Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Students abused by scum.

Options

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,831 ✭✭✭genericguy

just dont go north side

yeah definitely don't go northside. pfft! :rolleyes:

you'd never get any of that carry on on the southside. you especially wouldn't get kicked to death by a gang of payschool ponces because you had a different accent.... oh, wait...

• Registered Users Posts: 419 ✭✭Gary4279

bonerm wrote: »
    Whilst wearing a tracksuit and holding a bottle of fanta? You have to be doing all before before you get your brains splattered all over the footpath outside the Savoy.

ahh i see.... i'll wear an armani tux and drink cognac just to be safe

conorhal wrote: »
    The fact of the matter is that it wouldn't take all that much to address either, a garda presence that didn't sit on it's far arse waiting for the next shift to arrive would do it. ]

Hey show some respect . The guards have their hands full catching people going to work in bus lanes and keeping the peace at Jedwards concerts.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,941 ✭✭✭caseyann

RobBaxter wrote: »
    Ya if there was a button to kill those scumbags/knackers I would have no hesitation pressing it a million times

You should blame the parents.They are the ones who bring the kids up like that,and for some can be from peer pressure transcending onto them.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,470 ✭✭✭DonJose

Carlos_Ray wrote: »
    As they walked on to O'Connell street , a group of about 5 sweaty pale faced tracksuit wearing junkie scum crawled out of a side street and started shouting abuse at them. 4 men in their late twenties and 1 fat beast of a heroin pin cushion.

Jaysus how I miss the contaminated heroin that was doing the rounds in Dublin a couple years ago!!!

http://www.tribune.ie/news/home-news/article/2008/nov/30/garda-alert-over-contaminated-heroin-as-six-addict/

• Advertisement
  • Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 6,488 ✭✭✭Denerick

I agree we need a solution to the scum problem. A final solution, if you will.

HEIL HITLER

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,941 ✭✭✭caseyann

Denerick wrote: »
    I agree we need a solution to the scum problem. A final solution, if you will.

HEIL HITLER

Forced parenting social skills to the obviously negligent.

caseyann wrote: »
    Forced parenting social skills to the obviously negligent.

That solution is reformist drivel.

Like I said we need a final solution.

Like I also said, HEIL HITLER

• Registered Users Posts: 1,618 ✭✭✭Ideo

I don’t know if it's feasible to suggest that we initiate a “final solution” against the entirety of the filthy and scaly demographic. I do think, however, that it would be a good idea if the laws surrounding the killing and injuring of such people were to be sufficiently relaxed for the protagonist in the following little story to go unpunished.

One day I was on the DART. I had my iPod turned up to maximum volume in a vain attempt to blank out the skirls and snarls of the scaly scum in the adjacent set of seats. They were shuddering, and stumbling, both over each other and their words. Their drooping folds of mottled, malodorous skin and yellowed, crooked teeth were so disgusting that I allowed myself only an occasional glance in their direction and only for the purpose of ensuring that they were not about to hurl an AIDS ridden syringe in my direction.

A few stops later we arrived at Sydney Parade station, and a couple of stand up gentle men wearing Leinster rugby jerseys, chinos, Dubarry shoes and with blonde highlights in their hair entered the carriage. They shot a few contemptuous glances at the scaly individuals to my right, and decided to stand rather than sit near them. They were in the middle of a conversation when all of sudden the scaliests, pink skinned, bloodshot, tattoo emblazoned members of the scaly group, wearing a Celtic jersey so tight that every shivering contour of his bloated torso was accentuated for all to see, got up.

He scuttled up towards the tallest member of the Leinster jersey wearing folks and tapped one of them on the shoulder. He looked around with utter contempt in his eyes.“What the fu%k do you want, Pal?” He said, pushing the scaly scummer away and spitting in his face. The scaly scum bucket recoiled a few seconds later, his reactions most likely dulled by a combination of hard cider and heroin.
    “S-ss-s-sorry bud.....I was just...askin if you have a li?” His words rolled around his mouth like slime, and poured from his lips like raw sewage from a broken sewer. The Leinster jersey wearing fellow, laughed to his friends and slapped the scummer in the face, removing a couple of scales in the process.
    "You, loike, totally just made the biggest mistake of your life, Pal!” He snorted, as he pulled a screwdriver from the pocket of his chinos. He grabbed the scaly fellow by the shoulder and stabbed him in the face about forty times. Scales, blood and heroin flew everywhere. The scummer eventually fell to the floor, dead.

"That’s what you get for messing with me” Said the Leinster jersey wearing chap, as he turned to be high fived by his friends, before turning back to kick the scaly corpse at his feet a few times. The DART stopped and the scalies ran scared.

"Yeah, you better run” Said another of the Leinster party, with a plump belly and a pair of aviators, shaking his chubby fist in their direction.
    To my horror he was picked up by the police at the next station, and I later found out he got ten hours community service, an injustice the like of which I have never seen....

Can't wait for the 2nd chapter, riveting stuff!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,199 ✭✭✭twinQuins

topper75 wrote: »
    So how would the Irish Times cover this issue?

I wouldn't know as I don't read the IT. Is that the best you can come up with?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,976 ✭✭✭Brendog

just dont go north side

well enjoy your long drive to shannon airport to leave the country

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 1,556 ✭✭✭Deus Ex Machina

Ideo wrote: »
    Can't wait for the 2nd chapter, riveting stuff!

Well I can't really help you there, I suppose the funeral could count as a second chapter of sorts- the same guy turned up in his Leinster jersey and threw a petrol bomb into the open casket in front of the weeping mother, before making a quick exit in his father's S Class.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9,273 ✭✭✭Morlar

Well I can't really help you there, I suppose the funeral could count as a second chapter of sorts- the same guy turned up in his Leinster jersey and threw a petrol bomb into the open casket in front of the weeping mother, before making a quick exit in his father's S Class.

Is this trent's more well to do brother were talking about here ?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 53 ✭✭Horndawg

I was basically referring to the general views on this site. If you say, Dublin is a kip ( Which it is, and I am from there), people will no doubt say ," you get scum everywhere" just so they seem balanced and fair. However, I grew up in many different countries ( due to my fathers job) and without a doubt, Dublin has the highest level of scum for a small western capital city.

True every City has scum, but come on, they basically patrol our main streets with impunity, drinking, drug taking , and abusing people. Its a disgrace.

I agree. While in any city there will always be a certain amount of dodgy scumbag types, for a small city, Dublin seems to have a disproportionate amount. I live in the city centre and it's impossible to walk to the shops without getting bothered or sometimes threatened. Pain in the ass. Minimal Police presence. There is simply no will to properly tackle this scum epidemic. What other European capital would allow a prominant thoroughfare like the Liffey Boardwalk to be so over run with these junkie f[EMAIL="fu@ks"]u@ks[/EMAIL].

They really do have a sense of impunity and absolutely no fear of the courts. Anyone bored/interested should spend an hour in one of the courts in the Criminal Courts Complex on Parkgate Street observing these absolute dregs of society with multiple priors getting off scot free or being sent for a short stay in prison. They have no sense of right or wrong. Just a massive sense of entitlement and an even bigger chip on their shoulder.

They only take from society and will continue to do so indefinitely.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9,183 ✭✭✭dvpower

But shouldn't we be doing more to tackle the roots of the problem; the social deprevation, the drug culture, the holes in the education and social systems?

/awaits torrent of abuse

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,911 ✭✭✭Zombienosh

I love when anyone says "i hate the amount scumbags in this city" etc. and people make sarcastic comments or say shut up its not that bad.

They're mostly people who aren't in the city centre that often or drive everywhere and don't encounter much. If you work or study in the city centre most days and "enjoy" public transport you'll soon realise there are scummed out junkies everywhere, and that can be intimidating to tourists or elderly folk, or indeed anyone really.

Most of these smacked out of it junkies serve no purpose and wouldn't be missed if they were killed one day. We have these scum running around most of the time ****ed on heroin and when they're "sober" they're looking for ways to rob people/shops to get money to score again. Wheres Charles Bronson wen ya need him?

Ah anyways who am I to call them scum, who am I to say they should all be culled.

Sure afterall they're doing no harm like, lets just ignore them and climb back in our BMW's, roll up the windows and turn up Lyric FM.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,778 ✭✭✭Pauleta

Maybe we should get Dog The Bounty Hunter to rid the city center of anti-social behavior :cool:

• Registered Users Posts: 3,808 ✭✭✭Greyfox

dvpower wrote: »
    But shouldn't we be doing more to tackle the roots of the problem; the social deprevation, the drug culture, the holes in the education and social systems?

/awaits torrent of abuse

Na, we do more then enough already. we should get the army to round them all up and force them to go around cleaning up the city

dvpower wrote: »

/awaits torrent of abuse

Name me one city in the industrialised world that doesn't have an underclass of this kind. Do gooders have been saying these kinds of things for generations. The fact of the matter is that in most cities there are good and bad areas. Our problem is that the 'scum' infest the good areas, like O'Connell street, and hog public transport.

Send them all off to a specially constructed suburb somewhere and get them out of sight. Thats the only viable solution.

Then we should construct walls around this suburb and employ middle class armed guards to contain the problem.

Restrict their food and drugs to a very basic amount.

Forcibly take their children at birth and adopt them out to middle class families.

Over several generations, deprived of children and basic sustenance, the remaining people within the compound will eventually die off in old age. We will eliminate our underclass within a few generations if we adopt this bold measure.

A generation of genetic scum children, under the tutelage of middle class parents will ensure a healthy and prosperous future for all.

MOAR HITLER

• Closed Accounts Posts: 539 ✭✭✭piby

those scumbags are everywhere, its like the plague or zombie infestation. I remember an american friend of mine asked me when he was over are they homeless and I said most of them have homes to go to, he was shocked.

I think we should all be taking tips from the Zombie Survival forum!

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 542 ✭✭✭cleremy jarkson

Name me one city in the industrialised world that doesn't have an underclass of this kind. Do gooders have been saying these kinds of things for generations. The fact of the matter is that in most cities there are good and bad areas. Our problem is that the 'scum' infest the good areas, like O'Connell street, and hog public transport.

Send them all off to a specially constructed suburb somewhere and get them out of sight. Thats the only viable solution.

Then we should construct walls around this suburb and employ middle class armed guards to contain the problem.

Forcibly take their children at birth and adopt them out to middle class families.

Over several generations, deprived of children and basic sustenance, the remaining people within the compound will eventually die off in old age. We will eliminate our underclass within a few generations if we adopt this bold measure.

A generation of genetic scum children, under the tutelage of middle class parents will ensure a healthy and prosperous future for all.

MOAR HITLER

I for one would love to see this happen. People talk about tackling these issues; the only way to do so is to take radical measure like these.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,563 ✭✭✭karlog

MOAR HITLER

This is a pretty good idea to be honest.

karlog wrote: »
    This is a pretty good idea to be honest.

I believe Jonathon Swift once said that satire is at its most exquisite when people mistake it for the truth.

Jesus ****ing Christ.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,800 ✭✭✭CHealy

Saw something similar myself on Daunt Square in Cork not an hour ago. Group of about 8-10 young fellas all in their AC Milan and Liverpool trackies shouting at a group of Spanish, the Spaniards were just ignorong them until one little fcuker went up and smacked one of the students. Of course the students were shocked and if it wasnt for a couple of old fellas coming over telling the scum to fcuk off it could have been worse.

But even though I felt sorry for the bloke in this incident I still think they're rude ignorant people, most of them anyway

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,563 ✭✭✭karlog

I believe Jonathon Swift once said that satire is at its most exquisite when people mistake it for the truth.

Jesus ****ing Christ.

Oh of course i know your joking but that doesn't change the fact that this is a fantastic idea. *Thumbs up*

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9 damessyone

The guards tell the junkies to go to the board walk, I was in a park in town having a few cans with mates and a few homeless guys as you do.the guards came and told the homeless guys to make their way to the board walk, think it because once they're on the board walk no Garda station has primary responsibility over it as its seen as "on the water" not Dublin north or south.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 20,009 ✭✭✭✭Run_to_da_hills

You get that scum in Spain also....
    In Spain the cops are the scum.

karlog wrote: »
    Oh of course i know your joking but that doesn't change the fact that this is a fantastic idea. *Thumbs up*

No, it is not a fantastic idea. It is state sponsered ethnic cleansing and the forcible removal of children from families according to social class.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,639 ✭✭✭Miss Lockhart

Wow, I am counting my blessings at how lucky I must be! Maybe I should do the lotto. I am in the city centre (of Dublin - funny how this Dublin thread hasn't been moved) every day, and have been for most of my life, and I've never once been hassled, intimidated or threatened in any way by anyone in Dublin - at any hour, day or night.

Of course, I have seen obvious junkies hanging around, and I know of many bad incidents and a few of my acquaintances have had a bad experience - but that really doesn't tell me much. I could say that having spent only 27 days in Paris (spread over several trips) not one of those days was free from one of the following incidents: attempted scams involving a gold ring; attempted scams involving bracelets; being physically assaulted by a perpetrator of said bracelet scam; mugging; attempted mugging; pickpocketing; attempted pickpocketing; witnessing a serious assault. I could draw the conclusion that Paris is full of violent scumbags - but that would be completely untrue. I know many people who have had no bad experiences in Paris.
    AlcoholicA wrote: »
    I love when anyone says "i hate the amount scumbags in this city" etc. and people make sarcastic comments or say shut up its not that bad.

They're mostly people who aren't in the city centre that often or drive everywhere and don't encounter much.

I am in the city every day and I take public transport (including the 78a). I see junkies and so called "skangers", but clearly not in the same numbers that you do.
    conorhal wrote: »
    If you go over to Tripadvisor and read reviews of Dublin city by visitors, a significant number of reviews mention beggars and general scumbaggery on the streets and it gives a very negative impression if the town (price is the second big negative mentioned, but that's for another thread)

I spend a lot of time on Tripadvisor. Whilst there have been regular mentions of the homeless and beggers in Dublin, I have only seen one or two reviews talking about "general scumbaggery" or incidents such as robbery, theft, intimidatory behaviour etc - certainly no more than in most other destination forums on the site.

I think it would be great if more could be done to reduce any anti-social behaviour in Dublin, but I really don't recognise this picture of Dublin as overrun with scumbags, junkies and criminal behaviour.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 5,668 ✭✭✭nlgbbbblth

As they walked on to O'Connell street , a group of about 5 sweaty pale faced tracksuit wearing junkie scum crawled out of a side street and started shouting abuse at them. 4 men in their late twenties and 1 fat beast of a heroin pin cushion. They used foul language, and one even threw a can at the frightened students. The beast woman even started on a young Spanish girl who was no older than 13!!!

SALT OF THE EARTH. :rolleyes:

Advertisement