Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Best player that has SEEN YOU play!

• 15-07-2010 2:42pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 17,154 ✭✭✭✭Neil3030

Well? Tony Cascarino saw me play in France once :P

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 492 ✭✭HoPpiE

Eric Lavine seen me nutmeg him last year in a junior cup match!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,514 ✭✭✭Dermo

Neil3030 wrote: »
    Well? Tony Cascarino saw me play in France once :P

Alan Shearer saw me play U-14 against Blackburn Rovers U-14 :)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 53,262 ✭✭✭✭GavRedKing

Luis Figo whe I nut megged him.

Kind regards,
    JOS

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 40,909 ✭✭✭✭Xavi6

Brian Kerr watched a couple of my underage games and Garry Haylock was my coach in college.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 15,392 ✭✭✭✭Oat23

Alex Ferguson one time.

Me and my mate were playing keepy up with a stone, Ian Rush walked by and said ''On the head, son!''.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 241 ✭✭sandt

Shay Given watched me play in a game in lifford but it was gaelic though, does that count???

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,668 ✭✭✭String

Denis Irwin. Was at one of those kids training camps years ago :pac:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,438 ✭✭✭frantic190

Liam Brady
    Damian Duff
    Ian Harte
    Stephen Carr
    Jeff Kenna
    Jason Byrne

Have all seen how bad I am

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 17,154 ✭✭✭✭Neil3030

Oatesy23 wrote: »
    Alex Ferguson one time.

Me and my mate were playing keepy up with a stone, Ian Rush walked by and said ''On the head, son!''.

Please tell me that second bit isn't a piss take :D

• Registered Users Posts: 2,418 ✭✭✭curry-muff

Packie Bonner seen me play gaelic :pac:

As for football nobody really notable except Jonny Speake, Finn Harps legend :p

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,689 ✭✭✭sky88

had a outer body experience and saw myself play i was amazing

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 15,392 ✭✭✭✭Oat23

Neil3030 wrote: »
    Please tell me that second bit isn't a piss take :D

True story.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 692 ✭✭✭gleep

curry-muff wrote: »
    Packie Bonner seen me play gaelic :pac:

As for football nobody really notable except Jonny Speake, Finn HarpsDerry legend :p

FYP:D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 21,235 ✭✭✭✭flahavaj

I was a far better prospect than John O Shea as a nine year old below in Waterford.:pac:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 29,293 ✭✭✭✭Mint Sauce

Paul Cook or some of the sligo players might have seen me on the local astro turf, dont think they were too worried about their places

:)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 51,342 ✭✭✭✭That_Guy

Wayne Bridge saw me playing................... wiv his burd.

/gets coat.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,418 ✭✭✭curry-muff

gleep wrote: »
    FYP:D

He was a legend for both to be fair ;)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,588 ✭✭✭daithijjj

Played against shay given at underage. Spent 90 mins in their half, won 1-0 with a deflected goal. No prizes for guessing man of the match in that game.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,778 ✭✭✭Pauleta

Former F1 World Champion Damon Hill has seen me play football :D

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 20,862 ✭✭✭✭inforfun

Wim Jansen en Wim van Hanegem (Wc finalists of 74)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,605 ✭✭✭Fizman

Andy Reid saw me sitting on the bench while his Dublin Schoolboy league team beat Limerick SL in the final of the Kennedy cup about 13 or so years ago. I was still underage the following year though so I was just enjoying the experience! :D

Brian Kerr selected me in his U-16 squad about 11 years ago. I trained a few times but unfortunately never managed to get a cap out of it. Always remembered the last session I had with them.......I returned home from Dublin to the news that Princess Diana died in a crash.

Always looked forward to when people would ask "Where were you when you heard Princess Di died"?

"Oh I was training with the Irish team". :pac:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,235 ✭✭✭iregk

Marco Van Basten, Ronald Koeman and Ronald De Boer while playing in a football tournament in the Ajax Arena years back.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,258 ✭✭✭MUSEIST

Eamon dunphy........hhmmm, well actually it was the guy who from apres match who inpersonates him who saw me do a kick about almost a decade ago.
    Thats about as close or as far as I have come

• Paolo Maldini FTW

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,506 ✭✭✭✭fullstop

Fizman wrote: »

Brian Kerr selected me in his U-16 squad about 11 years ago. I trained a few times but unfortunately never managed to get a cap out of it. Always remembered the last session I had with them.......I returned home from Dublin to the news that Princess Diana died in a crash.

Always looked forward to when people would ask "Where were you when you heard Princess Di died"?

"Oh I was training with the Irish team". :pac:

Have you forgotten your age? That was 13 years ago :pac:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,950 ✭✭✭Pinturicchio

Paul "Ski" McGee.

• Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 30,917 Mod ✭✭✭✭Insect Overlord

Did a goalkeeping training camp when I was 14, Packie Bonner showed up one of the days! :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,361 ✭✭✭Boskowski

Not 100% sure cos I played in front of thousands at some stage :cool: (sounds grander than it was, was in the reserves and we regularly played right before the first team with the stadium filling up) but I had a kickabout with Thomas Haessler and Christian Ziege once.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 10,838 ✭✭✭✭3hn2givr7mx1sc

Packie Bonner saw me play once at an FAI camp yokey.

• Advertisement

Jamie Redknapp and Jason McAteer at a one day soccer camp in Golden. co Tipperary back in summer of 1995. :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,289 ✭✭✭parker kent

Bottom of the barrel stuff now, played against Paul McShane in my earlier years...still think I am Wicklow's best footballer born in January 1986 :D

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 51,342 ✭✭✭✭That_Guy

Bottom of the barrel stuff now, played against Paul McShane in my earlier years...still think I am Wicklow's best footballer born in January 1986 :D

And now look at ya. Posting on boards like a commoner. Pfft. ;)

Advertisement