole, there is Family Income Support, medical card, school grants, school transport, etc

• Closed Accounts Posts: 208 ✭✭Trish2007

salonfire wrote: »
    What can of salary can one expect with these new jobs?

I heard that, for a parent with 2 kids, you'd want > €26000 to make working worthwhile rather than live on benefits.

For someone with kids, as well as dole, there is Family Income Support, medical card, school grants, school transport, etc

I dont know what they pay but even if it is minimum wage you would be better off than on the dole.
    You dont get FIS if your on the dole, but you will get it if you are working and getting minimum wage.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,078 ✭✭✭salonfire

Trish2007 wrote: »
    I dont know what they pay but even if it is minimum wage you would be better off than on the dole.
    You dont get FIS if your on the dole, but you will get it if you are working and getting minimum wage.

Thats just it though, (many) people think that those with kids are better off to stay on benefits rather than work.

Now, I do not know the ins-and-outs of it all, so I may be totally wrong.

As someone said above, the place does have a high turnover of staff, and there must be a reason for this though. Maybe its 'filler' type roles, where people stay for a few years, before moving on.

In saying all that, it is great news for the town, with hopefully more on the way!

Sita and Pramerica seem to be recruiting as well

salonfire wrote: »
    Thats just it though, (many) people think that those with kids are better off to stay on benefits rather than work.

Now, I do not know the ins-and-outs of it all, so I may be totally wrong.

As someone said above, the place does have a high turnover of staff, and there must be a reason for this though. Maybe its 'filler' type roles, where people stay for a few years, before moving on.

In saying all that, it is great news for the town, with hopefully more on the way!

Sita and Pramerica seem to be recruiting as well

Well there must be a reason for people to work with kids as there is a large number of staff up here with children. I'm not exactly sure what the pay will be for the new jobs as I am employed in a different role up here so it would be unfair for me to make assumptions.

And to say that this place has a high turnover it's no worse than anywhere else i'd say. what would the staff turnover in Dunnes or Tesco be? I know some people leave because the job doesn't suit them and they realise that during training but since i started here over a year ago now i've known of maybe 3 people that have left. I don't know if its the fact that people are holding on to any job they can get now but as pointed out with benifits so high there must be a reason to stay!

• Advertisement

Trish2007 wrote: »
    Where will these jobs be advertised?

I don't know i seen some people coming and going for interviews over last few weeks but i'd say best thing is to just drop in a CV to reception ASAP because i'd say after this annnouncement there will be a flood of people applying

• Registered Users Posts: 6,943 ✭✭✭Cherry Blossom

Hi there, I have a 2nd interview now sometime in the next few days, is there anyone who has been through this that can give me some pointers in what to expect?

What area are you going for up here?

Second round interviews are i think near enough the end of the process, and if anyone didn’t get the second interview or if they don’t get any further they do keep all CV’s etc on record for future reference. (its how I got my job here)

danniemcq wrote: »
    What area are you going for up here?

It's claims processor, apparantly will be joining the last batch that came in after training. The interview is tomorrow lunchtime.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,028 ✭✭✭Firblog

Best of luck to all going for interviews or applying for these jobs, hope you all get taken on...

Adrenalinjunkie, my OH done her second interview there this afternoon, its was a quick in and out job 3 or 4 question's just over 5 minutes, its the same for everyone too (know a someone else who done it today too).

Its 50 / 50 now if you get in this time or get put on the panel for the next batch of applicants or get the job this time round, good luck ;)

• Registered Users Posts: 162 ✭✭nmg_ire

Hi there, I have a 2nd interview now sometime in the next few days, is there anyone who has been through this that can give me some pointers in what to expect?

The 2nd interview is really quick, they just ask what u thought of the orientation as far as i remember and any final questions you have about the job. All the best.

Its 50 / 50 now if you get in this time or get put on the panel for the next batch of applicants or get the job this time round, good luck ;)
    nmg_ire wrote: »
    The 2nd interview is really quick, they just ask what u thought of the orientation as far as i remember and any final questions you have about the job. All the best.

Thanks lads, things are fairly tough going at the minute. I'm at the stage now where I'm thinking of changing my dog's name to Job. If I stand outside long enough shouting it maybe one will come to me :P

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,103 ✭✭✭North_West_Art

its 'ruff' out there alright (all jokes aside, I wish you the very best :)

Thanks lads, things are fairly tough going at the minute. I'm at the stage now where I'm thinking of changing my dog's name to Job. If I stand outside long enough shouting it maybe one will come to me :P

Hope to see you in the canteen soon enough!

not as much as i'm hoping to see Homers woman up here =D

• Advertisement

Referee required for the next beers night :D

muffler wrote: »

Can it be her?

OR

i can take my GF and we could have a cat fight? We may have to tell them that the other one said her top/hair/shoes/ is/are horrible but its a small price to pay

i'll referee

Hope to see you in the canteen soon enough!

Shes not got the job yet but fingers crossed!
    No ref required, unlesss........
    Can it be her?

OR

i can take my GF and we could have a cat fight? We may have to tell them that the other one said her top/hair/shoes/ is/are horrible but its a small price to pay

i'll referee

I've told sinead you said she had rotten hair!!! She says your a dead man... i'd be worried if i was you, so muffler i'll be the referee! :p

Well I'm back now, not too sure how it went, they seemed to just want feedback on the application process mainly. Think I should have asked them a load of questions but anything I would normally ask had been answered already. Just have to sit tight and wait now so. The guy before me didn't turn up so maybe that's one less applicant to compete with :p

I have an idea as to who one of the people doing the interviews is. Sent the ba#@^*~ a text earlier and he never replied so I assume he's tied up with something

I have an idea as to who one of the people doing the interviews is. Sent the ba#@^*~ a text earlier and he never replied so I assume he's tied up with something

if you are talking about who i think you are talking about he's probably out getting tea/chatting to someone/hiding pretty much anything that involves him being away from his desk and work.

if you are talking about who i think you are talking about he's probably out getting tea/chatting to someone/hiding pretty much anything that involves him being away from his desk and work.
    That sounds like him alright :D

• Registered Users Posts: 75 ✭✭IsItJustMeOr...

Well I'm back now, not too sure how it went, they seemed to just want feedback on the application process mainly. Think I should have asked them a load of questions but anything I would normally ask had been answered already. Just have to sit tight and wait now so. The guy before me didn't turn up so maybe that's one less applicant to compete with :p

All the very best to you adrenalinjunkie. Sounds like you deserve a break!
    No puppy should be called Job :-)

Best of luck to you!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3 OneSugarPlease

Hey, just wondering if anyone heard anything back yet? I know it's only tue yet so I'm trying to be patient :)

• Advertisement

Hey, just wondering if anyone heard anything back yet? I know it's only tue yet so I'm trying to be patient :)

No, haven't heard anything but please let us know when you do ;)

Advertisement