Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Fancy signing a petition?

• 15-07-2010 3:08pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,460 ✭✭✭✭

I know these things are as likely to be ignored as not, but it will do no harm.

There is growing resentment among fans over the UFC's constant stream of broken promises regarding events here. Ireland event in March, title shot in the next event, US quality cards, all waffle and bluff.

One of the guys on the Fight Club forums has started a petition, just to get some names down so it can be passed on to the big chiefs.

As I say, it'll do no harm so feel free to sign up.

http://www.petitionspot.com/petitions/ufcukfans

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,871 ✭✭✭Karmafaerie

Well it's up to the UFC to put on the show.
    It's not as if they're actively depriving us, they just have a lot of things to work out.
    Plus Dana promised to bring a better show, so i believe he simply wants to make sure that they have everything in place.

I'm just happy that they're making the effort as it is.
    We're a tiny market, and it's great that they're putting in the effort to get over here.

And as for the UK.
    They have had good cards in the UK, and title fights.
    Personaly I think that the way they try and promote local talent is a hell of a lot better than bringing tonnes of superstars as it give an outlet for MMA in the UK, and through the UFC fights in the UK, a lot of good (if not spectacular) fighters are getting a chance to shine.

Let Strikeforce and Affliction before it stick with the policy of importing stars, I prefer the UFC building it's own local stars.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,460 ✭✭✭✭DrPhilG

I take your point about being happy they come at all, but the fact is they have made repeated promises and constantly break them.

If DW said, "we won't be back in Ireland for about 2 years and when we do come to the UK it's harder to get big names on card for whatever reason", I'd be disappointed but at least I'd know the story.

Instead they promised a March show in Ireland, promised a title shot and promised regularly that UK cards would be as high a quality as US events.

Then you have Marshall Zelaznik giving fans cheek on facebook for complaining!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,871 ✭✭✭Karmafaerie

Don't get me wrong, I'm no UFC administrative fan, but I just think that they deserve a bit more time.
    With the sport evolviing as much as it is, things change on a weekly basis, so yeah Dana shouldn't be promissing things left, right, and center, but it is dana we're talking about.
    I think we all know to take everything he says with a pinch or thirty of salt!

Believe me when i say , they want to get back here. The last show they did here looked great on TV , from what i have heard , is they want to get that reaction again to bigger fights . Its just a matter of when. Also breaking into newer countries right now is the main priority . Im sure we will see an event here in 2011.

Again, I believe you both with regards to not expecting too much from the UFC, but I don't think it's an acceptable excuse to just say "oh you know Dana, always talking crap"!

Sooner or later you're going to start pissing people off by lying all tghe time and not backing it up. That's the point we're at now!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,659 ✭✭✭unknown13

DrPhilG wrote: »
    I know these things are as likely to be ignored as not, but it will do no harm.

There is growing resentment among fans over the UFC's constant stream of broken promises regarding events here. Ireland event in March, title shot in the next event, US quality cards, all waffle and bluff.

One of the guys on the Fight Club forums has started a petition, just to get some names down so it can be passed on to the big chiefs.

As I say, it'll do no harm so feel free to sign up.

http://www.petitionspot.com/petitions/ufcukfans

Going to sign it but will the UFC listen is another story. You and I can both see that the thread surrounding the petition has not received a reply from Rachel and she has been active on the forums.

unknown13 wrote: »
    Going to sign it but will the UFC listen is another story. You and I can both see that the thread surrounding the petition has not received a reply from Rachel and she has been active on the forums.

Rachel never responds to anything controversial unless you PM her directly. Even then she's rarely helpful. I've been moaning at her for a year about TUF on Setanta and she just brushes it off.

But as I said, won't do any harm...

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 19,258 ✭✭✭✭MrStuffins

IMO this whole thing is silly.

We're a tiny island, we were lucky that they came here in the first place. I mean, we were only the second foreign market to have a show outside of North America.

I'm sure their decision to come here or not is all part of a corporate strategy. Be happy that they're considering coming here at all!

And as for a petition? Please! What is it with people and their petitions for the smallest things? Ridiculous!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,554 ✭✭✭LeBash

MrStuffins wrote: »
    IMO this whole thing is silly.

We're a tiny island, we were lucky that they came here in the first place. I mean, we were only the second foreign market to have a show outside of North America.

I'm sure their decision to come here or not is all part of a corporate strategy. Be happy that they're considering coming here at all!

And as for a petition? Please! What is it with people and their petitions for the smallest things? Ridiculous!

Tottally agree, and when we do get any event here, it costs a small fortune to ship stuff. My advice is not wasting your time petitioning the UFC and we should all get together and petition KFC to open a new branch inbetween 2 rival pubs.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,945 ✭✭✭✭scudzilla

Rachel never responds to anything controversial unless you PM her directly. Even then she's rarely helpful. I've been moaning at her for a year about TUF on Setanta and she just brushes it off.

But as I said, won't do any harm...

Rachel, IMO is a complete and utter twunt, she gave me 3 warnings in the space of 3 days, and told me that they will never go away and that i will never be able to get a clean slate!!! Even hardened criminals get some sort of remission.

2 of my warnings were for what i said in the chat room, i firstly said to a buddy that Rampage163 (pepper from mmabay) is retarded, the second was telling same mates about a bluetooth vid i found on my son's phone, i said speciafically what it was.

I argued that there was only me and 3 mates in there at the time, and that Rampage163 IS ACTUALLY retarded but she was having none of it.

Great thing is i have pm's over there that will finish her in FC once and for good, PM's of her admitting that the FC backstage comp is rigged and that she was going to arrange for me to win the UFC93 one ;)

• Advertisement

scudzilla wrote: »
    Rachel, IMO is a complete and utter twunt, she gave me 3 warnings in the space of 3 days, and told me that they will never go away and that i will never be able to get a clean slate!!! Even hardened criminals get some sort of remission.

2 of my warnings were for what i said in the chat room, i firstly said to a buddy that Rampage163 (pepper from mmabay) is retarded, the second was telling same mates about a bluetooth vid i found on my son's phone, i said speciafically what it was.

I argued that there was only me and 3 mates in there at the time, and that Rampage163 IS ACTUALLY retarded but she was having none of it.

Great thing is i have pm's over there that will finish her in FC once and for good, PM's of her admitting that the FC backstage comp is rigged and that she was going to arrange for me to win the UFC93 one ;)

Rampage163 doesn't post on FC anymore. The chat is now monitored and the FC is gradually turning into a joke. The chat, laugh my ass off, Is never active only except when Q&A's take place. I believe the backstage comp is rigged for the foreign events going on the winners of previous foreign events but some of the American ones have been complete unknowns.

Rampage163 doesn't post on FC anymore. The chat is now monitored and the FC is gradually turning into a joke. The chat, laugh my ass off, Is never active only except when Q&A's take place. I believe the backstage comp is rigged for the foreign events going on the winners of previous foreign events but some of the American ones have been complete unknowns.

The chat is monitored again now? At first it was, then it wasn't now it is again??

The Fighter Q&A's are a complete joke, all pre-censored crap.

And i know for certain that the backstage comp is rigged, she rigged it for me, but she's still a twunt

I've not been near the place in nearly 18 months now, i'll bet i'm still on the top 20 post counts of all time there and Mob and Alamo are on top.

That Whiney Weenie one annoyed the crap outta me, and that marketcnut guy

Post count for Thread About Nothing:
    1. AlamoMan 4,194
    2. KingMob 2,478
    3. SCUD 2,405
    4. Waianae_Wahine 2,158
    5. firefightermedic525 1,837
    6. Fangface 1,762
    7. KEUFFDOG 1,700
    8. ufcringgirl 1,528

I am leaving the UFC FC after my membership runs out because it is becoming a joke and a total waste of money.

Post count for Thread About Nothing:
    1. AlamoMan 4,194
    2. KingMob 2,478
    3. SCUD 2,405
    4. Waianae_Wahine 2,158
    5. firefightermedic525 1,837
    6. Fangface 1,762
    7. KEUFFDOG 1,700
    8. ufcringgirl 1,528

I am leaving the UFC FC after my membership runs out because it is becoming a joke and a total waste of money.

But that's only TAN, where we talked any kind of crap.

I agree, it is a waste of money, if i want presale i just ask one of my mates and use there code, probably do that for the next Dublin event.

Opens them up for flack though when they let a member buy 6 tickets!!!

Scud if you have the power to sink Rachel, what's stopping you! I've totally lost faith in her after her refusal to take my moaning about TUF in Ireland seriously.

Not surprised that MMABAY guys don't post anymore, they have no respect even there because their site is so bad.

And to the guys crapping on the petition, seriously? "Oh but we're just the pishy Irish so we should be grateful for any crumbs that fall from the rich Dana's table"? It's not just about the Irish it's about the whole of Europe which has seen ever decreasing cards and constant CONSTANT broken promises.

I agree that online petitions are generally not worth the paper they're printed on but we're talking about something originating out of a pretty small community, the UK/Ireland based Fight Club members. If that can reach a decent number and bed passed on to someone via the FC or at the FC Q&A then why not. It's not like they're trying to organise world war 3, just get an opinion across.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 963 ✭✭✭Richy06

The UFC's biggest matket is the US. The US don't like pre taped shows and don't buy them so they are put on Spike= free TV.

There's not much hope of the UFC putting on a high profile card here or anywhere else, especially after the Dubai debacle. And even then, the only reason they had title fights in Dubai was because the arabs bought 10 per cent of the company. Whatever they throw this way or England's way is going to be breadcrumbs.

Richy06 wrote: »
    The UFC's biggest matket is the US. The US don't like pre taped shows and don't buy them so they are put on Spike= free TV.

There's not much hope of the UFC putting on a high profile card here or anywhere else, especially after the Dubai debacle. And even then, the only reason they had title fights in Dubai was because the arabs bought 10 per cent of the company. Whatever they throw this way or England's way is going to be breadcrumbs.

But like I said, I don't have that big a problem with breadcrumbs, but I'd prefer they stopped trying to convince us that we're going to get big names and big fights, and then charging us big money for it. I know the prices are much lower than Vegas but still similar to the ones in smaller US venues.

Scud if you have the power to sink Rachel, what's stopping you! I've totally lost faith in her after her refusal to take my moaning about TUF in Ireland seriously.

Not surprised that MMABAY guys don't post anymore, they have no respect even there because their site is so bad.

And to the guys crapping on the petition, seriously? "Oh but we're just the pishy Irish so we should be grateful for any crumbs that fall from the rich Dana's table"? It's not just about the Irish it's about the whole of Europe which has seen ever decreasing cards and constant CONSTANT broken promises.

I agree that online petitions are generally not worth the paper they're printed on but we're talking about something originating out of a pretty small community, the UK/Ireland based Fight Club members. If that can reach a decent number and bed passed on to someone via the FC or at the FC Q&A then why not. It's not like they're trying to organise world war 3, just get an opinion across.

Sink her because the UFC Fight Club is in serious decline and is terrible at the moment. The only person to blame for this is Rachel since she is employed by the UFC to look over it. Note that some members are pretty close to her, IE the two you mentioned that annoyed the shít out of you.

whats your username over there? Unkown13?

I was pretty clever before my membership expired, sent all the pm's (time dated) to a few mates who are still members, i'll just get them over to yourself, make sure they get into the hands of the mouths and just sit back to watch the fireworks :-)

• Advertisement

A huge number of people over there freely admit that they only stay/renew for the banter on the forums. for the things that FC supposedly gives you, few are any use.

Free t-shirt - Whoop de doo. You have to pay a fortune in shipping for it and it's not a great shirt. I use it for training. Plus you can't opt out of the shirt so there's no way to avoid the shipping.

First access to tickets - Unless you're lucky enough to be buying tickets for an arena that doesn't use ticketmaster, big deal. I bought tickets for 99 in Germany and it was a pleasure. I got to pick my exact seat from a seating plan and the whole thing was a breeze. But if it's ticketbasta#d doing the sale, the whole thing is pointless. You get randomly generated tickets in crapy sections and TM only release the tickets in blocks, i.e. you spend an hour bouncing in and out of 1 section throwing back crappy tickets and 5 minutes after you settle for some, they release a better section and you could have had front row tickets. Half the time the general release gets better seats anyway.

Plus 80% of FC members are touts. Why allow all members to buy up to 6 or sometimes 8 tickets?

Online chats - Been there 2 years and never seen any...

Q&A Sessions before weigh ins - Now these I do enjoy. Scud what do you mean about them being pre-censored crap? I've asked questions at a few events including a very critical one at UFC 99 regarding the queueing system outside. No censoring involved? :confused:

A huge number of people over there freely admit that they only stay/renew for the banter on the forums. for the things that FC supposedly gives you, few are any use.

Free t-shirt - Whoop de doo. You have to pay a fortune in shipping for it and it's not a great shirt. I use it for training. Plus you can't opt out of the shirt so there's no way to avoid the shipping.

First access to tickets - Unless you're lucky enough to be buying tickets for an arena that doesn't use ticketmaster, big deal. I bought tickets for 99 in Germany and it was a pleasure. I got to pick my exact seat from a seating plan and the whole thing was a breeze. But if it's ticketbasta#d doing the sale, the whole thing is pointless. You get randomly generated tickets in crapy sections and TM only release the tickets in blocks, i.e. you spend an hour bouncing in and out of 1 section throwing back crappy tickets and 5 minutes after you settle for some, they release a better section and you could have had front row tickets. Half the time the general release gets better seats anyway.

Plus 80% of FC members are touts. Why allow all members to buy up to 6 or sometimes 8 tickets?

Q&A Sessions before weigh ins - Now these I do enjoy. Scud what do you mean about them being pre-censored crap? I've asked questions at a few events including a very critical one at UFC 99 regarding the queueing system outside. No censoring involved? :confused:

It was the online chats that i was referring to, I was in one wit Forrest Griffin, they start with usernames A,B &C and they have 5 mins of questions, 1 at a time.

I typed mine out, a bit controversial, "Do you think Dampage acts up for the camera's" as it was at the time of TUF.
    It wasn't put out as it wasn't deemed appropriate, all a load of bollox.

I've made some good friends from FC, 3 dumbasses from texas, who i'll be visitin next year, a few from UK and we all tend to meet up and do our own thing when we go to an event.

Like at 93, we booked The Octagon Bar in The Clarence Hotel and had our own party, The Ref's came, Buffer and Octagon Girls, great night.

2 days before 93 i took Big Dan, his wife and Kev on a small tour of castle, that was also cool

• Registered Users Posts: 51 ✭✭GaryW

I was GAR on the FC boards, I do remember at 99 you asking the Question, seemed fair enough and if I remember rightly they answered you and took it on board, was that not when Dana called the FC people out to answer the question? about the 2 queues merging or something right? I let my membership expire earlier in the year... anyone has a code for tomorrows presale id love it...

GaryW wrote: »
    I was GAR on the FC boards, I do remember at 99 you asking the Question, seemed fair enough and if I remember rightly they answered you and took it on board, was that not when Dana called the FC people out to answer the question? about the 2 queues merging or something right?

Yeah Dana called a guy out to answer, and they did seem to take notice. But nothing has changed. The main point I was making is that someone from the UFC or some volunteers from the FC should be there to assist the venue security. That happens to some extent in the States where Smitty from FC helps out a bit but in the UK it doesn't happen, venue security are given little info, very late and they have to make it up as they go along.

• Registered Users Posts: 49 thelurcher77

Look i see a lot of people complaining about the UFC not coming to Ireland , like come on lads we are a very small country and the way the UFC look at it is if people in Ireland want to watch the UFC live they will travel to the UK which i for one have done nearly every time they have been in the UK and I have to Las Vegas at 4 UFC events , we shouldn't believe everything Dana says because he says things just to keep people happy and at the end of the day if you are a fan and you want to see it live you will travel FACT

if you are a fan and you want to see it live you will travel FACT

And if you're not a sucker you won't like paying numbered event prices for a Fight Night card just because it's in the UK or Ireland...

Advertisement