Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

200 new jobs for Letterkenny...

Options

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3 OneSugarPlease

Got the job!!!
    Heard about an hour ago :):):)
    Best of luck to the rest of ye waiting!

• Registered Users Posts: 14,163 ✭✭✭✭danniemcq

great news!!! guess i'll see you round the canteen!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3 OneSugarPlease

Yea but I'll be avoiding you ;)
    Did you enjoy the staff night out? :-p

• Registered Users Posts: 162 ✭✭nmg_ire

Congrats on getting the job, Get ready for a good few weeks in training, it can be a bit tedious but when you get out onto the floor its alot, lot better :D

• Registered Users Posts: 6,943 ✭✭✭Cherry Blossom

Heard about an hour ago :):):)

Congrats! I'll be worried now if I don't hear by tomorrow!

• Advertisement

Yea but I'll be avoiding you ;)
    Did you enjoy the staff night out? :-p

now i'm scared...

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,852 ✭✭✭homer simpson

My OH got an e-mail today saying she was unsucessfull :(

It said that other people had better qualifications than her, considering she had an honours degree in accountancy the others must be rocket scientists :rolleyes:

It said that other people had better qualifications than her, considering she had an honours degree in accountancy the others must be rocket scientists :rolleyes:

Sorry to hear that, anyone I spoke to there all seemed to be graduates :eek:. Although the group before me at orientation generally appeared a little young to be graduates. Accounting and IT background myself, rang every accountants office in Donegal and Derry enquiring about Training contracts, none taking trainees on!! Theres a load of qualified chartered accountants applying for minor book-keeping roles and everything else I'm getting feedback that I'm over-qualified, you can't win :rolleyes:

Still waiting to hear back myself tap, tap, tap :p

<ETA> Appologies for the off-topic rant!

/looks around

nope

/looks at himself

far from it!

maybe the accounts are different though

i said it before though if you weren't accepted now they'll have you on file... in a filing cabinet

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,852 ✭✭✭homer simpson

danniemcq wrote: »
    /looks around

nope

/looks at himself

far from it!

maybe the accounts are different though

i said it before though if you weren't accepted now they'll have you on file... in a filing cabinet

Nope i don't mean the people already in there i used to work in there sure, lol.

I meant the current crop of applicants, my OH's mother works in there too, she was talking to someone in HR and was told no holding files ect, just to reapply the next time.....

• Advertisement

Nope i don't mean the people already in there i used to work in there sure, lol.

I meant the current crop of applicants, my OH's mother works in there too, she was talking to someone in HR and was told no holding files ect, just to reapply the next time.....

Seems to be a difference of opinion, I was told anyone who got to this stage (second interview) with the exception of a few they might decide just wern't the right fit would automatically be considered next time without doing interviews and assessments over again.

Just heard back today, been placed on a shortlist for the next batch starting.

<ETA> As in not this batch :P

• Registered Users Posts: 10 Leaving2010

Hi can anyone tell me what the salary is for the claims processors job in this compnay is and if they are still recruiting ? Any info would be greatly appreciated.

• Registered Users Posts: 241 ✭✭sandt

Sorry to bump an old thread.

Im just wondering if this company are still recruiting?
    Ill be finished college in a few weeks and a guy in the class was saying that they were hiring in the IT support roles. anyone know about this?

cant find anything online apart from the announcements last summer, so i would have presumed all those positions would have benn filled by now.

sandt wrote: »
    Sorry to bump an old thread.

Im just wondering if this company are still recruiting?
    Ill be finished college in a few weeks and a guy in the class was saying that they were hiring in the IT support roles. anyone know about this?

cant find anything online apart from the announcements last summer, so i would have presumed all those positions would have benn filled by now.

drop in your CV anyway, you have nothing to lose and they'll always have you on file then too

• Registered Users Posts: 2,610 ✭✭✭channelsurfer2

just checking to see if there are vacancies coming up? also what is the starting salary? I heard it is 8.65 an hour????

No idea if any vacancies coming up but never any harm dropping in a CV, a place as big as this is now you'll nearly always have someone leaving for whatever reason (although maybe not so much these days)

Not sure about starting wage but i do think its better than that.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 235 ✭✭The Outside Agency

just checking to see if there are vacancies coming up? also what is the starting salary? I heard it is 8.65 an hour????

there's a list of job vacancies on UHG site.

http://careers.unitedhealthgroup.com/

• Closed Accounts Posts: 580 ✭✭✭IPushButtons

This is so good for Letterkenny and should create some employment in spin off industries and in the services industry.

• Registered Users Posts: 305 ✭✭Talula_d

Anyone do the onsite aptitude test? I have one tomorrow at 12,just wondering what to expect!

• Advertisement

Talula_d wrote: »
    Anyone do the onsite aptitude test? I have one tomorrow at 12,just wondering what to expect!

general multiple choice answers nothing wile hard, loads of odd questions though but if they let me in... then you should be grand

• Registered Users Posts: 46,098 ✭✭✭✭muffler

danniemcq wrote: »
    but if they let me in... then you should be grand
    QFT :D

When you say odd..what's an example of an odd question?
    Also,much math? The lady who rang me said to bring a calculator.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 724 ✭✭✭Flibbles

Kills me that this is the second time I've applied for a job there, and all I've seen is people going for the aptitude test and nothing for me :( Wife even works in there (been off though so no referral).

got an interview!
    Any advice for that folks??

learn as much as you can about the company,

and always ask a question at the end

Talula_d wrote: »
    Any advice for that folks??

Look up competency based interview questions and prepare a load of answers in advance, they'll ask you questions designed to find out about your morals and work ethics, how you deal with confidential information, how trust worthy you are and such like. (IIRC :rolleyes:)

• Registered Users Posts: 2,610 ✭✭✭channelsurfer2

not a bad company to work for from what i hear..wages arent great to start off with but other than that they seem to be good provided you can get into the mould of the american way.. hard work and lots of attention to detail needed as any mistakes cost them money.

• Registered Users Posts: 113 ✭✭grugni

Good Luck with the interviews folks

I work there myself in the IT support section, it is nice friendly environment to work in. It does get mad busy at times but thats like any job.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 30 High Hopes

Hi Guys

I applied for a job there via their internet job site! I submitted all information, however, when I went back to check my job status it said that the job is now inactive and no long taking applicants. But I got an email saying that they had received my application, and that its under review?! I'm confused. hopefully I am still in with a chance

Advertisement