Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Students abused by scum.

Comments

• Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 2,688 Mod ✭✭✭✭Morpheus

Why dont we provide every illegal drug user in the state with a government provided, one in a lifetime, once off guaranteed overdose? Then they could snort sniff swallow and inject their way to a blissful peace. we could use the contraband the various agencies have siezed to do this thus costing the state only the price of cremation of the piles of bodies from the boardwalk and parnell pearse etc areas. i like the idea of the pivoting boardwalk tipping them off into the liffey though, thatd be class to watch.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 9,464 ✭✭✭Celly Smunt

Ever see 13 year-old school girls when they all get together on some junket or day out?

oh i do more than see them

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,087 ✭✭✭Clanket

Morphéus wrote: »
    Why dont we provide every illegal drug user in the state with a government provided, one in a lifetime, once off guaranteed overdose? Then they could snort sniff swallow and inject their way to a blissful peace.

I think you'd find there'd be very few people left

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,587 ✭✭✭Pace2008

Why dont we provide every illegal drug user in the state with a government provided, one in a lifetime, once off guaranteed overdose? Then they could snort sniff swallow and inject their way to a blissful peace. we could use the contraband the various agencies have siezed to do this thus costing the state only the price of cremation of the piles of bodies from the boardwalk and parnell pearse etc areas. i like the idea of the pivoting boardwalk tipping them off into the liffey though, thatd be class to watch.
    You do know "heroin" and "drugs" are not interchangeable terms?

• Registered Users Posts: 830 ✭✭✭SEANYBOY1

Gardai should actually do something instead of just telling them to move on
    I hate having to go into the city centre, between junkies, scumbags, beggers, and those annoying charity workers pretending to be your best friend looking for your bank details the place is a kip

Chuggers (charity-muggers)
    Brendog wrote: »
    It happens to the American tourists also. Tons of them come over to Ireland each summer to discover their heritage.

I was in McDonalds with my girlfriend recently and there was a group of Americans sitting behind us chatting away to each other

Do you want fries with your heritage?
    On a serious note McDonalds in O'Connell Street is always full of them; junkies.
    Staff are obviously afraid of them. Seen a junkie falling asleep goofing off in there once, promised myself I'd never frequent that establishment again!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,342 ✭✭✭✭Birneybau

bytey wrote: »
    errr,

shouldnt we be gassing the politicians , before we start looking at the scumbags ?

you all seem to have your priorities backwards.

the simple thing is for the cops to do their job and crack down viciously
    ( using fcuking sticks if need be ) on the scum bags .

but i still think gassing our government is a good idea.

Arf !

We have Godwin's Law, can we call this kind of rubbish something ?

Cowen's Law ?
    Birneybau's Law ?

Politicians = Scumbags, go figure

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 27,341 ✭✭✭✭super_furry

I'd really love to see the word 'scum', 'scumbags' and 'scangers' banned from After Hours. Would immediately cut down on the dozens of pointless threads each week from the bed-wetters.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,563 ✭✭✭karlog

I'd really love to see the word 'scum', 'scumbags' and 'scangers' banned from After Hours. Would immediately cut down on the dozens of pointless threads each week from the bed-wetters.

If were gonna cut down on pointless threads we may aswell close down AH altogether.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,565 ✭✭✭southsiderosie

In fairness the Ramblas (main street) in Barcelona can be dodgy enough as you get nearer to the port even during the daytime.

Because the port end of the Ramblas has been an open-air prostitution market for centuries, and the Raval was basically the red light district. Much of the old city has been seedy for ages; it's only fairly recently that it's been somewhat cleaned up (although the Raval is still a hole). To be honest, I have no idea why Las Ramblas is so popular with tourists; it has certainly fallen out of favor with locals. You don't see that kind of stuff on Passeig de Gracia, which is more of a traditional "grand boulevard" (or anywhere in Eixample, for that matter).

I'd really love to see the word 'scum', 'scumbags' and 'scangers' banned from After Hours.
    I agree, though perhaps for different reasons. The term's been overused to the point where it's lost all meaning to me. In English, it's poor practice to reuse the same word over the course of a few sentences, and since there are plenty of synonyms for "scumbag" there’s no call for its repeated use.

Thesauruses out, people.

• Advertisement

Also, have any of the people comparing Dublin to other cities been on some of the side streets off of Las Ramblas (where you are statistically more likely to get your passport or wallet stolen than anywhere else in the world

Bro in law got mugged by transvestites there, and NO he wasn't before you ask.......

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 9,464 ✭✭✭Celly Smunt

SEANYBOY1 wrote: »
    Bro in law got mugged by transvestites there, and NO he wasn't before you ask.......

pansy

Dudess wrote: »
    The junkies around where I worked in the north inner city were always very nice to me. :)

Are you giving them head?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,598 ✭✭✭✭prinz

Pace2008 wrote: »
    I agree, though perhaps for different reasons. The term's been overused to the point where it's lost all meaning to me. In English, it's poor practice to reuse the same word over the course of a few sentences, and since there are plenty of synonyms for "scumbag" there’s no call for its repeated use.
    Thesauruses out, people.

Personally I prefer the more correct Latin plural word endings. Poor practice to simplify matters.

prinz wrote: »
    Personally I prefer the more correct Latin plural word endings. Poor practice to simplify matters.
    In contemporary English, both "Thesauruses" and "Thesauri" are acceptable. Thesauri is not "more correct."

In contemporary English, both "Thesauruses" and "Thesauri" are acceptable. Thesauri is not "more correct."

In 'contempory' English a lot of things are acceptable. In time it may become acceptable to say radiuses. Radii will always technically be the more correct grammatically speaking.

In 'contempory' English a lot of things are acceptable. In time it may become acceptable to say radiuses. Radii will always technically be the more correct grammatically speaking.
    Any Google search will suggest both suffixes are acceptable in the case of Thesaurus, but not for Radius.

As is often the case with English, there are no hard-and-fast rules for words that end with "us". "Genii," for example, sounds rather archaic to me, and AFAIK is not really used in the literary world.

Any Google search will suggest both suffixes are acceptable in the case of Thesaurus, but not for Radius..

As I said, in time...

/Epic Derail...?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,568 ✭✭✭Chinasea

I saw some little tracksuit feckers firing an opened can of coke into a bunch of students near the DART station last night - the poor kids just couldn't understand why or what for?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,097 ✭✭✭Herb Powell

you sound like a nice fella

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,487 ✭✭✭Mister men

I think the one worrying development within all this is the Garda seem to turn a blind eye to these junkie scum.

pmcmahon wrote: »
    pansy

Um, have you seen Barca trannies? Some of them are truly scary. Hell, they could clear out the city center in a week...Come to think of it, maybe they should be coming for English classes instead of spoiled Spanish teenagers... Scumbags would have to think twice before attacking them - and if they did, the outcome would be mighty entertaining. :p

• Closed Accounts Posts: 266 ✭✭bytey

Birneybau wrote: »
    Arf !

We have Godwin's Law, can we call this kind of rubbish something ?

Cowen's Law ?
    Birneybau's Law ?

Politicians = Scumbags, go figure

we can call it 'Birneybaus pollatio law ' if you like, dumbass

• Closed Accounts Posts: 701 ✭✭✭BenShermin

The problem here lies not with the Gardaí rather an outdated red tape knotted system of laws and a majority of judges who know nothing of the real life in modern Ireland.

Where does arresting junkies and scum get your normal rank and file Garda? It gets him/her hours of paperwork, which in turn takes him/her off the beat for a few hours, which leads to the lack of Garda presence people on this thread are speaking of. And all for what, so that a judge can throw the case out of court because the junkie or scum bag only has 157 previous convictions and a trustworthy free legal aid barrister:rolleyes:.

Much better for the Gardaí to follow Dermot Ahern's example of catchcing the people doing 32kmh on the quays instead of cleaning the quays of down and out scum. Sure tis easier to hand a white collar fellow a fine and two penatly points and twill go a long way to clearing our national debt (or more realistically it can go towards making sure the junkies don't miss out on a dole payment).

Seriously I wouldn't go moaning about the Gardaí, the problem here lies at the top of the Justice ministery in Ireland. For a start we've a bunch of idiots in power who feel it's not nessesary for a Garda to be in possession of a proper weapon to deal with junkies who are armed with AIDs invested needles. Seriously if a Garda has a wife/husband and a few kids at home it it really worth it for him/her to do his job as some of you are putting it just to be infected by aids and to have their work flushed down the toilet by a braindead judge.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 37,214 ✭✭✭✭Dudess

Are you giving them head?
    Well... yeah... That's what you're supposed to do isn't it?

BenShermin wrote: »
    Seriously I wouldn't go moaning about the Gardaí, the problem here lies at the top of the Justice ministery in Ireland. For a start we've a bunch of idiots in power who feel it's not nessesary for a Garda to be in possession of a proper weapon to deal with junkies who are armed with AIDs invested needles. Seriously if a Garda has a wife/husband and a few kids at home it it really worth it for him/her to do his job as some of you are putting it just to be infected by aids and to have their work flushed down the toilet by a braindead judge.

Tasers for the win.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,568 ✭✭✭Chinasea

This has been going on for years - remember the poor Italian guy who was beaten to within inches of his life in a park in Fairview and has been left in a terrible state both mentally and physically. Noting is ever done to prevent it happening again. We have laws and lawyers galore who make tons of money but no actual proper Garda enforcement nor presence and it does seem that the judges are way too far removed from what its like outhere on the trenches. No wonder tourists are starting to cop on the place is a dive, it took awhile but there is no hiding the visible warts that seem to own our streets.

/Epic Derail...?

Indeed. Makes one wonder why it was ever derailed in the first place. Ah yes, for the sake of pedantism and some sort of ego massage.

• Advertisement

Indeed. Makes one wonder why it was ever derailed in the first place. Ah yes, for the sake of pedantism and some sort of ego massage.
    After Hours is serious business.

Best of luck to ya, man.

Advertisement