Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Students abused by scum.

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9,273 ✭✭✭Morlar

carlop wrote: »
    As annoying as they can be, I teach in a language school .. . . .. . , I'm willing to be slightly discomforted on the footpath for that kind of boost to the economy.

Why not teach them how our footpaths work ?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,381 ✭✭✭fakearms123

you're right, scum is everywhere, but nowhere that i have ever been has the sheer amount of it as dublin city, it gets worse everytime i go into the city, which i can't really avoid because of work. The place is full of it, junkies hassling you for change, stumbling around in a drug fuelled haze, and even fighting with each other as i witness on many occasions. Really brings the tone of the place down

+1

I agree with this, for such a small city the magnitude of scumbags is unreal!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,432 ✭✭✭df1985

those spanish students are cheeky little ****s.

last week i seen THEM start on a group of 5 lads here in leixlip. spain had qualified for the final, they were shouting at everyone. the 5 lads were walking past getting shouted at when one clipped him accross the head and they all laughed. they got a hiding then from the 5 lads though! good enough for them.

last yr too was getting the train to croke park, the trains do be packed, got on at leixlip and all the spanish were sitting on the floor and wouldnt get up when asked. it took a few of us to get very aggressive and threatening with them until they were scared into getting up. we came off looking like the bad guys too......feckers!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,611 ✭✭✭carlop

Morlar wrote: »
    Why not teach them how our footpaths work ?

Because it's not my job and I'm not paid to. If AH wants to start a whip round...

I don't actually think they're any different to a group of Irish kids the same age abroad. Take 40 Irish 14 year-olds and plonk them in Spain and they wouldn't be too different, a bit quieter maybe but that's about it.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 22,048 ✭✭✭✭Snowie

storm2811 wrote: »
    There's scumbags everywhere,not much we can do but ignore them and keep giving them suspended sentences...

I think they should be put to work on the roads prison officers carry guns, and they should sleep in straw filled matriess with rats, i don't honestly beleave they have the right to exist I cant stand scum in this country....

There jackels tearing a big hole in what is a beautiful city (big town)

Rights ? how does a human have rioghts when they beheave like the way Ive had to observe :rolleyes:

• Advertisement

Because it's not my job and I'm not paid to.

In all seriousness if every spanish student visiting Ireland for the summer had a quick orientation class or even a flyer or piece of literature to help them integrate more smoothly for the duration of their time here it could either avoid or reduce friction to begin with - is that such a wacky idea ?

It may not be your job but it would not hurt for language schools to take that small step considering the profits being made and the fact that you are one of their main points of contact with Irish society.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,001 ✭✭✭recylingbin

I think they should be put to work on the roads prison officers carry guns, and they should sleep in straw filled matriess with rats, i don't honestly beleave they have the right to exist I cant stand scum in this country....

There jackels tearing a big hole in what is a beautiful city (big town):
    Enough bashing of the collar-up brigade ffs.
    This is a thread about junkies racially abusing the spicks.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,865 ✭✭✭Greyfox

If tougher measures were the miracle solution people think they are then do you not think they'd be in force already?

Their is no tough measures in place, what's the point of the guards arresting scumbags when they know judges are almost always going to be incredibly lenient on them. It's a disgrace that theirs not a lot more Guards patrolling town but sure what would be the point when judges keep going easy on scumbags. The problem with Dublin is the justice system does not want to properly punish scumbags, sure they think they all come from bad backrounds and don't know any better

• Registered Users Posts: 1,511 ✭✭✭saywhatyousee

dublin is not that bad tbf
    i am in dublin about 3 times a month
    the worst thing that happened me in dublin
    is getting asked for change

• Closed Accounts Posts: 22,048 ✭✭✭✭Snowie

Enough bashing of the collar-up brigade ffs.
    This is a thread about junkies racially abusing the spicks.

pull them jizz in there face :D

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 9,183 ✭✭✭dvpower

put them all in adamstown and dismantle the luas red line. then take their crisps and slag their mas

[...]

just dont go north side

Isn't Adamstown on the south side (along with most of the stops on the Red line)?

• Moderators, Regional North East Moderators Posts: 12,739 Mod ✭✭✭✭cournioni

I had a glass thrown at me by some Spanish scumbags in Almeria when me and two of my mates were walking to a restaurant... It doesn't only happen in Ireland.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,942 ✭✭✭topper75

Those students are annoying as ****. Is it a rule in Spain that everyone has to talk over each other all at once and in the loudest voice possible?

Ah, but you didn't have to go and throw the can, did you?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 542 ✭✭✭cleremy jarkson

I don't look anybody in the eye when I'm walking about the centre of Dublin. Too many filthy scumbags ready to start a fight. It's a pity because they're ruining the city for everybody.

In all seriousness if every spanish student visiting Ireland for the summer had a quick orientation class or even a flyer or piece of literature to help them integrate more smoothly for the duration of their time here it could either avoid or reduce friction to begin with - is that such a wacky idea ?

It may not be your job but it would not hurt for language schools to take that small step considering the profits being made and the fact that you are one of their main points of contact with Irish society.

Yeah it's a good idea, and schools will tell them a few dos and don'ts but the problem is that 40 kids abroad together, quite possibly for the first time, get excited and get carried away.

Another problem is that often a group will come over with a teacher from their school, but the teacher treats it as a holiday and doesn't help control the kids. Therefore the kids feel like they have a free reign to do what they want. When I take a group on tour, I'll be the one telling them to clear a footpath or keep the noise down in a museum, but they will pay more heed if it comes from their teacher, who too often is off doing their own thing.

What do you think they should be told in an orientation class? I'd have no problem telling a class a couple of pointers.

Anyway I never denied that they're annoying, I initially posted in this thread because I felt people might not actually realise how much money these groups bring into the country. If we treat them like sh1t, they'll stop coming. Already there are some areas where my school had to stop housing students because they were being attacked by local scum.

Morkarleth wrote: »
    "PC gone mad!!!!!!" has become the calling-card of those too stupid to think beyond what the red-tops tell them.

So how would the Irish Times cover this issue?

Thats's right - they wouldn't. Too busy seeing that there is hot water in centres housing chancer migrants and checking what's up Rachel Allen's bumhole. The REAL issues in Irish life.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,417 ✭✭✭reprazant

topper75 wrote: »

Thats's right - they wouldn't. Too busy seeing that there is hot water in centres housing chancer migrants and checking what's up Rachel Allen's bumhole. The REAL issues in Irish life.

Completely true.

Anyone not advocating killing people is a PC fascist.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,000 ✭✭✭conorhal

If you go over to Tripadvisor and read reviews of Dublin city by visitors, a significant number of reviews mention beggars and general scumbaggery on the streets and it gives a very negative impression if the town (price is the second big negative mentioned, but that's for another thread)

The fact of the matter is that it wouldn't take all that much to address either, a garda presence that didn't sit on it's far arse waiting for the next shift to arrive would do it. Unfortunately there seems to be no willingness to do anything about the problem, which is why the chavs feel like they can behave as badly as they like with absolute impunity.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,078 ✭✭✭onemorechance

Carlos_Ray wrote: »
    1 fat beast of a heroin pin cushion.

:D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9,183 ✭✭✭dvpower

What time does that programme air?

• Advertisement

Yeah it's a good idea, and schools will tell them a few dos and don'ts but the problem is that 40 kids abroad together, quite possibly for the first time, get excited and get carried away.

Another problem is that often a group will come over with a teacher from their school, but the teacher treats it as a holiday and doesn't help control the kids. Therefore the kids feel like they have a free reign to do what they want. When I take a group on tour, I'll be the one telling them to clear a footpath or keep the noise down in a museum, but they will pay more heed if it comes from their teacher, who too often is off doing their own thing.

What do you think they should be told in an orientation class? I'd have no problem telling a class a couple of pointers.

Anyway I never denied that they're annoying, I initially posted in this thread because I felt people might not actually realise how much money these groups bring into the country. If we treat them like sh1t, they'll stop coming. Already there are some areas where my school had to stop housing students because they were being attacked by local scum.

To be honest the only 2 I can think of are

a)
    volume in public places and
    b)
    how they treat public spaces (ie footpaths or as someone else mentioned by sitting on the floor of a train).

Those are the only 2 areas that would bug me. Thing is they have been coming here for at least 20 yrs so you would think this would be sorted by now.

Other things that might tick off some people would be groups of spanish students sitting over a single drink in a bar but that is not one that ever affects me personally and you could probably say it's a cultural difference anyway.

From what you are saying there it might be an idea to put some of these down on paper and send them to the teacher in advance of the trip for them to pass them to their students.

Ideally it's probably the kind of thing that the language schools - plural could forumulate together based on their collective experiences - they should probably include things such as areas to avoid and this would probably be of use to the students safety in their leisure time too.

I agree of course - as 99% of other people do that verbally assaulting or intimidating them by throwing cans of beer etc is totally out of order.

If it were up to me people doing that would get a spell in prison (and I don't mean suspended prison I mean real prison).

dvpower wrote: »
    What time does that programme air?

If it's not in the Saturday magazine yoke this week, then definitely the week after.

From reading it, I learned that if you want something done about criminals, you are probably a moronic yokel and should start drinking fine wines and donating to amnesty instead.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,401 ✭✭✭Royal Irish

They seem to be drawn to Spar shops so we could slowly close down Spar shops in the city centre and re-open them gradually further away until they are in Dun laoghaire boarding a Stenaline to England. I think Castro done something similar over in Cuba.

If it's not in the Saturday magazine yoke this week, then definitely the week after.

From reading it, I learned that if you want something done about criminals, you are probably a moronic yokel and should start drinking fine wines and donating to amnesty instead.

Yay for reading a lifestyle & culture magazine to decide what to do about crime and anti-social behaviour in Dublin!

Also good places to learn what to do are Night & Day in the Indo, The Culture magazine in the Sunday Times, the tv magaize in the News of the World and property section of the Sunday Tribune.

• Registered Users Posts: 419 ✭✭Gary4279

bonerm wrote: »
    I was thinking we could put a sniper on top of the spire who has the legal right to shoot any person within 1000 yards of his position that falls under all of the following parameters:

1) wearing a tracksuit
    2) standing in place for more than 2minutes
    3) holding a bottle of fanta.

****e, I wait for my bus on O'connell Street :(

To be honest the only 2 I can think of are

a)
    volume in public places and
    b)
    how they treat public spaces (ie footpaths or as someone else mentioned by sitting on the floor of a train).

Those are the only 2 areas that would bug me. Thing is they have been coming here for at least 20 yrs so you would think this would be sorted by now.

Other things that might tick off some people would be groups of spanish students sitting over a single drink in a bar but that is not one that ever affects me personally and you could probably say it's a cultural difference anyway.

From what you are saying there it might be an idea to put some of these down on paper and send them to the teacher in advance of the trip for them to pass them to their students.

Ideally it's probably the kind of thing that the language schools - plural could forumulate together based on their collective experiences - they should probably include things such as areas to avoid and this would probably be of use to the students safety in their leisure time too.

I agree of course - as 99% of other people do that verbally assaulting or intimidating them by throwing cans of beer etc is totally out of order.

If it were up to me people doing that would get a spell in prison (and I don't mean suspended prison I mean real prison).

I'd agree that both of those things could be addressed, and if I'm out on a tour with a group I'll shush them if they're being excessively loud or get them to move if they're blocking space, but there are problems with both.

Firstly, Spanish, and indeed Italians, are louder by their very nature. You notice it walking around in either country that everybody talks very loudly and animatedly. Students coming over may be either incapable of breaking a habit they've formed over their entire life, basically yapping away at the top of their voice, or may simply refuse to do it as they don't accept that it is a problem.

The second problem I think stems from the sheer numbers of them that travel. It's very hard for a big group of kids not to take up a lot of space. This is probably partly down to greed on behalf of the schools. Ultimately the schools care only about profit, and this means bringing over as many kids as possible.

Maybe schools should only be allowed send out groups of a max of 20 at a time? As it is, I've had to bring 50 kids on a tour around Dublin, which already as a city is quite neglectful of pedestrians IMO, and it is simply too many people to move around.

Walking down Nassau Street at rush hour passing all the busy bus stops with 50 hyperactive teenagers is unfair on the general public, as they have to negotiate a way past a pack of walking vuvuzelas, unfair on the guide and unfair on the kids.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,595 ✭✭✭bonerm

Gary4279 wrote: »
    ****e, I wait for my bus on O'connell Street :(

Whilst wearing a tracksuit and holding a bottle of fanta? You have to be doing all before before you get your brains splattered all over the footpath outside the Savoy.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 47 themucaro

reprazant wrote: »
    Agreed.

I wonder have these people actually left Dublin before.

Last time I was in Rome, my friend got his wallet & camera robbed, when in Barcelona two of my friends got wallets, cameras, watches and one got his runner robbed while on the metro, in Madrid a protest turned into a full scale riot between the knackers from the suburbs & the cops; In San Francisco, I saw one person getting shot and another getting stabbed my a midget, also junkies everywhere.

Nothing like that has ever happened to me in Dublin.

Lies. Everyone knows midgets aren't violent.

themucaro wrote: »
    Lies. Everyone knows midgets aren't violent.

No, true story.

It was about 2 in the morning on the corner of Market & Sixth and there was a huge crowd watching something. Went to have a look and it was a fat man getting bashed by a midget with an umbrella. Everyone was laughing. The guy beside me made a comment about normally having to pay for this sort of stuff. Very surreal. Then the fat guy got the umbrella of the midget and started to hit him. So the midget stabbed him. Everyone stopped laughing and ran.

• Advertisement
  • Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 1,556 ✭✭✭Deus Ex Machina

Carlos_Ray wrote: »
    I was in Dublin city today and encountered a large group of Spanish students. We are all accustomed to them coming over every summer to learn English. They are a major boost to our economy (especially in the current climate) and from my experience they are generally good mannered and far better behaved them their Irish counterparts when abroad.

Anyway, the students were just wondering down the road chatting and laughing. They weren't bothering anybody.

As they walked on to O'Connell street , a group of about 5 sweaty pale faced tracksuit wearing junkie scum crawled out of a side street and started shouting abuse at them. 4 men in their late twenties and 1 fat beast of a heroin pin cushion. They used foul language, and one even threw a can at the frightened students. The beast woman even started on a young Spanish girl who was no older than 13!!!

A Gard who observed the situation simply told the scum to move on! It got me thinking about the scum infestation in out city and how they are basically ruining it , not only for Irish people, but for tourists who are pumping money into our economy.

In order to protect our much needed tourist income we need to clean up our streets and eradicate the scum that control it. You can't even use the liffey boardwalk on a summers day because its taken over by junkies and scum bags drinking cans and causing trouble.

If it was up to me I'd exterminate them as part of a Government process of national cleansing. Of course everybody is too politically correct here to entertain this idea, so I'm interested in hearing other solutions. How can we clean up Dublin and make it a desirable destination?

I don’t know if it's feasible to suggest that we initiate a “final solution” against the entirety of the filthy and scaly demographic. I do think, however, that it would be a good idea if the laws surrounding the killing and injuring of such people were to be sufficiently relaxed for the protagonist in the following little story to go unpunished.

One day I was on the DART. I had my iPod turned up to maximum volume in a vain attempt to blank out the skirls and snarls of the scaly scum in the adjacent set of seats. They were shuddering, and stumbling, both over each other and their words. Their drooping folds of mottled, malodorous skin and yellowed, crooked teeth were so disgusting that I allowed myself only an occasional glance in their direction and only for the purpose of ensuring that they were not about to hurl an AIDS ridden syringe in my direction.

A few stops later we arrived at Sydney Parade station, and a couple of stand up gentle men wearing Leinster rugby jerseys, chinos, Dubarry shoes and with blonde highlights in their hair entered the carriage. They shot a few contemptuous glances at the scaly individuals to my right, and decided to stand rather than sit near them. They were in the middle of a conversation when all of sudden the scaliests, pink skinned, bloodshot, tattoo emblazoned members of the scaly group, wearing a Celtic jersey so tight that every shivering contour of his bloated torso was accentuated for all to see, got up.

He scuttled up towards the tallest member of the Leinster jersey wearing folks and tapped one of them on the shoulder. He looked around with utter contempt in his eyes.“What the fu%k do you want, Pal?” He said, pushing the scaly scummer away and spitting in his face. The scaly scum bucket recoiled a few seconds later, his reactions most likely dulled by a combination of hard cider and heroin.
    “S-ss-s-sorry bud.....I was just...askin if you have a li?” His words rolled around his mouth like slime, and poured from his lips like raw sewage from a broken sewer. The Leinster jersey wearing fellow, laughed to his friends and slapped the scummer in the face, removing a couple of scales in the process.
    "You, loike, totally just made the biggest mistake of your life, Pal!” He snorted, as he pulled a screwdriver from the pocket of his chinos. He grabbed the scaly fellow by the shoulder and stabbed him in the face about forty times. Scales, blood and heroin flew everywhere. The scummer eventually fell to the floor, dead.

"That’s what you get for messing with me” Said the Leinster jersey wearing chap, as he turned to be high fived by his friends, before turning back to kick the scaly corpse at his feet a few times. The DART stopped and the scalies ran scared.

"Yeah, you better run” Said another of the Leinster party, with a plump belly and a pair of aviators, shaking his chubby fist in their direction.
    To my horror he was picked up by the police at the next station, and I later found out he got ten hours community service, an injustice the like of which I have never seen....

Advertisement